🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: UK Location Verification - Unable to do
Page options
alilondon
Community Member

UK Location Verification - Unable to do

Hello, I have recently moved to the UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport.

When I tried to upload my BRP, the following text is displayed:

"It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued U.K. driving licence or British passport."

How could I overcome this and successfully get my ID verified?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi TAI,

It looks like you're trying to apply to UK-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

395 REPLIES 395
em0rgan
Community Member

Hi,

I live in the UK and have a right to live here(through my Irish passport) but it says I can only upload a driving license or a british passport. I can supply a utility bill or bank statement to verify my location instead, or my Irish passport?

Best regards

Evan

Hello Evan, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi there, I would also like to verify my location in the UK, but I don't hold a British passport or drivers licence. Can I get assistance with this? Thanks.

Hi Lisa,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I would also like to verify my location in the UK, but I don't hold a British passport or drivers licence. The pin on my profile shows where I'm based already, but am not able to apply for jobs for 'UK only'. Can I please get assistance with this? Thank you! 

Hello Ioana,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi. I would like to verify my location in UK, I don't hold a British passport or resident permit. Can I get any assistance? Best regards 

Hi Eje,

We'd be happy to assist you. If you're trying to apply to U.K.-only jobs, you'll need to complete the location verification. To accomplish this, you will be asked to upload your government ID verification. You can find more information about it here

~ Joanne
Upwork

I just moved to the UK from Turkey. I'm trying to verify my location, however, the system asks for  British Passport or driving licence. I could be a resident without having a British Passport or it is possible for me to not driving.

I'm resident in the UK and I can upload other documents (BRP, bank statement).

Can you please help me?

Thank you. 

Hi Burhan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
f06136e3
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

Similar to previous post, I want to get UK verification. I can show my BRP/bank statement/work permit as evidence. Would be grateful if you can help me. 

Thank you,

Hamdi Hakan

Hi Hamdi,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already completed the verification process and that the U.K only jobs are already showing on your account. You may log in and check. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f06136e3
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I try to Submit Proposal this job:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It's ask to me :
Verify your location

Jobs with a location requirement:
Clients have the option to post their jobs to freelancers within their country only. To submit proposals for these jobs, you have to first verify your location.

Instantly verify your location:
Simply upload an image of your U.K. driving licence or British passport. You’ll only need to do this once, and verification happens in real time.

I don't have Driving licence or British Passport. I have  BRP/bank statement/work permit in UK. 

Hi Hamdi,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem as Evan, could you please help me verify my account? Thank you.

Hi Elisa,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Pradeep!

I would also need to verify my location in the UK. I've BRP and right to work here. I do not hold British Passport or DL.

Can you please help me too?

TIA

Hi Ankita,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, please can someone reach out to me to verify my UK location? 

Hi Jyotsana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
eseagle
Community Member

What if you live in a country with a residence permit and work visa, but don't have a drivers licence or passport?  When I try to verify my eligibilty to work in the UK, those are the only forms of ID it accepts.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eleanor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi Ali,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
sercine
Community Member

Hi, I live in the United Kingdom. I don’t have a passport or driving license. I have a BRP and want to verify my location, how can I make it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sercin,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

Similar to previous posters, I want to get UK verification. I can show my BRP/bank statement as evidence. Would be grateful if you can help me. 

Thank you,

Omer

Hi Omer,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have a similar issue, I have a Greek Passport but have been living in the UK for the last 5 years.

How can I verify my location without a British passport/driving licence. 

Thank you 

Alkistis

Hi Alkistis,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi I also do not have British ID/Driving License, and want to get UK verification. Thanks

Hi Manolis,

I shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
403b90a4
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I too have the same issue being in the UK but not having any of the requested documents

Best

Filipe

Hi Filipe,

~Andrea
Upwork
f3fce7c4
Community Member

I am having the same issue, being in the UK but not having any of the requested documents but i have my BRP with me

Hi Ademola,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. Please allow them time to review and you will be getting an update here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f3fce7c4
Community Member

okay, thank you

ddf81812
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Similar to previous post, I want to get UK verification. I moved to the UK months ago. I don't have any of the documents you're asking. I can show my bank statement/work permit as evidence. Would be grateful if you can help me. 

Thank you,

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

Following previous posts, I also would like to get UK verification. I've been living in the uk for3 years but don,t have UK driving license or passport. I can show my bank statement or other documents as proof though. Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Giovanni

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths