🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to send proposals/messages on the web ...
Page options
90200e64
Community Member

Unable to send proposals/messages on the web browser

For the past couple of days, I have not been able to submit new proposals or access my messages from the web browser. 

When I try to submit proposals, none of the drop-down boxes work for selection (rate increase, etc.) which prevents me from being able to submit. When I access my messages, they do not load. I have the desktop app installed - I am able to view messages there and respond (I hope people are receiving them). But on the web browser, I am not even able to see the photos/names of the people messaging, it says "loading".  

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. It can indeed be frustrating when technical glitches get in the way of your work on Upwork. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem:

1. **Clear Your Browser Cache:** Start by clearing your browser's cache and cookies. Sometimes, a buildup of these files can cause issues with website functionality. After clearing, restart your browser and try accessing Upwork again.

2. **Update Your Browser:** Ensure that you are using an up-to-date web browser. Outdated browsers can sometimes have compatibility issues with certain websites. Consider using popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.

3. **Check Browser Extensions:** Browser extensions or add-ons can sometimes interfere with website functionality. Disable any extensions you have installed one by one to see if any of them are causing the problem.

4. **Try a Different Browser:** If the issue persists, try accessing Upwork using a different web browser to see if the problem is specific to one browser or if it's a broader issue.

5. **Check Your Internet Connection:** Sometimes, a slow or unstable internet connection can affect how websites load and function. Ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.

6. **Contact Upwork Support:** If the problem continues after trying these steps, reach out to Upwork customer support. They can provide technical assistance and investigate if there are any platform-related issues causing this problem.

7. **Use the Desktop App:** Since you mentioned that you can access messages through the desktop app, you can continue to use it for messaging until the web browser issue is resolved.

8. **Keep Clients Informed:** It's a good practice to inform your clients about the issue you're facing if it might affect your communication or project deadlines. This way, they will be aware of the situation and can reach you through alternative means if necessary.

Remember that technical issues can happen to anyone, and it's important to address them promptly to avoid any disruptions to your freelancing activities.

Tural Babashov
759e32fa

Hi Jerica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths