🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

#Upwork #India

rjyadav
Community Member

Hi Raj,
Your account name and bank account holder name must be same other wise you can't verify your payment method

LuiggiR

Hi Raj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lubnaokasha
Community Member

Hi,

I added my PayPal, but it didn't work because the name didn't match, but it is the same name. My verified name is just differ from my PayPal name in capital letters. How I can solve the problem.

Kind Regards

Hi Lubna,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I shared your concern with the relevant team and you will be receiving an email shortly with more information about the next steps to take.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1d516f21
Community Member

Hello,

There is  a warning when I try to get paid "Payment method verification in progress". My account name and bank account holder name are same but I can't verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me? Please assist.

Thanks in advance

Hi Hazal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
khafrakhaled
Community Member

Hello, The issue has gone unresolved for more than 48 hours now. My profile still displays the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message. It would be great if you could assist me with this. Regards!

Hi Khaled,

I have reached out to the team handling your case. One of the members has sent you an email with more details and instructions on how to resolve the issue. Please refer to this support ticket or your email and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ec5e2ff
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm hoping to get help from someone on the support team

I am attempting to add a new bank account to my account but Upwork will not accept it because the first name on my profile does not match the first name on the bank account. This is because I go by my middle name and I want that reflected on my profile. I have already verified my identity by submitting my driver's license and taking a selfie and that was approved. I have a verified identification check mark on my profile as well. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to resolve this? 

Thank you in advance! 

Hi Audrey,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Please also note that the team has taken action with your verified name to reflect to make sure that it reflects your second name. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ec5e2ff
Community Member

Thank you so much! 

duong-chan
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched even though I already had my account verified. Please send me an instruction of how to fix this! Thanks!

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie, the issue has already been fixed.

Hi annie

I am unable to verify my payment method too they send me that (Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.) but my name in up work is the same name as my payment method, can you help me, please?

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Annie, 

I have the same problem. I want to add as a payment method my company's bank account and I have an authorization letter from my company, but I don't know where to send it. 
Please help me to complete this task.

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any Agency or Company profile on your Upwork account. Please note that your payment method must match the name registered on your Upwork account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

My Company (Foundation) does not have account on Upwork. I have a corporatized bank account from the Foundation and want to use it. Can attach the authorization letter, just show me where I can do it.

I have done this. It takes you to a bit and then to a place to leave a message in perpetuity 

My individual checking account, ending with **Edited for Community Guidelines**, gave the error: "The beneficiary name is mismatched." I can provide a document that proves the bank account is mine. Can you fix the status of the account?

Hi Dilara,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, I just go activate a bank wire transfer through my Agency account and I'm facing an issue with The beneficiary name is mismatched. Please help guide what is the problem and why I am facing this issue.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your payment method is already accepted and will be active after Nov 25th.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Please, i have the same problem although the gmail account is literally the same just my last name that i put is different even the profile pic and mobile number are the same

Hi Abdallah,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that the payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. I am experiencing this problem. The only difference is that in the bank, the initial of my middle name appears, while I have my full middle name in the Upwork settings. How can I get this fixed?

Hi Mervin,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this as well. I escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi Annie. 

I am having some issues with the "Upwork any hire" contract. The client paid me. For a week the milestone was in "pending" there was no date mentioned. 

Then yesterday Upwork put my contract with that client on pause (suspension). And when I checked my available balances it is showing me a negative amount saying that the client has returned the payment. What does it mean? 

Hi Mahrukh,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you already have a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
15b27d89
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue aswell. I keep getting a verification error saying that my ID name does not match the name on the bank account even though it does. I have escalated a ticket, still haven't heard from support.

Hi Faheem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Also, kindly note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

Since you have an open support ticket, you can access it here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thank you, the payment method was verified.

i still hope to get a swift response just added my payment and it shows benefiery name mismatched . And i am sure it's all the same. I hope to get a response soon

thabksb

Hi Mubarak,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Same with the information I provided above, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

In your case, if the name mismatch is still there by December 16, please let us know so we can further check it for you.

Also, kindly note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks. I will keep you updated 

226e6127
Community Member

My upwork account name did not match the name in my bank account so that my direct to bank payment method has been deactivated. But I have edited my bank account details and matched it with same name as here in upwork. It is been over 48 hours now and payment method still could not be activated. Any help from the customer support to activate my payment method as soon as possible?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths