🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: UK Location Verification As a non British...
Page options
alilondon
Community Member

UK Location Verification - Unable to do

Hello, I have recently moved to the UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport.

When I tried to upload my BRP, the following text is displayed:

"It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued U.K. driving licence or British passport."

How could I overcome this and successfully get my ID verified?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi TAI,

It looks like you're trying to apply to UK-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

395 REPLIES 395
d6fb47cc
Community Member

the title says it all. I am a student in UK with pre-settled status as well and live here most of the time. however my passport is romanian and i dont yet have a drivers license, i do have a high street bank account though. If possible, I wish I would still get offers of work from UK given the fact that this is where I officially live and study. Any help in what to do, please?

Hi Penes,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d6fb47cc
Community Member

Massive thanks! 😁
mugebu
Community Member

Hello there,

Similar to previous posters, I want to get UK verification. I can show my BRP t as evidence. Would be grateful if you can help me. 

Thank you,

Muge

Hi Muge,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. If you need any further assistance feel free to follow up directly on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
jetpack2
Community Member

I have a similar issue. I can't seem to find how to raise a support ticket. Kindly assist. I need to verify my UK location through the BRP card.

Hi Arsalan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
08f008b7
Community Member

Hi Team - similarly to other posts, I am an EU national living in the UK and hence do not have any UK passport/driving license. I do hold a settled status and can provide alternative evidence such as bank statement/utility bills etc to verify by location. 

Thanks,

Hristo

Hi Hristo,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gizemkaragozcuk
Community Member

Hello, I have recently moved to UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport. So how can I verify my location? Thanks.

Hi Gizem,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fariaejaz
Community Member

Hello, I am a top-rated Upwork freelancer. I've just moved to the UK and currently hold a BRP card. How can I verify my location with a BRP card?

Hi Faria,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6fa84f71
Community Member

Hello, I have recently moved to UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport. When I submit my residence permit, it gives me an error. So how can I verify my location? Thanks.

The BRP should work. Maybe try again later? What other IDs do you have on you?

I tried but it is not working 😞 I don't have any other ID, I am an expat and I have just BRP.

Hi Basak,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Team - similarly to other posts, I am an EU national living in the UK and therefore I do not have any UK-issued documents (passport/driving license). I do hold a settled status though. Are there other ways to verify my location?

Regards,
Maciej

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
174bcb81
Community Member

Hi there,

I have just signed up to Upwork and I am based in the UK but to make proposals I have to verify my location with a government ID. My issue is that I only have a French passport and no diriving licence from the UK. Any chance I can verify my location with a Tax ID or utility bill?

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
823eb08d
Community Member

I tried to submit a proposal for a UK-only job, and I was prompted to verify my location. I live in the UK but don't have a British passport or a U.K driving license. Is there any other form of ID I can provide that proves that I reside in the UK? Thank you.

Hi Oskaras,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
doraradov
Community Member

All the jobs in the UK require me to verify I live here but the only proof of living in England is a passport/driver's license from the said country which I don't have - I hold a passport from another country. How am I expected to verify this and look for UK based projects? Thanks.

Hi Dora,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0f7a61ce
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I came here and hopefully find an answer...I found a great opportunity which the client ask someone located in UK...upwork is asking me to prove that I live here...but as for british passport or driving license...I don't have none of those, I have my BRP and bank statements...but Upwork doesn't allow me to prove with that...anyone had that issue before and how you solve it?

Thanks a lot for any help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alejandra Gabriela,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0f7a61ce
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Can you tell me please how to contact someone to can help me?

So far, no one contact me and I am loosing great deals because I can't prove my location...any help really I will appreciate it a lot!

Regards!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Alejandra Gabriela. 

I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a305ae56
Community Member

I'm a UK-based freelancer with EU citizenship. I don't hold a British passport so I'm unable to verify my identity for UK only based jobs. Is there any workaround for it? Thank you

Hi Kat,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
a433eb08
Community Member

I would like to verify my location in the UK in order to submit proposals but I don't hold a British passport or drivers licence. 

Is there a way to fix this? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandra,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7e9b1bb4
Community Member

Likewise, I too do not have a British passport/ driving licence and need help to fix this problem.

Hi Joseph,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ifilipis
Community Member

Me, too. I couldn't find a form to sumbit a bank statement or a utility bill. Please, contact me

Hello Philipp,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
f11efe21
Community Member

Hi there 

I am trying to verify my mobile number however I have not received a text message including the code to do so. 

could you please help 

thanks 

Hi Paige,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
barry_mills
Community Member

Hello I have just acquired my first job on this site but have been told to verify my ID, I do not have a photo ID, I do have a complete paper record, I have proof that I pay tax in this country, I have proof that I have a bank account here, I have my rental agreement and can provide payslips that prove I work here. With all that can I use it to verify my ID via google meet or something?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths