🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509

Hi Tigran,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
e6d6b1c9
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Hi Mohamed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
78c1deb0
Community Member

Hello how are you?
I had a contract with an organization and I finished work, but they told me it was a portal opening phone that sent me the payment. How do you see this?

3d11c84b
Community Member

I have funds withdrawing problem: Unable to apply funds. Sending via Paypal

Can you help me please?

Thank you!

Did you set up a payment method while creating the Upwork Profile?

If not you can go to profile settings to add a method. 

On the menu on the left side choose option 'Get Paid'

On this page, you will find a title- 'Payment Methods'

Click the 'Add Method' button to proceed. On the next page, you can add your paypal email id. After saving a payment method, you must wait for their approval (usually 48 hours). 

After that you can start withdrawing funds from the Reports page. 

Click on 'Available' option. You will see the 'Get Paid Now' button. click on it to withdraw the available funds in your account.  

Hello, Mrittika!
Yes, I've added PayPal to my account and successfully verified it. It still doesn't work, unfortunately, I have the same problem

Hi Olha,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
632774a7
Community Member

I am getting the same error.

Please help.

Hi Azizjon,

Thank you for your message. Please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try initiating the fund withdrawal once the issue is resolved by Paypal support.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4e5f74a5
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue "Unable to apply funds" from Upwork to PayPal. 

It is just return back to account. How can I withdraw my funds via PayPal?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mykola,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have the same problem. How to solve it ?

Hi Natalia,

I have escalated your concern and I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can check here or your email for updates.

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cba4297f
Community Member

Hello. I`m from Ukraine. I have paypal account but I cannot to use this on this service. Why is it?

Hi Pavlo,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that you have added your PayPal account as a payment method and it's currently active. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
cba4297f
Community Member

When I try to get paid I receive error

cba4297f_0-1656157807633.png

Appreciate the response Pavlo,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we process your request. You can check here or your email for updates or further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nakoria
Community Member

Hello, I have currently the same problem as Pavlo, even though last month I could get paid to PayPal without any problem.

Hi Nataliia

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check for updates on your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nadia_voloshenyk
Community Member

Hello I have the same problem. I want to withdraw funds to my paypal account and I am getting the same response "unable to apply funds".  

Hi Nadiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ddc773b4
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem, any help?

Hi Kalokwera,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be in touch with you directly via a support ticket. You can check here or your email for updates. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4a5f2e88
Community Member

Hello
I have the same problem:
"Unable to apply funds".
Can anybody help ?

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with fund withdrawal. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try initiating the fund withdrawal once the issue is resolved by Paypal support?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.
I asked PayPal suuport about this, this is what i received:

If I understnad it right, I can't use PayPal to withdraw funds.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Additionally, please know that in general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~ Nikola
Upwork
19a8bd8e
Community Member

Hello. I have had PayPal for a very long time. The name and surname were in Ukrainian. I changed the name and surname through the PayPel support to the same ones as for Upwork. But for some reason I can't withdraw my money. Help solve the problem.

Hi Mykhaylo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1c9d3654
Community Member

I have the same issue, could you please help

Hi Mohammad,

I have reached out to the team in charge of your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can check here or your email for updates and feel free to communicate if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
09a84f81
Community Member

When I want to withdraw funds via Paypal, I get a 'Congratulations' message, but after a minute the funds are returned back to the site, what could be the reason?

Hi Dmitri,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties withdrawing your funds. I can see that you've already reached out to the team with your concern and support tickets have been created. Please allow our team time to review your account and kindly expect an update here once it's been sorted out.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a302c2d9
Community Member

I can't withdraw money to pay pal. After withdrawing money back to wallet. And near PayPal write Re-inable. What i should do?

Hi Myhailo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact Paypal support directly to check your account status? Let us know if the issue persists after they've checked it on their end and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thay said that payment don't go to them

Hi Myhailo,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7b77d0f3
Community Member

I am also having issue with sending funds from UpWork to PayPal, can someone help:

"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments."

Hi Kaid,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try initiating the fund withdrawal once the issue is resolved by Paypal support?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths