🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mirza,

Be sure to double-check your payment method details carefully. Accurate entry of these details is your responsibility and essential for successful withdrawals. Consider setting up a second payment method as a backup, just in case your first one isn't available for some reason. You can add as many as you want and make changes as needed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, i know there is other methods, but why payment via paypal doesn't work?

Hi Mirza,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further address your payment concern. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!

Hello!
I cannot transfer money from Upwork balance to Pay Pal account. I have the same problem as Mirza M.
Can you help me?

Hi Evgen,

I am sorry to hear about this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you!

Hello I have the same problem. I want to withdraw funds to my paypal account and I am getting the same response "unable to apply funds". Side note, previously I have been able to withdraw funds. Could you help me ?

Hi Hristijan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tobiboon
Community Member

Hi there. I also have the same error. The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rija.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dramaane
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem as follow up, unable to apply funds.
I need assistance. Thanks

Hi Dramane,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kachusa
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem i can not withraw using paypal. Please help.

Thank you

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
23c81b89
Community Member

Hi, everytime I try to withdrawn my funds to Paypal I get this message and it repeats at least 10 teams whenever I try. I would really appreciate your help!
Hi Jasmina,
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Hi Jasmina,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
23c81b89
Community Member

Where is support ticket. It seems I can’t find it

Hi Jasmina,

Thank you for following up. Could you please try using this link to access your support ticket?

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem I can't withraw using paypal. Upwor is sending the message Unable to apply fund. 😕 

Hi Joao, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! Same problem with paypal. Please help. Thank you.

166681c7
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem i can not withraw using paypal. Why this happens? Please help.

Thank you

Hi Vusal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fa3e8558
Community Member

Hello!
I cannot transfer money from Upwork balance to Pay Pal account. All the information entered are correct and the payment method is active and verified too. Still it shows this error whenever I try to withdraw that The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds. 
Please help me?
It would be great.

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
k_tarun_
Community Member

Hey, I’ve entered my paypal details correctly but still face the same problem, can you please help me out too ? Thanks.

Hi Tarun,

~ Joanne
Upwork
dido97
Community Member

Me too can't get my money by PayPal

Hi Diaa,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello I have the similar problem.

I want to withdraw funds to my paypal account and I am getting the same response "unable to apply funds".

PS- this is my first time using PayPal to withdraw funds.

Could you help me ?

Hi Chris,

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Nikolas, 

I have the same issue 'unable to apply funds', I didn't find from where to create a support ticket, can you help me out with this or send me a link please.

Have a nice day!

Hi Benzara,

To request help, you can click the question mark icon (see screenshot) located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. *Note: you must be logged in to see this option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button and you'll see more support options.

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

HI AM ALSO GETTING THE SAME ERROR UNABLE TO APPLY FUNDS WHENEVER I TRY USING PAYPAL TO WITHDRAW FUNDS

Hi Aabid,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ht21992
Community Member

Hi 

I have tried to transfer to my PayPal account but the attempt failed and the amount is refunded. 

Would you please help me to solve this problem. 

Thanks 

Hossein

Hi Hossein,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You will be able to access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I cannot transfer money from Upwork balance to Pay Pal account.The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths