🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: UK Location Verification - Unable to do
Page options
alilondon
Community Member

UK Location Verification - Unable to do

Hello, I have recently moved to the UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport.

When I tried to upload my BRP, the following text is displayed:

"It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued U.K. driving licence or British passport."

How could I overcome this and successfully get my ID verified?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi TAI,

It looks like you're trying to apply to UK-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

395 REPLIES 395
__feds_
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. I've been living in the UK for 10 years but I only have my Italian passport. Could you please help me?

0c92f213
Community Member

Hi, 

I have the same problem, I cannot verify that I am living in the UK legally and only have an Irish passport. I cannot seem to find a place on upwork to upload other documents to verify this. Could I get assistance with this? 

Thanks, 

Stephen

Federico and Stephen, 

Our team members will reach out to you directly via email and assist with verifying your location with the ID documents you have. You'll receive email notifications about suppor requests being created shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork
02a30524
Community Member

I am not receiving the text from Upwork that is required to verify my mobile number. Please tell me (i) how to enter it so you systrem can recognise it (ii) If there's a bug in your system. Thanks Guys

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eaa1e1ab
Community Member

Hey,

So I've lived in the UK for a year now so I'm still not eligible to receive a passport nor have I completed my driving license as I'm u-18. Is there any way I can confirm my location?

Hi Ali,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with further assistance on your concern. You can always check here or your email for updates. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
92d8077e
Community Member

Hi, 

I live in the UK, I have indefinite leave to remain & bank statement to prove that I am based in the UK. I don't have a UK driving license or british passport. Can you please let me verify my account so I can bid on jobs in the UK only? 

Kind regards, 

Rozina Kashi

Hi Rozina,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you need further assistance in completing the process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b2db3e54
Community Member

Hello. I have the same issue - I've lived in the UK for 7 years and have settled status but dont have pasport or driving license. I want to apply for UK-based jobs. Can someone help pls?

Hi Dominika,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
syed_963
Community Member

Hi all,

trying to verify my location, didn't accept, says submit a request - which is a blank page. 

"unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support."

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

Hi Ali-Akbar,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
graphicdesigner_
Community Member

Hello,

I had created this account about 10 years ago in my maiden name as I was unmarried at the time. Now I have moved location and also am married. I changed my location the the UK a few months ago without problem but now it's asking me to verify my identity with a document from the UK, all of which are in my married name, so do not match the name on my account, what do I do?

Thanks

Chintan

I also tried to change my name to my married name but it's not allowing me!

Hi Chintan, 

I have asked for help from the Customer Support Team. They will contact you through an email support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cc697b39
Community Member

Hello, like some others on this thread - I live in the UK but do not have a british passport or driving license. I do have my BRP card, how can I get my location verified? thank you. 

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
99e709ff
Community Member

Hi,

I currently live in the UK and I have a Holland passport. I have to verify my identity and it says UK driving license or Passport only. Plus I don't have a driving license yet. Can I still verify my identity with my Holland passport in the UK region? Will be account be blocked when it doesn't match the UK where I am living now? 

Thank you very much

Ahmed 

Hi Ahmed,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. Feel free to communicate with the team if you need further assistance on how to complete the process. For the time being, you can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
99e709ff
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

thanks and where do I contact the team? All I can see is some chat bots but would like to speak to one of the teams.

thanks

Ahmed 

Hi Ahmed,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
9e9b3e20
Community Member

Hi, I am studying and working in UK too but I dont have neither of the provided documents. How could I prove it alternatively? Thank you. 

Hi Aleksas,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
juliagjerstad
Community Member

Hi, I was trying to submit a proposal for a job but it says it requires me to be a UK resident. It is asking for proof but there is only the option to upload a picture of a UK passport or a UK driving licence. I am a Swedish citizen but have EU settlement status in the UK. How can I go about this so I can apply for those jobs?

Hi Julia,

~Andrea
Upwork
b3981c22
Community Member

I have recently moved to the UK, and I hold a valid work permit but I do not have a British passport. Can I apply for "UK Only" jobs with this status? If yes, I'd like to get a support ticket for this where I can share my details for manual verification.
Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

~Andrea
Upwork
7a7a4d68
Community Member

Hi there,

I have the same issue. I have my BRP and right to work in the UK but I don't have British passport or Driving license. How can I verify my profile?

Hi Sampa,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
89c5b3cb
Community Member

Hi, I have moved to the UK recently and I have the permit to work here but I dont have British Passport or Driving license. So please open a support ticket for me to manually verify my identity.

Hi Saba,

I escalated your case to the team and one of the members will be in touch via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team here. For the time being, you can review this help article for more information on how to complete the verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f6721318
Community Member

Hi,

I live in the UK and have a right to live here (holding the pre-settled status and also my LTD company is based here) but it says I can only upload a driving license or a British passport if I try to apply for Freelance jobs in the UK. Can I apply for any other documents as proof that I live in the UK?

Best regards,

Petra 

Hi Petra,

I'll have one of the team members reach out to you with further assistance on how to complete your location verification. A support ticket will be created with your concern and you can coordinate with the team. You can access that ticket here once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aeba752c
Community Member

Hi Arjay - just like other freelancers here, I am a EU national living in the UK with full right to work here, but obviously do not have a UK passport or driving license as I am not a british citizen. I can produce documentation for my settled status and can share additional evidence such as bank statements/utility bills so that my location can be verified.
Could you please start a support ticket for this?

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Your got it! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ef217f1f
Community Member

Hello There,

May I please get help with UK location veification?

I live in UK, but don't have British passport nor Driving License.

Much appreciated,

Aleksei 

Hi Aleksei,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
maitiu
Community Member

Hi guys, I'd also need to verify my location within the UK to access UK-only jobs.

Thank you.

1ba199af
Community Member

Hello, I have recently moved to the UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport or driving licence, I tried to upload my BRP but it doesn't work

How could I overcome this and successfully get my ID verified?

Regads.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths