🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509

Hi Marko,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
218a89ea
Community Member

Good day! I have the same problem
Can you help me?

Hi Mariia,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4a833a07
Community Member

Hi, I had the same issue, can you please help me, thanks

Hi Oleksii,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check your Paypal account status? Once they have resolved any issues with your Paypal account, please try initiating your fund withdrawal again.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
roxany
Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same problem: Unable to apply funds. Can somebody help me with this, please?

Hello, Bojan, I have the same issue as Mirza M. I can't withdraw money from Upwork to my PayPal account.  The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Hi Nelia,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ae3fc654
Community Member

Hi there. I have the same problem with paypal: Unable to apply funds. Pls help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olga, 

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1ecdd9be
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem, i would appricate .

Hi Vukan,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your payment method. Feel free to check here or your email for updates. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have the same problem as mirza , it is saying unable to apply funds. Could you please help me.

Hi Mohammed Ama,

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork, as the transaction cannot be completed from our end. Once you've added an alternative payment method, please let us know if the issue continues.

To check which payment source failed on your PayPal account, follow these steps:

• Go to the "Payments" tab and click "Manage automatic payments."
  • Click on the billing agreement associated with "Upwork Escrow Inc."
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and check what funding source is your backup.
  • Update the backup source to a valid payment method and re-attempt the payment.
If the transaction fails again, the next step is to contact PayPal directly. Specifically, you'll want to talk to a PayPal Tier 2 agent and ask why your transaction to Upwork was declined.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bef723fe
Community Member

I can't able to solve the issue, I tried to add my bank account in upwork even , it is showing inactive even I kept tax document 

Hi Shaik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have the same problem.

Hi Yaroslav,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
026969e8
Community Member

Hello!
I cannot transfer money from Upwork balance to Pay Pal account. I have the same problem as everyone on this post.i've already tried so many times and I guess checked everything but it's still not working.
Can somebody help me please?

Hi Pavel,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
68f0143a
Community Member

I have the same issue

Hi Kavsar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
457cc1ef
Community Member

I cannot withdraw my funds through paypal for some reason, i recieve an email saying the reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Did anyone have the same issue? How does one fix it? Ando the method disables itself after a fail.

Hi Dmytro,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I am having the same problem. Were you able to solve this? 

Thank you

I had to message Paypal support. Apparently it doesn't do transitions in my country (Ukraine) so that was the problem. Not sure if that helps you.

Hi am having problem withdrawing funds from my bank account and paypal. The reason given by both is unable to apply funds. I have checked and cross-checked with the bank but found no reason from their end. Please help!

Hi Abhimanyu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I have the same payment issue. Email said: Unable to apply funds. Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

-Christy

Hi Christy,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please I am having same issue. Unable to apply funds when withdrawing with paypal . What should I do please?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tienduma,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
yoppie
Community Member

I have the same issue, Can someone help?

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
alexburma
Community Member

Did the support help you with the issue? I have the same problem, can not get paid using PayPal.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr, 

I have asked for the help of the Customer Support Team with your concern. They will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Not really, I finally changed my method of payment

I have the same problem. Can someone help me with that?

Hi Oksana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4d1980b7
Community Member

Hello Nikola. I have the same problem. Can someone help me with that too?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths