🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
18d977ae
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. How do I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Michael,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update 05/30: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

908 REPLIES 908
zaqvi
Community Member

My name is "Rehman Ul Mohsin Zakwi" at bank name. My profile name is "Zaqvi Mohsin". So, there is a problem with my bank detail and an error to correct it. What should I do?

Hi Zaqvi,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tibinhas
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I've used my bank account without any problems before but suddenly Upwork paused my payment method claiming my name does not match my bank account name but it does match. I need to get paid soon, can you please help me? 

Thank you,

Beatriz

Hello,

After using my bank account without any problems before, suddenly Upwork paused my payment method claiming my name does not match my bank account name (it does match). I need to get paid soon, can someone please help me with this?

Thank you

Beatriz

Hi Beatriz,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
5c00021a
Community Member

I changed my profile name from a nickname to my real name, and it has now told me the benificary name is incorrect.

I changed the name to my actual name which matches up with my banking details.

Can anyone help or assist, I have recently completed a job and i'm unable to withdraw the funds

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the message. I checked and I see that the team has reached you requesting additional documents for payment method approval. Kindly reply to the notification with the requested information.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

thanks for the swift reply Pradeep. It asks for the following

"Articles of Incorporation showing the company name and your name as an authorized agent"

"Business license showing the company name and your name as owner or partner"

"A current statement (dated within 90 days) showing the company name and payment provider contact details"

It's not a business, I don't have a "business" the bank account is my personal account

what should i do?

Hi Robert,

Please follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

it says the link has expired, i changed my name over a month

Any advice now that the link has expired?

Hi Robert,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
5c00021a
Community Member

Hi Andrea

Can you tell when I submitted the ticket, was it today or over a month ago?

Rob

Yes, Robert. I can see it was submitted today. You can expect a reply from the team in the next 24-48 hours.

~Andrea
Upwork
121e5816
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

The beneficiary name on my payment method matches the name on my Upwork account but the payment method verification seems to be  still in progress. Can you help?

Hi Gulsum,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Good afternoon,

I have this same issue and have been waiting months for it to get resolved. I had no issues with my payment method, have had my ID verified, and then suddenly in November my account said the beneficiary is mismatched. My name is the same on my bank account, I have removed my payment method multiple times and re-added it. I went in to my tax information and removed my business name in case that was causing this issue. I have tried repeatedly to contact support and get the same auto-generated response that the beneficiary is mis-matched. I need a resolution to this as soon as possible, please. This is getting ridiculous. Thanks.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry to learn about this and how it could've inconvenienced you. I've forwarded your concern to our support team and you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assitance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pad5kor
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

It's been more than 48 hours but it is still showing "Payment method verification in progress".
and beneficiary name mismatch. 

Kindly resolve immedietely.

I am getting this problem repeatedly, resolve it with a permanent solution

Hi Padmaraj,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

My payment has been disabled due to the beneficiary name being mismatched, which it shouldn't be because I use my full name for my bank information and my Upwork profile. I have tried and tried to contact you guys but there seems to be noway to access customer service. I got support and the support said you guys would contact me but the Upwork support team has not contacted me. Can you please help me because I never changed my name on here so I don't know why it is showing this error and holding my funds.

Hi Edna,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b30d89c9
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

It has been more then 48h ( 6-7 days) and I tried "Get Support" button which is great for standard issues and mistakes.

I verified my UpWork account using special characters: š, Ž and ć and my bank account ( Wise.com ) is using s, Z and c.

I have functional Payoneer account but I would really like to use ACH and Wise ( lower fees ).

Thanks.

Hi Nebojsa,

I can confirm that your beneficiary name has been approved and you should no longer see this error on your end. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b30d89c9
Community Member

Yes it is. Thank you Luiggi.

Nebojsa

bbf1d36a
Community Member

I also face same problem 

Hi Asad,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review your account details. If there's any issue, the team will reach out to you directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d74a27bb
Community Member

Hello, im having the same problem about beneficial name and payment method. I changed it and waited 2 days and it still says mismatch

Hi Vilai-Victoria,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,
I have been using same Bank Account for my transactions for past 1 year but somehow, it does not verify my account due to "name mismatch", while the name is just the same. 

Plz help resolve this issue.

Regards,
Ameer Hamza

Hi Ameer,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. I can see that you re-added the payment method you're referring to, so the system will go through the verification process again. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, they will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If more than 48 hours pass and you still see the name mismatch on your account, please feel free to follow up with us!

~Andrea
Upwork
deniztav
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I am having the same problem. Send a message yesterday but noone has helped me yet.

Thanks

Deniz

Hi Deniz,

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, 
I have verified my identity and added my payment method yet I keep getting the ''The beneficiary name is mismatched'' error message. My full name is ''Emre Mert Kökver''; while adding the bank details the system does not allow me to use the letter ''ö'' so I used ''o'' instead. İs that the problem? If that is the case there is nothing I can do about this. All my details are correct; I even added a second bank account to try again but that one did not work either. Please help. 
Thanks. 

Hi Emre, 

It looks like you recently added your bank information as a payment method on your Upwork account. Don't worry; the name mismatch is working as designed. During this time, your payment method information will be reviewed against your account information. If the team needs more information from you, they will reach out directly. Otherwise, this should be resolved within 72 hours. If it doesn't get resolved by 23-April, you can reach out to us here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
d74a27bb
Community Member

• Hello, I am having mismatch names and payment method. I changed my name already to make it the same but it still does not work. I already waited 2 days but it still says the name is mismatch. 

Hi Vilai-Victoria,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you're experiencing this. I can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Please, don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dacd02ae
Community Member

Hello, i also have same problem. My name is Anıl Koç but it's Anil Koc in upwork so my name is mismatched. Would you please help me regarding this ?

Hi Anil,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ikkonen
Community Member

Dear Andrea,

I can't find where I can ask for the support. I'd updated many days ago my surname in my profile and added my PayPal and bank account which have the same surname. My account is verified but my payments are still suspended. I urgently need Your help, please!

Best regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths