🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Mohit B Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Saima,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our agents has already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Abanoub R Community Member

Hi Team,

My US. Bank Account payment method has been deactivated beneficiary name mismatch, I am sure that the first name and the last name is matched, please help me to prove that the names are matched

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Abanoub,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Phung T Community Member

Hi Team,

My Bank Account payment method has been deactivated beneficiary name mismatch, I am sure that the first name and the last name is matched, please help me to prove that the names are matched or assist me how to fix this.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Phung,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Phung T Community Member

It's all good now. Thank you so much.

Sanni S Community Member

My name includes letter ö which Upwork does not accept and Paypal requires the same name as my ID.

Rosemary W Community Member

I have the same problem with mismatched names, so can't get paid for my first job. How were you advised to sort it out? Thanks

Hi Rosie,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Saida A Community Member

Hello everyone, please I need your help , I can't add a method of payment to my Upwork account, there is a message in red that said "the beneficiary name is mismatched" while I'm using the same name for all my accounts and the same email for all PayPal, please if anyone have a solution I'm taking it. 🙏 thank you.

Hi Saida,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that in general, it could take up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
Saida A Community Member

Hi Annie Jane thank you for your reply but it's been more then 48 hours still i haven't recieved any response from upwork support or resolved the problem.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Saida,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Saida A Community Member

Hi Nikola,

the problem is solved, Thank you so much.

Mohammed E Community Member

My payment method is getting refused for "Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I have changed the name to be the same as my upwork account name but it is still deactivated and it has been 4 days 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Roshan K Community Member

From last 3-4 month i haven't used the upwork due to some personal reason, But now i am using it but i don't know why upwork is showing me that my name doesn't match with beneficery name, Interesting thing is that i haven't changes anything in my account, earlier my all withdrawl was done in that account without any issue, but now i don't know why it's happening, So i have raised my query in support (Ticket No -  #39260925) but it's been more then 48 hours still i haven't recieved any response from upwork support.
How can i get quick response from upwork support team.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Roshan,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Mohammed E Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because i have added a third name to my payment method that isnt in my upwork name.

But I have already edited my details to change my name to match the payment method. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Mykhailo N Community Member

Hello! I have a problem with Paypal, I can’t withdraw money from upwork to Paypal, it says that the name does not match with Paypal, but I know and am 100% sure that my name is the same everywhere as in the passport, please help, thank you!

Usama I Community Member

Hello Mykhailo N,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble withdrawing money from Upwork to Paypal. In this case, it's best to contact Upwork support directly as they can assist you with resolving this issue.

Regarding the name mismatch, it's important to make sure that the name on your Upwork account matches the name on your Paypal account exactly, including middle initials or names. If there are any differences, you may need to update your information on either platform to ensure that they match.

You can also check with Paypal support to ensure that your account is properly set up to receive payments from Upwork. They may be able to provide additional assistance or insights on this issue.

I hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to reach out to Upwork support for further assistance.

Best regards

Usama I.

Mykhailo N Community Member

Thank you Usuma! So I'am from Ukraine,I have middle initials, where i can change it on Upwork ? I just didnt found.

Usama I Community Member

Thank you for writing back Mykhailo N,

If you need to update your name or middle initials on your Upwork account, you can do so by following these steps:

1. Log in to your Upwork account.
  2. Go to your Settings by clicking on your profile picture at the top-right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Contact Info" from the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on the "Edit" button next to your name.
  5. Update your name or middle initials as needed.
  6. Click on "Save Changes" to update your information.

Please note that you may be required to provide supporting documentation, such as a passport or driver's license, to verify your identity when making changes to your name or middle initials.

It's important to ensure that your name on Upwork matches the name on your official identification documents, such as your passport, as this is required by Upwork's terms and conditions. Any mismatch can cause issues with withdrawing funds or receiving payments.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Usama I.

Hi Mykhailo,

It looks like you've deleted your PayPal payment method at the moment. Normally, it takes our team up to 48 hours to review name mismatches. That said, I feel it necessary to mention here that, in general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths