🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
18d977ae
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. How do I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Michael,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update 05/30: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

908 REPLIES 908

Hi,

My account has had the notification for way more than 48h and I've not received any email. It states that the name is mismatched when it actually is the exact same. Could you help me with this?

Thank you.

Hi Gloria,

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might've caused you. I can confirm that your beneficiary name is now approved, so you should no longer see the error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2fd483db
Community Member

The beneficiary's name is mismatched I tried multiple times to connect my bank account with exact information according to my documents but Upwork is not approving my bank account. Please guide me I'm stuck

Hi Abdur Rehman Syed,

We appreciate you reaching out to us and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I have reached out to the team handling your case and I can confirm that your beneficiary name has been approved. You're all set. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello,

I need help. I added my bank account but yet it isn't recognized and flagged as beneficiary name mismatched. I have ñ in my name, FYI.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Gayle

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ivhegayle,

I would be happy to help. Could you please try to add your bank account information again and allow more time for our team to review your account? 

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e252ca71
Community Member

same issue with the paypal account setup although the name on both accounts is the same

Hi Natnael,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
65016abb
Community Member

Hello,

The same thing happened to me even though I successfully received payment in October without issue. Neither my name nor my bank account has changed. No one contacted me about it and when I click "get support" it is not helpful in any way. If anything, it makes the entire website look like a scam. How can I be sure that someone is addressing this?

Hi Abigail,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and they confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been approved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a3d89c1b
Community Member

Hi. I have a name on my freelancer profile that is a variation of my name, not my official ID name. I am verified by my ID, and telephone number, but I can't get paid, since the name on my profile (variation name) does not match my bank account name (official ID name). The thread that was supposed to help (Support Center) only says that it should be automatically resolved (since variations are regularly reviewed and accepted), which is not (in my case), and if not, it says the Upwork team will reach out to me with further information on what can I do (which they haven't for like 2 months now). So, this is the only and last place (apart from a questionaire on robot chat, where I left my email), where I can reach out for help. I thought waiting will resolve it, yet it haven't. Can you, please, help me to get paid yet? Thank you.

Hi Mirko,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
a3d89c1b
Community Member

Thank you, I have been helped 🙂

dd172ca4
Community Member

I am having the same issue. My bank account is registered under my given name, and my identity on Upwork has been verified using my first name and given name together which differs from the one my bank is listed under. I would like to open a support ticket please as it says someone will reach out if there is an issue but it has been several weeks and no one has reached out. Thank you

Hi Grey,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
509d52c8
Community Member

Hello, sorry for my inconvenience.

I am the owner of my Upwork account.

I need to use my stepmother's bank account to hold my payments.

However, Upwork prompts me that my payment method is deactivated.

I know this is because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account, but is there any way to get around this?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Naseem,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so.

~Andrea
Upwork
509d52c8
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea G; I appreciate the info.

sheilakc1
Community Member

My bank account has my full name: first/middle/last, whereas on Upwork I use only first/last name.  Is that why Upwork is saying there is a name mismatch? Everything is spelled correctly.  

I received an email from Upwork on 1/6/22 saying that my payment method had been added, so I had no way of knowing that you had an issue with my name. 

If you need me to submit a copy of of my bank statement, where do I send it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheila,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sheilakc1
Community Member

Thanks.  You replied to me yesterday morning (Weds) but I suppose the approval came too late to get paid yesterday?

Should I expect the funds you are currently holding to be paid next Weds? 

Also, is it possible to get an email notification when I get a reply to a question on this forum?  

Hi Bojan, 

I have the same issue. My bank account name is Last/middle/First. When in upwork, I only specify my last name and first name. I have already verified my ID card. Can you please help my case? I have just updated my last name on upwork to be "last name middle name". 

Thank you.

Hi Bang,

Please allow 48 hours for your name mismatch to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 

My bank account is in USD and it could not receive Direct Deposit in VND. So I created two new payment methods: wire transfer and Direct Deposit to another VND bank account. Could you please help me reviews? I have added the wire transfer for more than 48 hours. The other Direct deposit is added recently. 

Thank you,
Bang.

Hi Bang,

Please keep in mind that it takes 72 hours for your new payments to be reviewed. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with more details. 
If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
7122da66
Community Member

Hi

my account name and certificate of earning name do not match.

Is it normal or guide what to do.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,
my name is not completely shown on the earning certificate. if I edit the house address what is the solution?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sm,

Could you please clarify your question? If you update your address in your Settings it should reflect in your certificate.

~Andrea
Upwork
5119e992
Community Member

I require editing my name and home address in the earning certificate.

Hi Sm,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

The issue has been solved. Thank you.

It has been solved. Thank you.

Hi my name is Muhammad Fahad Matloob and on certificate of earning it is only visible Muhammad Matloob i need proper and quick solution to this. Im fed up now and i want better response in this.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi all!

I hope everybody is doing great 🙂
I have an issue with my verification (again, the same bug). When I'm trying to upload my document (ID) it shows me a prefilled field with the wrong name. Even more - I know this person and he also made verification some time ago.

Could somebody help me sort it out, please?

Previously, about 2-3 weeks ago I had the same issue. I got help and my account was unblocked. BUT, I didn't have the opportunity to upload my ID and this block happened again once I got a new contract.

So the primary goal is not just to unblock the account, but to fix the bug with the wrong name, plus to upload my actual ID.

Thank you for your help!
Andrii

Hi Andrii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and all limitations should be now removed from your profile. I would like to clarify that this is not caused by a bug.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for your help! I'll be waiting for news 🙂
Have a great day!

Andrii

filippalex
Community Member

HI,

I'm getting this error:

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Can anyone help me ?

Hi Alex,

Your payment method is now updated and you can withdraw your funds at any time, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths