🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: "The beneficiary name is mismatched." err...
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,638 REPLIES 1,638

Also please note. I waited 3 weeks after receiving the mismatich error for someone to reach out. No one did. Then I created the ticket noted above. It was acknowledged but no one assisted in resolving the issue. I created the ticket 9 days ago. Now I am here asking for help. I am not sure what to do.

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I have followed up with the team handling your request. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork
dae6647a
Community Member

Hi! Can I be helped too please.

It showed  beneficiary name mismatched. I can prove that I own this account although it doesn't match with my upwork verified name. 

Hi Odigili,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
73895a8a
Community Member

Hello Luigi, my name on my Upwork profile is "Victor Olisaemeka" however I made the mistake of entering an account with "Chidubem Olisaemeka".  I realised the error and contacted the account manager and I got the name changed to my exact Upwork name. 

However, Upwork deactivated that payment method saying that there was a name mismatch even though the names match now.

Please, what do I do?

Hi Victor,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same problem can you please help me

Hi Esraa,

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am happy to inform you that your payment method is already active now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you very much

19080ea1
Community Member

hello upwork , my name is same as my paypal account even tho same email used in upwork its the same email in my paypal could yu please help me with this issue "Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi Luiggi,

I'm having the same issue with name mismatch. I tried to call Upwork but you are no longer taking calls from freelancers. This is very disapointing and unhelpful. Please have someone contact me ASAP so I can obtain payment for my work. Thank you.

Hi Alice,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties contacting our support team. I've reached out to the team handling the review on your account and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3cefc610
Community Member

Hello,

It's been over 48 hours and my bank account it still deactivated.

It says that Payment method verification on progress, beneficiary name is mismatched but I have the same upwork account and bank account name.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!

Hi Rahasta,

The name mismatch error has already been approved. You may log in to your account and check. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d62edb8f
Community Member

My name is Cristiana and I am new to upwork, I also had a mismatch. But I also wonder why we pay and why we need a PayPal account? I'm here to receive employment from home because I am super broke and cannot work outside of the home. In my past experience they have run my card when there's no money in there

e3fe62a3
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, 

I have the same issue. The beneficiary name is mismatched on Paypal, the bank account and the profile name. Could you help to solve the issue? thank you.

Hi I-Yun,

As confirmed by our team, you will need to update your profile photo so that they can proceed with reviewing your name mismatch. You can refer to this help article for tips.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I had this SAME ISSUE and NO ONE HAS REAXHED OUT TO ME IN 4 MONTHS!!!! I am rettaining an attorney. 

It says my name is mismatched despite it being EXACTLY THE SAME on BOTH the platform and the account. I have accepted payments for FOUR YEARS through the same account and now it tells me its mismatched and no one has contacted me in MONTHS to resolve. I am livid. 

Edit: I've contacted an attorney and will move forward with an FTC complaint if this is not mitigated by EOD. 

Hi Molly,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and trouble this may have caused. I looked closely at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Luggi,

Having a similar problem here.

My verified name(last name) is translated into English with a different letter "Q" instead of "K"

When adding a payment method, it just keeps being disabled due to the mismatch in the bank account beneficiary name and Upwork verified name.

Thanks

Hi Haitham,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered this issue as well. I've confirmed with the relevant team on our end that you should no longer see that name mismatch on your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6692b1e7
Community Member

Hi, I had the same issue and then got a reply it'd be activated in 24 December but it's still inactive, can you help please? 🥲

Hi Mohamed,

I checked your account and can confirm that your case has been escalated to the correct team. I also saw that you have submitted a follow-up to the team. Please allow them time to check. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a0394eb7
Community Member

I need help with this , I have wait more than 4 days and no one has contact me yet, I am starting to get desesperate now 

boralaci
Community Member

Dear Luiggi and Upwork Support Team,

I also have a beneficiary name mismatch due to using company account, however I haven't been contacted by Upwork. It's been more than 4 business days since there was a change in my bank account details and I haven't been contacted yet. Could you please connect me with the team responsible for the verification so I can upload my documents?

Regards,

Laszlo Bora

Hi Laszlo,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dd0878b6
Community Member

Hi, my name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "KE WAMG" which my first name is KE, and my last name is WANG. But still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

Hi KE W,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your payment method is already accepted. Please complete the Tax Information page to activate your payment method.

- Pradeep

Upwork
1e524727
Community Member

I'm so sorry to bother you, but could you please help me,

I changed my withdrawal bank account information due to some issues with my bank, and I'm sure of my  upowrk account name exactly matches my bank account name, can solve it for me

Hi Raya Khalid,

I'd like to confirm that your account has been reviewed and approved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I believe I've completed all details required more than 48 hours. Since that, my account still verifying and i can't withdraw my payment. Can someone help and check for me. 

Hi Effie Shahrizal,

I'd like to confirm that your account has been reviewed and approved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2b0f3adb
Community Member

LuiggiR - I have been waiting more than 2 weeks desperately trying to reach anyone or process at Upwork to resolve this.

Hi William,

I checked with the team and your payment method should be active now.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

Wise changed my account information. and I added my new account to upwork. i am having the same problem again. can you please support

Hi Soner,

I reached out directly to the team handling your case and they confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. The new payment method will be active in three days.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dac01946
Community Member

Hi Arjay, Thank you

Hi Arjay,

My account was activated, but even though I tried to withdraw money 2 times, the money was returned to me. I added my account information again. can you please confirm?(I wanted to ask for support from the first day because I usually do not get automatic returns). thank you 🙂

Hi Soner,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths