🐈
» Forums » Support » Payoneer payment reversal
Page options
Chatra B Community Member

Uninitiated fund transaction.

All of my funds have been transfer to one of my bank accounts without my authorization. Please how can i stop the transaction.

At this moment I do not have access to this bank account since I’m living far away from the banks location.

I had put the minimum balance of $1,000.00 as the Quarterly Schedule transaction, but my upwork account only had 724.40. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All,

Your earnings are automatically sent to your primary payment method based on the payment schedule you choose. The default Automatic Payment Schedule happens Quaterly, when your available funds are over $1000. This is something that can be updated by you anytime in Settings > Get Paid. If you have a different Automatic Payment Schedule currently, this means you’ve updated it in the past. 

That said, please know that Upwork does not operate as a bank, and so we cannot hold your earnings indefinitely. Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically to your primary payment method, even if they are below your Automatic Schedule balance limit.

It’s important to always be aware of your current Automatic Payment Schedule and primary payment method. This is because, once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled. An automatic withdrawal will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues, such as an invalid bank account, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account. If your funds are not received after 8 business days, please let us know and we can assist you with initiating a trace.

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

113 REPLIES 113
Pradeep H Moderator

I understand your concern, Erdogan. The Transaction History page shows your previous balance of $79.07 before the latest funds were added to your Upwork account.

- Pradeep

Erdogan K Community Member

No, you don't understand! You could have sent the $79 then, or at least you could have notified. I was keeping that amount for upwork fees. Now, money is in an account I cannot withdraw from, and PayPal tells me to talk to you. Just get the money back, and I'll withdraw it to my bank account immediately.

Pradeep H Moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused to you, Erdogan. There is no option to separate your recent earnings from the older earnings on your Upwork. That said, even a $1 earnings held in your account for more than 180 days will initiate a complete withdrawal of your Upwork balance. 

Since the funds are already credited to your Upwork account, we will be unable to reverse the transaction. I suggest you contact Paypal support to request a reversal. 

- Pradeep

This is unacceptable! To whom or to where I need to contact to solve this? PayPal says they cannot solve this; instead, they told me to ask you to cancel the payment, which you cannot do. So, who's gonna solve it?

I'm starting a company, so I was waiting to receive that money for those operations to be completed. Now,i I lost money over some trivial issue.

Luiggi R Moderator

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, Erdogan. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi

Pradeep, 

Thank you for your suggestion. I've finally managed to refund the transaction on the PayPal side. How and when will the money be back to my account? Do I have to notify someone?

Transaction ID for refund is 4EW07887S6263761R

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Erdogan,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Edited to correct typing error. 

~ Nikola
Raheel M Community Member

The same case happened to me I earned only $5 in March and they transferred all my money. 

My point is that they should inform us before one or two days to transfer the money ourselves.

Or they should seek our authorization to transfer money at once a day before making an automatic transfer.

When contacting them afterwards they are giving reference to a clause of their terms & and conditions which they have fabricated to snatch the money of the people. I mean who would have remembered that term after 180 days? They instantly sent the email about the transaction being made already but they can't send an email before one day to warn us.

Saadia B Community Member

I finished my first job here and made around $10. I do not want to withdraw it because then it will be deducted in the bank charges etc and barely anything will be left. is it fine if I withdraw some time later ( after a 1-2 months) after I have made a significant amount?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Saadia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, it is okay to keep your earnings on your Upwork balance. However, please keep in mind that freelancers have a set Automatic Payment Schedule where your earnings are automatically sent to your primary payment method based on the payment schedule you choose.

The default Automatic Payment Schedule happens quarterly, when your available funds are over $1000. This is something that can be updated by you anytime in Settings > Get Paid. If you have a different Automatic Payment Schedule currently, this means you’ve updated it in the past. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Guinevere F Community Member

hello 

I see there is a change in wording in payments?

i am upwork plus rating, therefore payment comes earlier.

Previously end of September I authorised my payment on 25th. I received an email today with wording - we have processed your payment request 25th ...

The initial email today I see the wording - as per your payment Scheduled we have initiated payment,  

I did not set up a schedule with Upwork. 

this is different, i normally authorize and I did not need to this month.

is this a different payment process?  You no longer need to go into email to authorize or they now automatically make a scheduled payment which is same date as previous month? 
i am concerned and cannot communicate with anyone at Upwork or at my bank. 

Thank you

Hi Guinevere,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the funds were automatically withdrawn due to your set Automatic Payment Schedule. Your current disbursement schedule is set to monthly with a threshold of $100. 

You can adjust your automatic withdrawal limit in your Get Paid settings under Edit Schedule. If your available balance never exceeds this limit, you can use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. It’s totally up to you.

Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not.

~ AJ
Upwork
Miloš A Community Member

Hi,

So yesterday I have received a payment of 497.10$ but I don't remember that I have ever asked for a withdraw request. Also my scheduled withdrawal is only set to send me when my balance is 1000 or higher. Why did I receive a payment?

Best regards,

Miloš

Ramesh Kumar K Community Member

Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not.

Any chance of your amount fits in this scenario?

Miloš A Community Member

That could be the case, but not all of my 497.10$ are older than 180 days. Last payment I received was less than one month ago and it is withdrawn as well

Jay P Community Member

I've been in Upwork for 12+ years and have never set a payment schedule. I usually withdraw after a month or a little more to save on the fixed transfer fees.

I'm surprised to learn that Upwork initiated payment to my local bank account today. Not only does this method offer the lowest exchange rates, but worse, Upwork sent it to my old bank account, which has already been closed for years. How am I supposed to get those funds?

I'm posting this here because I tried to reach a live rep for over an hour, and it's always a chatbot who replies to me with non-related responses.

Upwork, please return those funds to my available balance. I did not authorize the most recent withdrawal.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the funds were automatically withdrawn due to your set Automatic Payment Schedule.

You can adjust your automatic withdrawal limit in your Get Paid settings under Edit Schedule. If your available balance never exceeds this limit, you can use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. It’s totally up to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Mohamed A Community Member

Hi, 

Upwork sent me an email which said the payment was initiated on schedule, but it was under the limit that I set which is 100 usd and I had only 83 usd,, 

So I didn't have the chance to check with my wise account that I found out that they changed my account number, so the payment was sent to my old account number.

So my question is, can the transfer be cancelled ? If not , will wise send the money back to upwork ?

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for reaching out. While it's true that you have set a threshold for your Automatic Payment Schedule, please know that balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not.

Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Mohamed A Community Member

can the transfer be cancelled ? If not , will wise send the money back to upwork ?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

Once a transaction has been initiated, it can no longer be intercepted or canceled. If there's a problem with the payment method on file, that's when the amount will be returned to your Upwork account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Shashi P Community Member

Hi Moderators

Pls help me. I didn't requested withdrawl of my available money. Now my available money is 0. Where did the money go? Is it something I am missing to trace my money? It happened today at 10.15 am IST. How come withdrawl initiated itself when my laptop was shut down.

Thanx

Hi Shashi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Shashi P Community Member

Hi Annie

Thanx a lot for your attention to my issue. I have received the amount in my PayPal account. 

Abdullahi Surajude O Community Member

My upwork payment was automatically  done into my payoneer, and I would love it to be reverse back into my account

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths