🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,640 REPLIES 1,640

Hello,

Is it possible I could get a ticket created for my account due to the name issue which I was told is resolved? I'm still unable to add my payment method without getting the same error plus its now saying inactive. secondly, my tax document was sent to the tax department and no one has sent a follow-up regarding the review.

Even though my name on my bank account and my Upwork name are the same, it says Upwork does not match. I also have a name in my surname and it doesn't accept it. Can you help me with this?

Hi Mert,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method will be active and ready for use in three days.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8ce9e3bc
Community Member

Hello Arjay, 

I have the same issue and the name is matching and still getting the error, would you please check if I need to change enything from my side or just wait for more time ?

Hi Ahmed,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, I have just seen that I have an error saying my name's mismatched. I have used the same bank details and the same name on my Upwork account since I created the profile years ago. Yet I am now recieving this error message. 

Hi Avia,

I checked with the team and am happy to confirm that this has been fixed. You may log in and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, Thank you

Hi, Joanne Marie
Please help I have the beneficiary name mismatch issue going on on my account, both Paypal account and Upwork are the same. Please help. Thank you 😊

Hi Ros,

I've escalated your case directly to the team handling the review. Kindly expect an update from one of the members via email with more information and further assistance. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team to resolve the name mismatch issue on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I too, am having the same problem.  My first name is the same on both...pls help.  It has been this way for a week...

Hello,

I'm having trouble adding my WISE account using the "Direct to U.S. Bank (USD)" option. My profile is giving me an error message saying that the beneficiary name doesn't match. I've been now 3 days, but the issue hasn't been resolved. I already double-checked the name on my Upwork account matches the name on my bank account. Could you please help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance @Luiggi R 🙂

codeguru
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

I had a similar issue, and fortunately the support agent was able to fix the naming issue for the withdraw method in less than 2 days. Now the problem is the restriction applied on my account which is preventing withdrawal even for old withdrawal methods.

The restriction is on my account for over two weeks now. Tried reaching out on the original ticket fixing the naming issue with no luck. The agent stated that the complinace team would contact me and that's it. There is no other update for two weeks.

10 days after the withdraw method addition incedent, another ticket was automatically generated asking me to verify my name using the rare spelling of my name. I submitted on that newly created ticket to explain the issue and my name on my id is already verified on upwork and no need to change it. And there is no answer to that ticket since it was created 5 days now.

Now my withdrawal has been restricted for over 2 weeks. When I've been working here as a client, I've never been late on my bills, all those days, for over $80,000 worth of contracts. Even while traveling or in difficult situations. Now, as a freelancer, my earnings are temprary blocked for two weeks, and even the tickets are unanswered. No replay there for days and weeks. That's sad. Are you able to help me remove that restriction.

Appreciate your effort.

Best Regards

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

I'm stepping in for Luiggi. We, as Community moderators, do not have the option to remove account limitations but the team who has initially assisted you can definitely assist with this concern. I understand you're eager to hear back from them and I followed up on your support ticket to let them know you reached out today. Please feel free to update the same ticket should you have further questions or concerns so our team can assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, have added the bank account of my LLC, could you please kindly open a ticket so I can share the articles of incorporation and a letter from a bank, so the name mismatch is approved? Thanks

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
6c327fda
Community Member

Hello, could anyone help me please with this? in the platform appear "The beneficiary name is mismatched but my name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Dania Melissa Midence" but still upwork is saying, .

Thank you!

Hi Dania,

I'll be happy to help. I shared your concern with the relevant team on our end and can confirm that the mismatch has been resolved. 

That said, I can see that you're still pending to complete your Tax Information; more specifically, you're missing your Tax Identification Number (TIN). This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country's TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6c327fda
Community Member

Thank you Luiggi, has been resolved and I have completed the missing information.

4b8507f5
Community Member

I entered my card information to transfer the money in my account to my card via IBAN (direct bank transfer) but my UpWork name and my card name do not match due to non-English characters in my name.

In addition, the card information section does not accept the letter "ı" and the letter "ç" of my original surname.

Hence, "Payment method verification in progress"
Your payment method has been disabled because the recipient name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

"The beneficiary name is mismatched. "

system gives this error.

8ffee1bb
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I have a similar issue. The payment method I added was declined as a result of a name mismatch, but it's the same name as what's on my Upwork profile. Please can you help me resolve it? thanks.

8848d2f0
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, Can you help me with same problem? My real name is İslam Koç but i use Islam Koc on Upwork.  I am using islam Koc on my local bank account because its not accept İslam Koç or islam koç. Please i tried several times and  still   i dont understand the problem.

Hi! Can someone help me? My certificate of earnings has an incorrect spelling. My profile name is the correct one.

Hi Mylene,

Apologies for the name mismatch on the Certificate of Earnings. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9797cd53
Community Member

My names match (and always have), but I've been getting the "mismatched name" message for more than a week.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having an issue where it says that the beneficiary name on the account is mismatched. I used my middle name as the first name when originally signing up for an account but I'm having trouble with the payment options

adeyinks
Community Member

Good day, support. My name is Adeyinka Lawal. I am having the same issue. I am having issues with my payment account name. I cannot cash out because Upwork us telling me my payment name is mismatched. But I have the same name on my profile and my bank account. Please, kindly attend to this immediately. Thank you for your quick response.

Hi Adeyinka,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, can anyone help me and solve this issue? I'm trying to add a payment method and it's saying the beneficiary name does not match.

Hi Adeyinka,

Thanks for reaching out. Checking your account, I see that the name mismatch has been cleared and your payment method is now active. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further concerns.

~ Samuel

Hello Adeyinka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Muhammad

Hello can you help review my account, I have changed my name for three business days now and it has reflected, but it is still bringing name mismatch on my account. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

hello,i am mamun miah from bangladesh,i was get job from this site ,i finish my job .now they pay for e by this site but i can not withdrawal now they asking me for money they i have to pay for them 70 usd,so now what ?ihave to do,can you help me to get my payment.thanks

Mamun Mahmud

Hi Mamun,

Getting paid outside of Upwork is considered Circumvention. This is not allowed, and it's a serious violation of our Terms of Service, in addition to putting you at risk of scams. You do not have a contract for the job you're referring to, and a real client will never ask you for money to start working or getting paid.

I'm sorry about your experience. Please take some time to read this article for tips on staying safe on Upwork, as well as this Blog shared by one of our Community members on the top red flags for scams.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
84215e1a
Community Member

Hi, can anyone help me with my payment method and beneficiary name saying it's mismatched?  I already added the account a month ago, and it's still mismatched even though the information I input is correct. Please see the picture below. They even deactivated it since it says incorrect. Please help me. Thank you!

84215e1a_0-1693455594199.png

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active after 3 days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ykaya
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, I am having the same issue. It's been more than 2 weeks, no one reached out yet. When I go to the Help Center page, I don't see a "get support" button. 

Hi Yalcin,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b804e821
Community Member

Luiggi,

I have followed all the steps and created a ticket 9 days ago #42649668. This ticket was created 3 weeks after submitting my account information. After the ticket was created I provided my articles of incorporation and the initial resolution created by my registered agent naming me the sole member. I provided this information without being requested. I have heard nothing in response. I am not sure what to do. I have attached the documents here.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths