🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509

Hi Romaissa,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
iliazbek
Community Member

same here. cant send my money to my paypal. same error email. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iliazbek,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey

Went through the solutions given to this problem. I have the same problem as Mirza M.
Can you help me?

013ee2d0
Community Member

Hi, Nikola S

I have the same problem. I'm Ukrainian

Hi Denys,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi I have exactly the same issue as Mizra, I have raised a support ticket already. Really need some help.

Thanks

Hi Kwizera,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a494d7d9
Community Member

Hey, I am unable to withdraw money to my paypal account. Can you help me?

Hi Aman,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
4bad5487
Community Member

I can not get paid through PayPal
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you

Daniel S wrote:
I can not get paid through PayPal
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you

I may be confused, but shouldn't you check your portfolio?

I have the same issue
faroukyd
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem as follow up, unable to apply funds.
can you help. Thanks

Hi Ahmed and Alaa,

I'm sorry to hear you're both having the same problem. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same issue too every time I get the same email

Hi Hussein,
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Hi Hussein,

I see that you already reached out to our support team so I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am facing the same problem, can someone help me out?

Hi Mohammed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having this same issue. It has happened twice and my card details are correct. The issue is 100% with your system. You decline the transfer, remove payment details, and then I have to re-add it and wait another THREE days to make another withdrawal request. You need to fix this issue as it seems to be an all-too-common one. 

"The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds."

I have tried withdrawing funds twice now and both times, I have gotten this message:

My card information is 100% correct, and I have tried TWO different cards. The issue here is your system. I make a withdrawal, your system declines it, removes my card, and then I have to re-add it and wait THREE days to make another request. Please advise on getting this issue fixed TODAY. I have seen far too many users experience this issue, which significantly lowers my confidence in this platform.

Hi Brittany,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into your concern and assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, I'm having the same problem for 3 days now and I still can't withdraw my funds.

Hi Abdullah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e4857c20
Community Member

I have the same problem as the OP. Please help!!

Hi Ahmed,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
samjamzee
Community Member

Hello .. i have same problem .. can you help me..?

Hi Sampath,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
f710dc44
Community Member

I have the same problem, please help

Hi Alina,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
lejla22
Community Member

I have the same problem.
Payment request failed...The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Can you please help me?

Hi Lejla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same problem

I am trying to withdraw funds to PayPal account, but get the transfer is rejected somewhy The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds. As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments. 

Please help

I have the same problem - Unable to apply funds. Could you please help ?

I am having the same problem - 

Hi Stanislav,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal to check the status of your account? Once the issue is resolved on your Paypal account, you can retry the transaction again.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
demenkoe
Community Member

Hello!
I cannot transfer money from Upwork balance to Pay Pal account
Can you help me?

Hi Yevhen,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble withdrawing your funds. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9e0492f0
Community Member

Me too can't get my money by PayPal

Hello Bojan, 
Unfotunately i have same issue that Mirza had. When i try to transfer money to paypal i got this email:

I checked couple of times and my paypal account and card on it is correct, i am transfering money every week, and now all of a sudden it cannot work.
Can you pleas help me? 
Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths