🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

512 REPLIES 512

Hi Andrii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with PayPal withdrawals. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
amela_mehanovic
Community Member

Hello,

I have problem with withdrawing money on my PayPal account. Everytime I try to do it I recieve this email:

Hi Amela,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD

I checked and my e-mail adress is the same on UpWork and Paypal, so I don't know what to do. Can you please help me?

Best regards,
Amela

Hi Amela,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the exact same issue, I'm unable to transfer to paypal:

Hi Dennis,

I have escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alysyi
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I have the same trouble with Paypal:

Please help

Regards,

Andrii Lysyi

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrii,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the same problem.
Payment request failed...The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Can you please help me?

Best regards,

Natalija

Hi Natalija,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, please help me too, I have same problem with withdrawing.

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your message. I see that y6ou have already added a new payment method already on your Upwork account and the same will be active from 03/11/2022. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I have the same issue. Can you help me, please?

Hi Vladyslava,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Meanwhile, you may contact Paypal directly to check the status of your Paypal account.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

i also have this problem, can u help me please?

Hello Artem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

The same thing is happening to me with all my payment methods and I haven’t been paid for the last 6 months of work because of it. The Upwork team did not address my questions that my payment info hasn’t changed. Any luck?

Hi Sara Kristina,

I just checked, and see that you have already updated your open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue. Can you help me resolve it? I received this email from upwork

Hi, We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed. The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds. As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Hi Ummul Khair,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6aaf6810
Community Member

Hi guys!

Having the same issue here. New freelancer to the site. Please help!

Hi Gondze,

I checked your account and I can see that you have already reached out to our team via ticket. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the exact same issue, I'm unable to transfer to PayPal

Hello Kareem,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same problem and i don't know how to fix it

Hi Shimaa,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
badaruu
Community Member

I have the same problem.
Payment request failed...The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Can you please help me?

Hi Abubakar,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am also getting same issue, can someone help me? it is too urgent.

iammy_s
Community Member

I am also getting same issue, can someone help me? it is too urgent.

Hi Amita,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I am having the exact same issue, I'm unable to transfer to paypal:

Hi Shreay,

Thank you for your message. I would advise that you contact Paypal Support and inquire about the status of your account, and ask them if your account is eligible to receive funds. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello

I am having the same problem with my account

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your message. If you have received an error: "The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds". It may be that your PayPal account has been inactive or blocked. To resolve this, kindly reach out to PayPal Support directly and ask for help in resolving the issue on your PayPal account or ask for more information.

If the PayPal issue has been resolved and they have confirmed that your PayPal account is active to receive a fund transfer, you may try again to withdraw your funds. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi 
I have the same problem here. Can anyone help me???

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately, it failed.

Hi Ahmed,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue, I'm unable to transfer to paypal:

Hi Nikita,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Good afternoon!
I have the same problem:

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments

Hi Oleg,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths