🐈
» Forums » Support » Uninitiated fund transaction.
Page options
6f1044dd
Community Member

Uninitiated fund transaction.

All of my funds have been transfer to one of my bank accounts without my authorization. Please how can i stop the transaction.

At this moment I do not have access to this bank account since I’m living far away from the banks location.

I had put the minimum balance of $1,000.00 as the Quarterly Schedule transaction, but my upwork account only had 724.40. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

Your earnings are automatically sent to your primary payment method based on the payment schedule you choose. The default Automatic Payment Schedule happens Quaterly, when your available funds are over $1000. This is something that can be updated by you anytime in Settings > Get Paid. If you have a different Automatic Payment Schedule currently, this means you’ve updated it in the past. 

That said, please know that Upwork does not operate as a bank, and so we cannot hold your earnings indefinitely. Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically to your primary payment method, even if they are below your Automatic Schedule balance limit.

It’s important to always be aware of your current Automatic Payment Schedule and primary payment method. This is because, once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled. An automatic withdrawal will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues, such as an invalid bank account, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account. If your funds are not received after 8 business days, please let us know and we can assist you with initiating a trace.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

110 REPLIES 110
brkzkn
Community Member

Hello all,

If I correctly search the forum, cancelling the scheduled payment is not possible. Is there any alternative solution? or do you know what is the reason/motivation for this useless feature?

Thanks,

Hi Burak,

As of the moment, canceling the automatic payment is not an option. You can adjust your automatic withdrawal limit in your Get Paid settings under Edit Schedule. I suggest that you set it to quarterly withdrawal as this is the longest option and you may also adjust the amount threshold. If your available balance never exceeds this limit, you can use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. It’s totally up to you.

But please note that balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not.

Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
brkzkn
Community Member

Thanks for the reply Annie. Those are already known. I hope, Upwork disables that feature ASAP. It is totally useless and has no benefit.

PradeepH

Hi Chatra,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Upwork cannot hold your funds for more than 180 days. I checked and I see that fund was withdrawn as your balance included funds outside of 180 days. You can refer to your Transaction History page for more information. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the reply, sadly I did not knew about and also still couldn’t find anything about the 180 days limit, I thought it was controlled by the “Edit payment schedule” window.

Can you fiend if there’s any way to cancel the transaction ore escalate this issue, since it is still few hours passed from start of this transaction.

If this transaction follows throw I won’t be able to get it for about a year or so, please help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chatra.

Hey,

I had a payment schedule initiated that's going to cause a problem for me because I have problems with my bank, I thought it's need to be confirmed by me first but I wakeup up today to find it's already processed!
I want to cancel this transaction ASAP or I'm going to face a lot of problems in my country, how to do it?
Ref. ID: 489590434

Hi. Please my account has a problem. I was automatically paid today, but the issue is my money was transferred  in NGN (I accidentally selected the direct to local bank option), however, the account it is being transferred to is a USD account. Will this affect payment? I want to receive my money in USD, not local currency 

same thing happened to me today. All of my funds have been transfer to one of my bank accounts without my authorization.

Earlier today, a payment was initiated for me by Upwork as per my scheduled payment. The problem, however, is that the receiving bank account is having issues and cannot receive payments.

Please I will appreciate if the payment can be reversed to my Upwork balance immediately. 

Thank you.

Hello. I have a similar issue. My money was automatically withdrawn and initiated by upwork. I did no authorize it to be withdrawn!!! Now, I did not receive it at my linked bank account as I have issues with my payment method. Will I still get my money back to my account? 

NikolaS

Hi All,

Your earnings are automatically sent to your primary payment method based on the payment schedule you choose. The default Automatic Payment Schedule happens Quaterly, when your available funds are over $1000. This is something that can be updated by you anytime in Settings > Get Paid. If you have a different Automatic Payment Schedule currently, this means you’ve updated it in the past. 

That said, please know that Upwork does not operate as a bank, and so we cannot hold your earnings indefinitely. Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically to your primary payment method, even if they are below your Automatic Schedule balance limit.

It’s important to always be aware of your current Automatic Payment Schedule and primary payment method. This is because, once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled. An automatic withdrawal will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues, such as an invalid bank account, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account. If your funds are not received after 8 business days, please let us know and we can assist you with initiating a trace.

~ Nikola
Upwork
marwakaiem
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

My payments wire transfer was scheduled on the last Wednesday of each month. Yet, since I had an amount pending, I've scheduled my payment to be quarterly (as I still have 5 days to have some pending payments released). The quarterly method said clearly "next on Sep 26". So I chose it. Yet, I'm currently astonished to find out that my current balance is only 5$,and that the wire transfer has been processed today!!! (as of June 27)
and also 30$ have been commissioned as the wire transfer fee, the exact wire transfer I didn't ask for, and that literally said "Sep 26".

I contacted Upwork support 2 and a half hours ago, but they didn't contact me back. 

Have anyone been through this before? Do you know what will happen, or if there's anything I can do to delay that payment processing? Especially when they're unresponsive. 
Thank you in advance.

Hi Marwa,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Please allow our team time to review your account along with your concern. Rest assured the team will address your concern and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your reply. In brief, there's nothing to be done. I changed my payment schedule on June 27 exactly (unfortunately, I shall say) and on that specific moment, it didn't say " Quarterly as of June 26/ today". Instead, it simply said, "next on Sep 26". 

I think you know how it works, and I do now. 

Yet, I don't have a bank account issue, nor a currency issue. I only wanted to get all my earnings processed together (tomorrow, June 29) so I delayed it a bit. And there wasn't any clue that June 27 (the day of the transaction) was still running/ an option. 

Many thanks for the response. 

I accidentally created to tickets, would you please assist in closing them for me?

Thanks in advance. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marwa, 

I wanted to add here that the payment was processed based on your chosen Automatic Payment Schedule. Your payment schedule is every quarter (last Monday of every quarter), and this withdrawal has fallen on that criterion - 27-June, Monday. The next schedule will fall be on 26-September, Monday. Your balance is only withdrawn automatically when it exceeds a specific limit (e.g. $100 or more) on your scheduled withdrawal date.

Take note that Upwork does not operate as a bank, and cannot keep your earnings for more than 180 days in your account. If you have earnings that meet the earnings threshold, they will be automatically withdrawn based on your schedule. 

~ Avery
Upwork
arman1021
Community Member

Can someone help me? I have received an email that Upwork has automatically transferred my earnings to my local bank which I have not authorized and I don't usually use this method. I only use my Paypal or Payoneer account for my withdrawals. What is the fastest way to correct this so I can get my earnings? 

Hi Armando,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the funds were automatically withdrawn as you've set your automatic payment schedule to "weekly." To update or change your schedule, go to Settings > Get Paid.

You can check this help article as well for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
ece4b911
Community Member

Hello 

I received an email this morning that a payment has been made into my local bank account. I did not initiate this payment and would like it reversed. I have also included a new payment method for which I would like payments to be made. Is it possible to get the transfer reversed into my new account. 

Hi Demi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the funds were withdrawn due to your automatic payment schedule. You've set it to "twice a month" and with a $600.00 threshold. If any of those conditions are met, then the money will be withdrawn automatically. You can find more information in this help article

Also, please note that once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled whether it is manual or automatic. The funds will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues with the bank account, the funds will be returned to Upwork and once this has happened, rest assured that we will immediately credit the funds to your account. If there are any issues such as an invalid bank account, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account. If your funds are not received within 8 business days, please let us know and we can assist you with initiating a trace.

To edit your preferred payment method for receiving the amount, and if you want to edit your automatic payment schedule, kindly go to this page. Then under Payment Schedule, go to "Schedule" and click on "Edit schedule." Click on "Save Changes" once you're done.

~ AJ
Upwork
temo58
Community Member

Hey, Upwork initiated my scheduled payment. I've set at least 500$ but payment was initiated at 200$ 🙂 I'm paying 30$ commission for a single withdrawal, So it's not good for me. How can I cancel a transaction before it comes to my bank account? 🙂 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Teimuraz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you've set it to twice per month as well that's why a withdrawal was initiated based on the schedule even if it hasn't reached the threshold amount. You can find more information in this help article

As for returning the withdrawn earnings to your Upwork accounts. I would like to clarify that once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled. The funds will be sent to the payment method on file, if there are any issues such as an invalid bank account, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account. If your funds are not received within 8 business days, please let us know and we can assist you with initiating a trace.

~ AJ
Upwork
iqrabashir
Community Member

Hello. Today at 11:08 AM I received an email for payment confirmation of $202.00 but I didn't initiated that payment request. However, I initiated only one payment request at 10:34 AM. I have received both payments but I wanted to save rest of the amount for future use. I want to know how did it happen automatically when I didn't request any transaction as it's not safe!!! 

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you've set it to "weekly" that's why a withdrawal was initiated based on the schedule even if you have just withdrawn another amount. You can find more information in this help article

To update or change your schedule, go to Settings > Get Paid.

~ AJ
Upwork
ahmedkhattab85
Community Member

up work released payment to my bank account although i did not reach the specified limit for balance.

Did you reach the time limit of 180 days?

my predefiend cycle is one month, and a monetry threshold. for many cycles by balance is under the threshold so i did not paid automatically before. now my balance is still under threshold but if i added the balance in review it will exceed. so is this why i paid automatically, or it is supposed that balance only should exceed the threshold?

If you had over 1000 USD or amount for more than 180 days, it is paid automatically.

no, i had not, i had a smaller amount for months, and it was bellow the balance threshold i have adjusted.

could any one help me, or tell me how to contact up work for help?

Upwork cannot hold onto your money for more than 180 days, no matter what you set as your threshold. If it's been released to you, customer service isn't going to be able to reverse it back into your Upwork account.

Hi Ahmed,

I checked and it does look like you had funds that were older than 180 days. Please know that we can't keep your funds in your Upwork available balance for over 180 days. This is why, when this time passes, your funds will be withdrawn automatically. Also, when the automatic withdrawal happens, all of your available funds will be included.

~Andrea
Upwork
ahmedkhattab85
Community Member

i have another question, i want my money to be transferred by USD to my USD account in my local bank, instead of local currency. Up work estimates my local currency with a lower rate (more than 5% difference)

Upwork is transferring the money to the Preferred Payment Method you indicated in your profile.

ahmedkhattab85
Community Member

Hi Sophie,

i waited for my next payment, which has been rejected. so:

1- one transaction has been completed to my bank account with my local currency.

2- one transaction has been rejected to my bank account with USD.

so, is there a problem with upwork to send my money as USD to my USD account in my local bank ?

can any body help me with my question?

ifobt
Community Member

Hi, I have set the scheduled payment to occur every 3rd month when the balance is above 1000$. However, today I got a notification that scheduled wire transfer has happened even though my balance was 60$ for more than a half year. Can this be reverted and the money + wire transfer fee back in my balance?

Regards

Hi Ivo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c940c945
Community Member

With out I used get paid upwork automatically realesd my payment how I can cancel it?

It is supposed to be released after I reached 1000$ but it realses on 277$ on September 28

If you had amounts older than 180 days, all the available balance was paid. Upwork do not keep amounts more than 180 days.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths