🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509

Hello. 
A few times i trying to withdraw my founds and always receive this letter: 

Hi Serhii,
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.
=======================
I added other payment method (Payoner) - it method still not showing trough widrawal form.
Also one day ago i was  create ticket (Request #34718227)  - but still not receive any answer any support for resolve my problem. Sad.

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've shared your report with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
akvadon
Community Member

Hello!
I cannot transfer money from Upwork balance to Pay Pal account. I have the same problem as Mirza M.
Can you help me?

Hi Alexandr,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
akvadon
Community Member

Thank you

ae3fc654
Community Member

Hi there! I have the ame problem with PayPal: Unable to apply funds.

Pls help!

0d9fa57a
Community Member

Hi everyone,

i have the same problem trying to withdraw my payment.

All the time after attempt, i'm getting the following message to email.

Could anyone help me, please?

Hi Hlib,
UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD
Here are additional details about the payment that could not be completed:

Hi there.
I'm trying to get my first payment, on PayPal, but the request failed. No additional info. 
Why? What should I do?

Reference ID 469380543

Hi Viacheslav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've shared your report with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Hlib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cc858109
Community Member

Hi nikola 

I can't withdraw my money through paypal my money returns to the upwork account saying failed to apply funds 

Hi Emad,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you have already been assisted by our support team, Feel free to update the support ticket should you have further concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
artemkudria
Community Member

What do I need to do to make transactions work and I can withdraw money? Help!

Hi Artem, 

I looked into this further, and it looks like Paypal rejected the transaction. I'm sorry, but I don't have additional information to share. It would be best to check this directly with Paypal's Customer Support Team so that they can share more details as to why the transaction was rejected.

~ Avery
Upwork
4ea6fa4e
Community Member

I am having the exact same issue, I'm unable to transfer to paypal:

Can you help me?

Hi Vasyl,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
5da0b471
Community Member

Hello, friends!! Unfortunatly, Im having the same problem. The payment method was added a month ago. PayPal have all permissions from Upwork (checked them in the settings). I have tried to withdraw manually with "Get Paid" button, and got the same result. Can Moderators help me?

Hi Andrey,
Scheduled payment of $ via PayPal account failed, and the money has been credited back to your Upwork account. Review your payment method information.
In order to ensure minimum disruption to your account, we have placed a pause on your scheduled payments. You can edit your payment method and re-enable your schedule. If you are still having trouble with your payments, contact Upwork Support.

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork
5da0b471
Community Member

Hi, Andrea, My probem seems to be solved. Thank you very much😊

dc748f7d
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

I currently have the same issue. I'm trying to transfer to Paypal but it keeps getting rejected. Can you please check this out for me?

Thanks

Hi Tosin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Having the same Problem, Unable to apply funds, to my paypal account...please help!

c7b98c06
Community Member

Hello Andrea,
I have the same problem. Please help

Hi Seif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
paulgy
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue "Unable to apply funds" from Upwork to PayPal. So there is no way to send money to PayPal if I'm from Ukraine?

Hi Pavlo,

I am sorry to hear about your Paypal withdrawal. Could you please contact Paypal support directly to check your account status? Let us know if the issue persists after contacting Paypal and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
688d5abf
Community Member

Hello Andrea I have the same problem "The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds".

Can you help me with it?

Hi Adin,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tawikmik
Community Member

Hi. I'm having the same problem as well.

Could you please assist me? Thank you.

Hi Fatimah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
595e5ad8
Community Member

Hello Andrea , 

I'm working since almost three month now and I could not receive any money on paypal , I'm facing the same issue , could you please help me ? 

Hi Youlmez,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact Paypal support to check your account status and try again after the issue with your Paypal has been resolved?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Luiggi R , 

I'm facing the same issue , vould you please help me ? I'm working since two month now , and I'm not able to transfer my money on paypal and i'm facing the same Error msg . 

Could you please help me ? 

Thank you very much 

Hi Youlmez,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. I have shared your report with the appropriate team for further review and assistance. One of the members will be reaching out via a support ticket that you can access through this page. For the time being, can you please try contacting Paypal to check on your account status? They may provide you with more details about the error or resolution on how to proceed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4019f1c4
Community Member

Hello Andrea,
I am having that same problem. I want to "Get paid" my funds to my paypal account and I am getting the response "unable to apply funds".
Please assist.

Same problem as Mirza M, can you help me, please?

Hi, everytime I try to withdrawn my funds to Paypal I get this message:
Hi Khaled,
I would really appreciate your help!

Hi Khaled,

I have shared your report with the appropriate team for further review and assistance. One of the members will be reaching out via a support ticket that you can access through this page. For the time being, can you please try contacting Paypal to check on your account status? They may provide you with more details about the error or resolution on how to proceed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4d06cc16
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem 

Can you help me please

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths