🐈
» Forums » Support » UNABLE TO UPLOAD PROFILE PHOTO
Page options
Community Member

UNABLE TO UPLOAD PROFILE PHOTO

This seems to be an un going issue from the previous post although it doesn't seem to eb fixed just yet.

I can't upload any of my photos at the lest step of setting up a profile which prevents me from using upwork at all.
All my photos are jpg, less than 5MB, more than 226x226, I tried clearing cache and cookies, tried different web browser but none of these work.

Could you please give support with this as soon as possible?

Thank you

Paul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Paul and Loay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading a photo that is at least 250 x 250 pixels?

When selecting a photo, please make sure:

• It is at least 250 x 250 pixels
  • It is no more than 4000 x 4000 pixels 
  • The extension is .jpeg, .png or .gif
  • The max size is 5 MB

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
f9b0d6a4
Community Member

Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image.

I used jpg 240x240 pixels and under 5MB

Hi Loay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still seeing error on your end? If the issue persists please let us know and share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
84681f19
Community Member

Hello,I'm facing the same issue while setting up my profile,I followed all the guidelines regarding uploading the pic,also tried multiple times on different browsers,Please help me out.Nothing is working out.please check the attached image

Hi Mishra,

Thank you for your message. I see that a profile picture is already added to your Upwork profile now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5beae9e5
Community Member

I tried different browsers and 10 different photos, none of them is accepted despite meeting the criteria.

Would you please upload a photo for me, so I can start using my account?

Hi Namiko,

I've requested the assistance of our team regarding your concern with uploading your profile photo. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Paul and Loay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading a photo that is at least 250 x 250 pixels?

When selecting a photo, please make sure:

• The max size is 5 MB

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for the prompt reply, to me with issue was coming from the size which was more than 4000x4000.
I had to re export the photo down sized and it worked.
I would strongly advise on adding the size limit as part of the listed requirements when the upload throws an error as was really clueless about it.

Thanks for your help,
Paul

8741946f
Community Member

Hi Nikola!

I am new to Upwork. I previously had an Upwork account in my name which has been suspended. Now I have a new Upwork account in my father's name created The question is: Will there be any problem if I give my profile picture? Will there be any problem verifying?

Hi Serajul,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

That said, could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your previous account? Thank you!
~Andrea
Upwork
4cdbb24a
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am facing a similar issue with the image upload. I am not able to upload any Profile Pic. It just keeps buffering and I am also not getting error message. 
I have kept the image size 60KB. Its 400px * 400px meeting all the given criteria. 

Due to this issue I am unable ti use Upwork at all. Requesting your urgent help.

Hi Subarna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to upload your profile photo. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
73b76a73
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

Im experiencing the same problm. I have followed all the steps but still there's no button to save the photo I uploaded. 

Hi Giolene,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can check and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6d5f5531
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I keep trying to upload my photo, but there is not button to save and when I click the X, it goes back and then after entering my location over and over, it tells me I need to upload a photo. Here are the screenshots.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Here are the answers to your questions:

• Browser/s used: Chrome
  • Browser version: 114 on Windows 11
  • Machine’s OS: Windows 11
  • Machine’s OS version: 22H2
  • Screengrab of the issue: Attached

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. Already reduce the size of my photo and upload it. But no save button. Please assist. 

Thanks!

Hi Siti,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while uploading a profile photo. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

• Browser/s used : Chrome
  • Browser version : Version 116.0.5845.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Machine’s OS : Windows 10 pro
  • Machine’s OS version : 22H2
  • Screengrab of the issue : Attached

Thanks! 

Here's another screengrab

Hi Siti,

Thanks for sharing this information. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6f175311
Community Member

• The max size is 5 MB

b2571fb3
Community Member

Hi

i am unable to upload my photo so cant upload my profile. 

Hi Phyllis,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here for further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bffea965
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have a similar issue where i am trying to upload a photo, and followed the requirements as below:

• The max size is 5 MB

but there is no option to 'save' and complete my profile. If i try to proceed it does not acknowledge the photo upload and asks me to reupload the photo. i have attempted different browsers but no success. I have attached the screenshot of the error after attempting to upload photo. Please can you assist. 

I am using Iphone 13pro and i also tried desktop safari, google chrome, incognito, clearing cookeis and cache on Window 10 Entriprise Version: 22H2

Hi Zoha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5cd3a001
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I'm having the same issue. Kindly advise how to proceed. I have followed the photo guidelines. Thanks!

866501a6
Community Member

Cannot upload photo .

Hi April,

Can you please share a bit more information on the issue you're having when you try uploading your profile photo? Please ensure that you're following the guidelines shared in this article

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2b179384
Community Member

I'm having a similar problem to other users. I believe I have a photo that fits the size requirements, is in JPEG, and I upload it. But then I can't move on to the last stage of verifying my account.

Below is a screen shot of after I upload the photo. I'm not sure how to continue.

Thanks for any help.

Zach

Hi Zach,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties setting up your profile. I can see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your concern. Please allow our team time to further review your case and you will be getting an update on this page once done. Feel free to coordinate to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2b179384
Community Member

Thanks, Arjay. Will keep an eye on this,

Zach

c43b5348
Community Member

Just again, used a different format, either png or jpg will work, otherwise check the requirements during photo upload

9da35782
Community Member

Hello all. I have tried soooo many times to change my profile photo and I am not able to. I see so many others having the exact same issue. I keep getting "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image." I have cleared my browser cahce and cookies. I've tried in Chrome and Safari both. I cannot stand the photo I have on there now. SOS, please help.

9da35782
Community Member

I got it! Image was too large!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths