🐈
» Forums » Support » unable to authorize my card
Page options
hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Unable to add/use payment method

Hi, Upwork can't accept my credit card for some reason, it keeps on declining it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Hassan

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can contact support by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,129 REPLIES 1,129

Hi Md,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your report the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Exactly the same thing that I've experienced today. I've tried multiple cards, but they're all getting declined by UpWork. I know that there's nothing wrong with them as all of them have 0 balance.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you were able to make a Connect purchase today using your card. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Please check mine--I have tried for different payment methods, and cannot make payment, Please help.

48609e90
Community Member

Hello, We are an enterprise that is trying to hire an employee through Upwork But we are facing some troubles with the payment methods and that is interrupting our begining. Could you please check why our payment methods always result failed ? We try it both, trough Paypal and credit card, and both results failed.

12acd797
Community Member

I posted another question, which got deleted from this discussion forum and redirected to this thread. I checked with the bank (Revolut), and there were no rejected charges. The "Get Support" button does not allow me to get in touch with support, and redirects to forum. Please advise what should I do. All contracts on our corporate account has been paused, and this is causing huge disruption on our work. If this issue is not going to be resolved today, I will initiate the move to another freelance platform, or switch to direct contracts with suppliers. 

Hi Andriy,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive. And the further you go down the conversation, you will be presented with an option to create a ticket. Once a ticket is created, it will be forwarded to our team and you will receive a response within 24-48 hours.

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our agents is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Again, please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to respond to your follow-ups.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Andriy, did you find a solution?

4576ac6b
Community Member

Why is that so you always blame bank for it.? Please look at your own flaws. Try to resolve. There are more than 100 members coming back with same issue and you're just blaming banks. They also saying that even after doing every possible ways from bank it still fails in your platform. There's an serious issue. You better fix that instead of blaming banks.

2b939b4a
Community Member

hello I also have a problem with payment (Recent recharge failed.) but on bank don't have any limitation. Can you help me?

Hi Kyps,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here

~ Arjay
Upwork
e5ddc562
Community Member

The same happened with me now, you guys keep things complicated, if the card has no funds for the first time why you are not allowing me to pay the next time, you don't want money?

3d7736bf
Community Member

I want to add my billing method with my credit card but got the error message  Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again.

I have already checked my card with my bank and they say everything's okay.Have tried other card and get same error , but both cards are working on other platforms. One is Visa card other is mastercard . 
Please let me know what's the problem , I can't buy connects and apply for jobs almost 2 weeks.

The cathbot cant help me.Please help or otherwisely deleting account from upwork will be my option 

a47bb79b
Community Member

They create tiket with no response, they say in 24 and 48 hours and 72 hours have passed.

374a2334
Community Member

Hi, Upwork can't accept my credit cards and it keeps on declining it. Even though I've tried many different banks. I have no issue with my bank side. I want to pay but it keps declining. I need urgent help

Hi Enes,

I'm sorry to hear that your payment wasn't going through. Generally, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. Kindly contact your card-issuing bank to inquire about the specific charge decline. If the issue persists afterward, we'll be happy to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
374a2334
Community Member

Hey! I have contacted with my bank and seems no problem on their side. On my credit card, it seems upwork holds provision but then withdraws it. my problem keeps going 😞

Hi Enes,

Thanks for coming back here to give us an update. We're sorry to hear that it is still not working on your end. I've escalated your concern to the team so that they can look into this. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
73f279c2
Community Member

oh yeah! i just used my card at the store and Upwork keeps saying my card number is invalid! Upwork is garbage! no customer service or service email! expects customers to solve their own problems with THEIR SITE! How do you guys survive with such....I was going to say garbage customer service but your customer service is NON EXISTENT! so I cant even call it that!

oh yeah! I put in 16 digits! it keeps automatically putting in spaces! it wouldn't let me take spaces out! UPWORK IS **Edited for Community Guidelines**!

there's nothing wrong with my card cus I just used it at the store and Upwork still won't let me add it! how does a site like this, with this much business survive without a customer service line or email

Hi Paul,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f739089c
Community Member

My payment is also not going through and stuck on "Pending." My other bank said Upwork refunded the payment. Can you please help resolve this issue? Will switch to another platform if this can't get resolved soon.

Hello Rong,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern and followed up with the team on the same ticket. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
42ddd4a0
Community Member

Hello . I done my job and didn't get paid. What should I do? They send me link for I logging in online banking pay 50$ for approval and than get pay . I reject 

Hi Mane,

I noticed you do not have a contract for the job you're referring to. Further, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. A client suggesting taking communication outside of Upwork before a contract begins is a typical red flag for possible scams. 

I checked the job you were referring to and can confirm that it has been taken down for violating the Terms of Service. I want to remind you that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e5dee948
Community Member

Payment settings are not showing up on my account, therefore, this is not due to the credit card being declined. When I reach out to support, you are advising me the same thing and that my credit card is being declined but I am receiving a 403 message. 

Hi Amy,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
612b8b93
Community Member

Hi, 

We are unable to process billing for a project milestone. We get the response: Milestone could not be activated. Please contact customer service 

Every time we try to do some payments we get issues like this, it is very inconvenient and straining the project timeline. Upwork help is not helping either. 

Hi Emerge,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had and for the delayed reply to your post here. I checked your account and see that one of our agents has reached out to you regarding your concern. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
engrtalhaatta
Community Member

I am having problem with my master card. Card is already attached and I have used it many time previously on upwork but now upwork is giving me an error that Card charge fail. I have contacted my bank and they said every thing is fine from their end. Kindly help me in this matyer

Hi Talha,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
dc2f7b4c
Community Member

Hi Andrea G, 

I'm having the same problem here, could you please help me ?

Thanks

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
35d7d203
Community Member

whenever I try to pay it says

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer

I tried to pay via Paypal but it says I have to verify even though my account is verified

Hi Lemore,

~Andrea
Upwork
669cab7d
Community Member

hi First i was facing an error about unauthorize card then i tried several times and now i am facing this issue "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a credit card." 

i need to hire my developer let me know what should i do to solve this problem

Hi Daniyal,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
669cab7d
Community Member

i am waiting please review it as soon as possible i have to pay my
developer to start the work
635b81b9
Community Member

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths