🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to submit job application due not ...
Page options
8f6adf64
Community Member

Unable to submit job application due not receiving 5 digit SMS code.

Hi There, has anyone had previous issues when trying to apply for a contract and received the message "we have sent you a 5-digit verification", but no code is ever received?  I am now stuck in limbo and unable to apply for any work.

Any advice / hints are super helpful

Best regards

Rachel

7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties applying for a job. I can see that the team has responded to the support ticket you raised here asking for more details so that they can proceed with your case. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team through that ticket and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8f6adf64
Community Member

HI nope I see no other response from your team.

I am having major issues with my profile
I don’t receive a verficiation code
I don’t have the option to submit a proposal to apply for a role or use my contact quota
I am also categorised as a Military Veteran, which I am not, I have tried to update on multiple occasions and its doesn’t filter my change request

Please resolve asap

Kind regards

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for the follow-up. I can see that you've been communicating with the team via a support ticket about your concern here. We highly suggest you continue doing that through a single ticket if you still need further assistance so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

Regarding your concern about being categorized as a Military Veteran, It is there by design. That section is an option to give you the opportunity to add an icon to your Upwork profile that shows you are a military veteran. You can add the icon for serving in the military in any country. If you're not, you don't have to worry. You can leave it as is.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8f6adf64
Community Member

Also I have tried to view the link for the tickes I have raised and they are saying a solved. They are not solved!!! I didn't even get a notification about them. This is severely impeding my ability to get work as I am unable to apply for contracts. Can you please provide a solution asap.   I have no ability to submit a proposal and I am unable to recieve a 5 digit code to verify!!!!! Completely ridiculous

Hi Rachel, 

You can reopen the ticket by replying to the corresponding email sent to you. It will direct the ticket to the agent who is already assisting you.

~ AJ
Upwork
8f6adf64
Community Member

Regarding the military veteran. As I said I have tried to change the option to show that I am. As it is currenlty saying I am. But the change won't take effect. Neither of my friends who have just signed to upwork have this showing on their profile. Please can you resolve

Hi Rachel,

It is there by design. That section is an option to give you the opportunity to add an icon to your Upwork profile that shows you are a military veteran. You can add the icon for serving in the military in any country. If you're not, you don't have to worry. You can leave it as is.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths