🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to verify the tax ID number
Page options
77d42986
Community Member

Unable to verify the tax ID number

Hi Upwork Experts, 

I'm unable to verify my GST/HST tax. I submit my tax number, that I know 100% is correct - I've been using it for many years, but on the next day I receive a message that the system was unable to verify it. 

They specify the common reasons as 

• Country mismatch
  • Name mismatch
  • Expired tax ID number(s)

I'm also 100% sure that I provided correct info on my personal name and the country I live in. 
As for the expired tax number - it is not, and I know that because I'm working on submitting my tax return for 2022. 

There must be some issue on Upwork end, or maybe I'm missing something. 

Please help

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
77d42986
Community Member

Thank you Arjay

I received an email from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. about the ticket, but I can't access it from upwork website. The link you sent shows "no requests found"

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.57.38 AM.png

Also the email that i received states "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" as my request, but this link is not working for me. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 12.00.44 PM.png

I replied in the email to support at upwork.com. Will **Edited for Community Guidelines** receive it?

Thank you

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for following up. Yes, you can use email to communicate with our team. Please feel free to respond to the email you received and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths