🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
18d977ae
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. How do I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Michael,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update 05/30: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

908 REPLIES 908

Hi Mufeed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case to share your concern. I would like to let you know that your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
m_acc_des
Community Member

Dear moderators,

I know this problem has its own topic, But I can't find it.

I tried to add a new bank account, and the same problem happened.

Kindly help.

Best regards.

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I moved your post to the appropriate thread. Could you please add your bank information again and allow more time for our team to review your profile?  

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I already did that couple of times. Still there is no solution. If someone identify the actual reason of this problem then I'm going to able proper steps to solve it.

c3163a2d
Community Member

My upwork name is Howard Chaim Katz, but my payment method name is  Chaim Katz. When I started here about 2 months ago, you corrected this for me. Today I saved my profile and the error message came back.

Could you help me with this again?

Chaim

Hi Chaim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kseabolt
Community Member

I have seen other posts for this same issue.   I have edited my account but it says the requested change is pending.   I am quite certain I have done this before.   THese are the same nanmes and accounts I always use and the Help at one time said common vbariations are no issue - like "Bob" for "Robert".  I had "Ken" rather than "Kenneth" and now that you have decided that is not valid I entered a request to edit my account name to match that on my payment methods so it is also "Kenneth" but that says it is "pending review."

What is required to get this change implemented properly this time?   

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
jussoria
Community Member

It's been at least 2 weeks since I'm trying to fix my mismatched name to withdraw my funds. I have posted here, I have tried contact with support and nothing. It is my only account, which I have used previously and now my money is stuck!! I need someone inside upwork to verify me again, if needed, and make my bank account available again. This is deeply upsetting and time consuming, since it is so hard to get actual help from someone. 

Hi Juliana, 

I understand your situation. Contact Upwork support. Open a ticket to resolve it. Includes all of your documents. Bank name, id, etc. Hope they'll respond. If already open a ticket, then wait for a reply. 

However, sometimes, they are delayed to reply. But why, I've no idea. 

Thanks

Arif 

Hi Arif, thank you for your reply. Is opening a ticket the same as "get help" and wait for a person to contact you on is there a more straightforward way?

I have done this last week, to no avail. Same today. But it's very frustrating. Thanks!

Hi Juliana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
de_la_sara
Community Member

Please help. I cannot get a real person to explain what I did wrong all of the sudden. My money is floating in space and I can't get any answers from the articles. 

Hi Sara,

I checked your account and I can see that you've communicated with the team handling your case. A support ticket has been created with your concern and I highly suggest you continue communicating through that ticket for updates and further assistance. We see your patience and utmost understanding while we address your concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
danilolazic
Community Member

Hi Goran, 

I'm alos facing the same problem. I have already received founds with the same account info and in the meantime I haven't changed my bank or anything.

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
4a2e6253
Community Member

Hello, 

I created an Upwork Account in my name but I'll be sending the funds that I generate to the company bank account that I work for.

I entered the company bank account details in the Get Paid section and since I'm not the company owner of the company I got the next message "Payment method verification in progress - Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

How can we fix this issue? Are there any other documents that we need to provide?

Thank you in advance!

Florin I wrote:

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

How can we fix this issue? Are there any other documents that we need to provide?

You fix the issue by adding a payment method where you are the beneficiary (a payment method that is in your name, not a company or someone else).

Hi Florin,

If you are using a company bank account, to complete the verification, you may need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
    • A business license showing your name and the company name
    • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

To know more details about this, kindly check this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork

I'm not the company owner, I'm the employee. But we want to pay Upwork fees and get paid for my jobs obtained through upwork in the company bank account.

It's clear that the bank account is not on my name since I don't own the company, so the bank statement and company licence will not show my name.

Can someone from Upwork contact me to sort this out?

Hi Florin,

Thank you for clarifying that. You can only add bank accounts that are under your name otherwise, it will not be approved and this may trigger an account limitation to be put on your account.

~ AJ
Upwork
2fd483db
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I try to add a payment method to the account but I am facing the below error:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary named on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I submitted my passport identity for account verification. My name on my passport and my Upwork account are the same. Also, my bank account tile is similar to my Upwork account but I don't know why I am facing this error multiple times.

Please help me with this concern.

Hi Abdur Rehman,

I'd like to confirm that this has now been fixed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
julian-w
Community Member

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched and my payment is deactivated, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Hi Pady,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
lucygeraldine
Community Member

At first I was using my parents' bank account to withdraw from upwork to ease the taxing matter since I don't have a tax account yet myself. Around several months ago I noticed I was unable to withdraw my money because "beneficiary mismatch". So i editted the bank account and changed it to mine, which has the same name as my upwork info/ profile. However, it still says "beneficiary mismatch" and I still can't get paid. 

Tried contacting upwork using email but got no useful solution. upwork help page with the chat bot is also useless and does not provide any solution. Can't chat with a live agent neither. Anyone experiencing the same thing? anyone got fixes?

Hi Lucyanna,

I checked your account and it looks like the team has reached out to you to provide more information on the steps you need to do to get this resolved as soon as possible. Please check your ticket by going here and kindly follow the instruction provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
946c2e5b
Community Member

I made withdrawal through ACH, and shortly after that, I get a name mismatch error. The name on my bank account and upwork profile is the same but I still get the message that my payment method is deactivated due to name mismatch. 

And the withdrawal i made has not been reflected on my account yet. How do I go about this?

Thanks. 

Hi Lawrence,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths