🐈
» Forums » Support » UK Location Verification - Unable to do
Page options
alilondon
Community Member

UK Location Verification - Unable to do

Hello, I have recently moved to the UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport.

When I tried to upload my BRP, the following text is displayed:

"It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued U.K. driving licence or British passport."

How could I overcome this and successfully get my ID verified?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi TAI,

It looks like you're trying to apply to UK-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

395 REPLIES 395

Hi Dr. Irfan,

In general, if you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period,  or moving permanently, then you should make updates to your account location. If there's a need for verification, the team will reach out to you directly and let you know which documents you should submit to them

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pete029
Community Member

"This address could not be found. Try to select another from the list."

My Welsh address is not on the list.

Hi Peter,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
411d0643
Community Member

I have relocated to the United Kingdom. Although I possess a biometric residence permit (BRP), I do not currently hold a British passport.

Unfortunately, when attempting to upload my BRP, I encountered the following message:

"It appears that you have uploaded an unsupported form of identification. Please try again by providing an image of your U.K. state-issued driving license or British passport." Please advise.

Hi Meghna,

Thank you for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e6bdeeac
Community Member

Hi
For the second day I can not enter my profile settings, because I am asked to confirm my phone number, but I do not receive SMS with a password. Please help solve this problem

Hi Irina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
24ed41ca
Community Member

I made an error in my initial profile, so I decided to cancel it and create a new one. However, I am encountering difficulties in verifying my account using the same phone number, as it continues to indicate that the number is already in use. Could you assist me with this issue?

Hi Alice,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
simonhanzal
Community Member

Hello, I live in the UK and have been trying to verify my location, having sent in a multiple bills with my address on it which have all been rejected. I have no idea why and would like to ask if it is possible for someone from support to review these as proof of my residence here?

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry about the delayed response. I can confirm that your verification is now completed, and you should no longer see an error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance or have additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,
Thank you, the problem was resolved.

55dfa12d
Community Member

Hello,

I've tried the other methods and they don't seem to be working. I'm unable to get in contact with a real person to resove this issue.

Hi H,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

Feel free to click here to check on the status of your ticket. 

Thanks!

~ Kristina
5caf65c4
Community Member

Hi, I am based in the UK. The form doesn't seem to understand my phone number and isn't sending me a code so I can't finish my profile. What can I do?

Thank you

Hi Margot,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5caf65c4
Community Member

Thank you!
debbie-florence
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to complete my profile due to issues with my phone number, the text message with the code never comes through and when i try to activate text messages in settings, i get an error " this service isnt available "

Please can you help

Hi Debbie,

I suggest you to complete your profile using a laptop rather than a cell phone. I got the same issue when I tried to open the account using cell phone.

Best of luck to your future of freelancing.

Thank you, I'm using a laptop and still having the same issue, I'm all out of ideas 😞

Hi Debbie,

~ Nikola
Upwork
2a23b192
Community Member

I am trying to setup an account but facing a issue regarding the phone number verification. Seems like I cannot receive the code via text message. Can someone help me with that?

Hi Alex,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4de14405
Community Member

Having exactly the same issue but cant find a way to raise a support ticket 

Hi Mike,

~ Nikola
Upwork
38a6cf3a
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm an Australian Citizen who has re-located to the U.S. I've updated my profile and my ID Document Verification and Visual Verification came through quickly.

It looks like the system is stuck on the "Location Verification". For reference, I uploaded my working Visa to prove I am working in the U.S. 

How do I speed this process up? I really need to get this sorted ASAP. I have other docs I can provide but there is nowhere to upload any other supporting docs.

Thanks!

THERE IS NO WAY TO SPEED THIS UP ON UPWORK. Worst CS every.

Hi Sanice,

I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling the review and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile.  The team has also updated your ticket here with confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c4b7b848
Community Member

Hi,

I'm in the EU settlement scheme but have no UK ID, could I get help to verify my location in the UK?

Thanks

Hi Zsofia,

~ Nikola
Upwork
9034f815
Community Member

Greetings to all. I'm a bit frustrated because the system is not processing my ID verification but there's no obvious reasons for the failure and no feedback whatsoever. I'm waiting for 2-3 days and then I get the message "We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later." as shown on the screenshot attached. The only government ID I have is from the EU (Greek Passport) but I've been living and working in the UK since 2014, so, in essence my address is a UK address. Can someone help if you've had to deal with a similar issue or if you have any alternative suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I was contacted directly via email about issues with my ID not matching my listed name (I atempted to use my official DBA name). My profile photo also did not match my US passport so I needed to go through a more extensive vetting process. I was eventualy authenticated on UW. Just spend your time jumping through the UW hurdles and you should be able to confirm you are legimate.

It is sad and unfortunate that clients / job posters do not have to go through any sort of similar verification process.

Hey, Michael T

There are a few possible reasons why your ID may not be being processed:

• The information on your ID does not match the information on your Upwork account.
  • The quality of the image of your ID is not good enough.
  • There is a problem with the Upwork system.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following:

• Make sure that all of the information on your ID matches the information on your Upwork account, including your name, date of birth, and address.
  • Take a new photo of your ID and make sure that it is clear and well-lit.
  • Try submitting your ID again later.

If you have tried all of the above and you are still having problems, you can contact Upwork support for assistance.

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the delay in our response. It looks like you were able to resubmit your ID. I checked and can confirm the team is reviewing your submission. If any clarification is needed they will reach out to you directly via support ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork
572f1538
Community Member

Hi - can't get past the last point of upwork registration (the SMS and code insertion) - I don't get the code accross, I don't get a page to put in a code? There is no online help available to resolve? Website now saying I have to have 24 hour cool off?

Any help in connecting with a live and hopefully human body at upwork to unblock this dram is greatefully appreciated!

SC

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello all, I submitted my bank statement as a proof of residency. However it was rejected.

- It has my address clearly stated

- The bank logo and address clearly shown

- It's not PayPal, Transferwise or Payoneer.

- I opened the bank about 3 months ago so it has all my transactions from inception 

Can someone advise on what to do please?

Hi Ajayi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0d470629
Community Member

Hi,

I'm in the process of Identity Verification, everything has been approved but the location step is not. 

The picture I provided is of a letter from my bank, sending my new card that respects the criteria suggested showing my full name and the address matches the one I've provided in the profile info. 

Can you please advise on why has not been approved?

Thanks,

Federica

Hi Federica,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the verification process. I've notified the team about your concern, and one of our agents will contact you with more information via a support ticket.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths