🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509

Hi May,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again once the issue has been resolved?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
16f9f62c
Community Member

Hi!

I have the same problem!

please if u can help me.

Hi Salem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e5a5b431
Community Member

hello andera

I currently have the same issue. I'm trying to transfer to Paypal but it keeps getting rejected. Can you please check this out for me?

thanks

Hi Shaurya,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi pradeep,

Again the same problme is coming up, i am not using paypal but the direct local bank method, all my inofrmation is correct and approved but still the payment cant be processed. Its been more than 2 weeks now since i have not got my payment. PLaese look into this.

Hi Shaurya,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please feel free to update your ticket so our team can affect you more efficiently. You can access your support tickets here

~ AJ
Upwork
1d121150
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I am also having the same issue.

Can you please help?

Regards,

Priya

I have the same problem. 

Hi Mahmuod,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
65cda575
Community Member

Hi I have same problem as well.

Payment request failed...The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me?

Best Regards 

Aditya

513c0015
Community Member

Hello Andrea,ok PayPal doesnt work in Ukraine ..what about Payoneer??

Hi Anton,

The availability of payment methods varies by country, and some banks may charge incoming fees additional to those listed above. Your available options will display when you add a payment method. Consider comparing costs and access options in your country before selecting a method.

To set up a payment method:

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Choose Add Method
  3. Choose the Set Up button for your chosen method and enter the information
  4. Choose a payment schedule and choose Next

~ AJ
Upwork
76708a36
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same exact problem, it is saying "Unable to apply funds" when I try to payout my exisiting balance. 

49d5451d
Community Member

Could you also help me with that. I have the same issue while trying to withdraw funds via PayPal 

Hi Muhammadsharif,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vladach
Community Member

Hi,

It seems that I have the same problem as I get the following message The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Please advise on this.

Hi Vlada,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, Paypal rejected the transaction and the funds were returned back to your Upwork account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
70db732d
Community Member

Hi

I am trying to send my funds to my Paypal account but it gets rejected for an unknown reason. Both Upwork and Paypal accounts are verified. Please help

Anyone?

Hi Vladyslav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
63fcf1a4
Community Member

Hello!

I have a problem with re-enabling payment method and schedule. I waited 48 hours for it to be reviewed and allowed 3 days for my withdrawal method to become active. But every time I try to get funds, I get a letter stating that i have to update payment method. I did it, but it still doesn't work.

Help me please!

-Maryna

Hi Maryna,

I checked and it looks like you're referring to your PayPal payment method. PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork
a6334db8
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem, my payment to PayPal account has been rejected. Can anyone help me?

Hi Oleksandra,

Thank you for your message. Please contact Paypal support to check your account status and try initiating the withdrawal after the issue is resolved on your Paypal account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3bea3138
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem, my payment to PayPal account has been rejected. Can anyone help me?

Hi Alladin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
27a3fe2a
Community Member

I always get that: charge failed. I'm trying to add PayPal account. I don't have a card in this account it's from PayPal balance directly. The account is verified on PayPal.

I have a support ticket that is open and I get no replies.

I need to pay for this urgently.

Hi Wafaa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will follow up with you via the support ticket that you have to assist you further. You can access your support ticket here.

~ AJ
Upwork
k_sanamyan
Community Member

Hi,

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fixitallnow
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue. Could you please help me?

Hi Vladimir,

~ Nikola
Upwork
86a47a5c
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello, can you tell me please the reason why this happened?

Hi Sergii,

~ Nikola
Upwork
3788e638
Community Member

This is not my first time placing a withdrawal on Upwork but it's the first time happening to me, I got a message in my email saying my payment has been rejected.

I really need help.

Thank you.

Hi Rami,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your payment. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
marta_khmilyar
Community Member

Hello, I just have the same problem. Can you help me to fix it?

Hi Marta,

~ Nikola
Upwork
tigranz
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths