🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to subscribe to the Updates/Announceme...
Page options
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Unable to subscribe to the Updates/Announcements page

Several weeks ago I went to the Announcements page and clicked 'subscribe' thinking it was a good way to ensure I don't miss anything important. I thought I would receive some kind of notification when new announcements were posted. I never have received anything, even though at least one announcement was posted since then.

Today I looked and decided perhaps I need to click 'subscribe to RSS feed' but when I do that, it takes me to the screen shown below:

gilbertphyllis_0-1653674938467.png

I am able to use my browser back arrow to return to the previous page.

Can someone please explain to me how to subscribe to Announcements so I don't have to visit the Community Forum every day to avoid missing something important?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Phyllis,

You can subscribe from topics by clicking on your name in the upper right-hand corner, go to Subscriptions> Notification settings, then you'll have the option to manage your Community notifications. Please don't forget to hit on "Save" to make sure changes will be applied to your account. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

You did not answer her question. She asked how to subscribe. Not how to unsubscribe. She has tried hitting subscribe, and no notificatons have come. I have the exact same problem. I subscribed to the Announcements forum but have received no notifications. 

Please re-read the question a few times before responding with irrelevant information, thank you. 

Arjay, I know how to subscribe to topics. When I look at my subscription settings and my notification settings, they are in order for me to be receiving email notification of new topics posted in Announcements. Yet, I've never received any such notification since subscribing some weeks ago. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Phyllis, I investigated this further, and for anyone else having this issue, you may have to check your forum notification settings because if you've ever unsubscribed, then even though you are subscribed to that board, it won't send you emails and you have to resubscribe to get it to send you emails. Go to your profile pic, click Subscriptions, then you will see an orange banner saying you are unsubscribed. Hit Subscribe and then check your notification settings. 

I'm not certain this will work, but hopefully it solves the issue. 

Thanks, Amanda. I was excited that you had solved it until I went to my settings and discovered I don't have the orange banner. I have never unsubscribed. All of my settings are properly configured to be receiving email notification of new topics in Announcements. But it doesn't happen.

I will just have to try and remember to check in periodically to be sure I don't miss anything important.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths