🐈
» Forums » Support » Undefined Profile Link
Page options
e395c954
Community Member

Undefined Profile Link

Hello,

My profile in private because I haven't earned in a while, it's okay.

But after submitting a proposal my General profile link is undefined.

Please help me !

Thanks

Izaz

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

The issue with the broken link for General profile has now been fixed and we'll be closing this thread for further responses.

We appreciate your reports and patience while this was being worked on. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96
NikolaS

Hi  Md - Izaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e395c954
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply,

screenshot0012.png

When I click red box "General Profile ", it's redirect this page https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined instead of my profile page

Thanks

Hi Md - Izaz,

Thank you for following up and sharing additional information. I shared your report with our team and they will look into this further and will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
88ef9dcb
Community Member

Hi Team, 

Today i have sent one proposal with my "General Profile". However, if you hover on the link the link URL itself is "https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined"

Please help.

Best Regards, 

Rajul

Hi Rajul,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,
I am also facing the same issue. Does it mean our clients are also not able to access our profile while going through our proposals? Please help us in resolving this issue!

Many Thanks!

adil_amjad_0-1645767201189.png

084d6487
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm new to upwork and I'm experiencing this issue as well. When will it be resolved? 

Please help! Thanks.

Obehioye. 

mehrf
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I seem to have the same issue. Whenever I click on the profile I've selected to submit an offer with, the link opens up to a page that says: Freelancer not found. 

I have been submitting proposals on and off, continuously and I am hoping that the client's on the other end are not facing the same issue with my profile.

Could you please tell me what I can do to rectify this situation?

Thanks.

Regards,
Mehr.

Hi Mehr,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Team,

I saw a strange bug today. Link to my profile from the submitted proposals is "https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined". The same situation with all my profiles.

Help me please.

Best Regards, 

Ilya

Hi Ilya, 

I just shared the details with our team to investigate it further. If any additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you for reporting this. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem.

I am also facing the same issue. Does it mean our clients are also not able to access our profile while going through our proposal?

adil_amjad_0-1645767201189.png

Hello,

Undefine problem happen when "your profile is private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning," After start earning it will be automatically fix.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Please know that this is a known issue, and our engineers are investigating this further. Once we have more information to share, we'll make sure to update this thread. 

We appreciate your understanding. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cf061dbc
Community Member

Avery,

What is the current status on this? Also, please publicly clarify that this is an issue for the freelancer side only and not on the clients` side. It is hard to believe that only freelancers are having this issue. We are wasting our connects. I havent heard a single word from a customer. Please advise.

Hi Serhan,

Thank you for your message. I checked and the engineers are still investigating the reported issue. I would like to clarify that the issue is seen only on the freelancer side and the client can still view the freelancer profiles on their proposals and communicate with them.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Even I am facing the same issue and my profile cannot be viewed from the proposal. I have lost many connects without knowing the problem. Please do support to get this issue resolved and also help to retrieve the connects.

Thank You

robiullah
Community Member

When this issue will be solved!!!??
I already lost over 50 Connects. Will Upwork give back to me those Connects?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robi,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'll be sure to update this thread with any new information from our team.

Thanks for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
masad92
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

Today i have sent one proposal with my "General Profile". However, if you hover on the link the link URL itself is "https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined"

Please help.

Best Regards, 

Asad

stacy43
Community Member

It is March 11, 2022 and this is still not resolved. I'm experiencing the same issue. Thanks.

a2df5126
Community Member

Hi goodmorning. can you also help me with my profile.

I'm using my general profile for applying jobs and then i try to click one of my job proposals and then when i clicked General profile it says "Freelancer profile not found" please help me.freelancer profile not found when clicking general profile.pngproposal using general profile.png

a54b08cc
Community Member

same issue with me. this is my profile url 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/syedsohailahmed

a54b08cc_0-1647424252750.png

I am also having the same issue, will wait for the answer. But hoping the proposals I sent the client can access my profile. 

Hi

I checked my proposals recently and I found out when I click on my Profile link in

"Your proposed term", redirect me to the page with "freelancer profile not found".

I checked my profile visibility and it sets to the public.

What is wrong?

Is it the thing that customers see when they want to check my profile on my proposals?

Hi Sahba,

Please know that this is a known issue and our engineering team is currently working on a fix. I've merged your post to the related thread so you can see an update as soon as we have more information to share.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d67ffcf0
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am a new freelancer, today I submitted a proposal for a job but on the proposal detail page when I click on my profile(Mobile Design) the link is "https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined" it doesn't redirect to my profile on Upwork ( correct should be like this https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01af1f595236112xxxx)

Could you help me correct the link when I click on "Mobile design" profile, thank you

question.png

Hi Thuy,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I am also having the same issue of "Freelancer profile not found" in all of my recently submitted proposals.  Please help me.

cf061dbc
Community Member

Hello All, 

Not sure if anyone else have got the same issue but you may as well check and let me know. When I go to My Proposals and select the work and go to Proposed terms to view the profile, I get the Profile not found error. I am wondering if this is what a client see once they want to view my profile. When they cannot see the profile, obviously they wouldnt want to invite me for an interview. Could you please check this? Freelancers can check this on their account and also a test from a client accont would also be helpful. Please see attached.

Regards, 

Serhan Kale

I am Sharing my "general profile" when submitting proposal for jobs & after submission, when i click the link to "general profile" (see attached image no. 1), instead of showing my profile  Upwork is saying "Freelancer profile not found.".... (see attached image no, 2). This has a Severe  consequence on Me because I am loosing  my potentials Jobs because of this....

Can anyone help? 

1.png

2.png

  

Hi Maruf,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Serhan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Great.. thank you for the quick response!

Hi, I've been experiencing the same issue for almost a week now, and I'm not sending any proposals because I obviously have little chance of being interviewed if Clients cannot see my profile. How long do you think it will take you to solve this problem? Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance!

Hello Chiara. I have been advised that this is an issue currently being experienced only on the freelancers` side. Clients are able to see your profile when you apply for a job post. This is a message to me from the customer services team. I also double confirmed it. However, I have not been receiving any response to my proposals for a long time now and I cannot hold myself back from thinking whether this is the reason or not.

Thanks for the information Serhan! I'm glad it's only on the freelancer's side! Anyway, I hope it will be fixed soon in order to be 100% sure not to "waste" any connects...just in case...:)

I have been thinking the same. I realized this only yesterday. I kept applying. I hope I havent wasted my Connects! I truest Upwork on this matter. I would also like to think that they would compensate the wasted Connects if this is also an issue on the Clients side. I will let you knwo if I hear anything
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths