🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

478 REPLIES 478
0bbabd87
Community Member

Hi,

When I click the support ticket link it says I have "no requests found." Should there be an ETA on when to expect a response?

5f2255fa
Community Member

My account is on hold because I was trying to verify my ID and after one attempt of uploading my government ID (driver's license) it put my account on hold. I tried to use customer support to get me in contact with an agent, but the Help AI never redirected me. Am I missing a way to verify my Identity?

Hi Ethan,

I'm sorry to hear that you had issues trying to reach out to our support team. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a93209d7
Community Member

Hello, I just created my account and was asked to verify my location before sending proposals. I tried it but after one attempt of uploading my driver's license it says that I have reached maximum tries. Can I get help please

Hi Ray,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
amber_milton
Community Member

I've submitted my ID multiple times and kept getting the message that my name didn't match, which is does. I edited my profile to include my middle name, logged out and back in, and now it's saying I reach max attempts and can not send any proposals. It says to contact support but how? The automated "Get Support" button only takes me through a loop of article searching. PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Amber,

I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty verifying your ID. One of our support agents will contact you directly via a support ticket.

Cheers,
Mike
c9067bdb
Community Member

Hello, my account was placed on hold after I uploaded my Goverment issued id card for verification. Is there any reason this happened? How and when can I retry to upload. Thanks

Hi Ayo,

I see you already have a support ticket about the verification and one of our team members has recently sent you more information and instructions. Please, refer to their message which you can also access here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
300e66d0
Community Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to using upwork and before submitting a proposal I submitted my ID and it didn't get approved (even though it was a scanned image). The time for support to reach back out is astronomical and not really ideal when it should be super simple to just reupload your ID. Any advice on expediting the process or being able to resubmit ID?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nate,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0f8ce2f9
Community Member

The incompetent support bot has been saying it's having someone from support contact me for days and days now, and no one ever does. All of the forum notes directing users on how to contact support are incorrect, and the referenced pages and links have all been deleted from the system. So far, trying to get up and running here has been a horrifying weeks-long experience, rather than on other platforms, where the process takes a few minutes.

Hi Kent,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've followed up with the team handling your support tickets, you expect an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
katietojo
Community Member

My account has been placed on a hold after I tried uploading my ID and it was not able to be verified. I keep getting redirected to a page that says Upwork will reach out to me to resolve the issue, but no one has. Can anyone please advise?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathryn,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5996305a
Community Member

Hi Tijuana,

On which email should I contact them? 

Rgds

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5996305a
Community Member

Hi Goran,

I need assistance with ID verification. I saw the message that I have reached the maximum number of tries. Now when I am trying to contact support, the BOT simply returns with the message that we have notified the support agent and you will be contacted soon. 

It has been 2 days and I have not received any response, please guide me how should I contact them. 

Regards

b7f69dc1
Community Member

Trying to upload a selfie as part of Upwork's "identity verification." I successfully uploaded a picture of my govt id, but I keep getting an error message when I try to click on the message link they send me to upload my selfie I keep getting an error message.

Any ideas?

Hi Lawrence,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rachelwhampton
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I've reached out serval times and have received no email to submit ID verification. I don't see that option on my account. I've been trying to get help for months now. 

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble with the verification process. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b4fb913f
Community Member

Hello Upwork, 

Please help--I uploaded a picture of my drivers license the other day and for some reason my account is now on hold. Can you please take a look as to why my account could not be verified? 

Thank you!

Sarah 

Hi Sarah,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
61ac257e
Community Member

Can someone at upwork help verify my ID? It got denied even though it is an authentic government ID PNG file. Please email me and fix this. I can send images to you so you can verify my identification.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b237d64e
Community Member

I was asked to upload my ID card to verfiy my identity. Upon immediately uploading my State ID my account got put on hold saying they were unable to verify it is me and they gave zero solutions on how to fix this problem. I have seen that this has been an issue for several other people using this platform. I have been trying to get into contact with literally anyone I can at this point to resolve this issue for over an hour. I'm not sure why my State ID wasn't enough, but I also have a Passport & Birth Certificate proving I am who I claim to be, and I am shocked that no one has reached out with a solution, and that there was no solution provided the second my account was placed on hold.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

This is now the second time I'm having to make a post as it seems my last one got removed. I was asked to submit my ID for verification of identity, upon submitting my ID, my account was placed on hold saying they could not verify I am who I say. I was given no solution on how to fix this problem, have been reaching out to customer support for almost 4 hours with ZERO response, and now my posts looking for help are being removed or "archived".

Hi Tiffany,

We appreciate the follow-up. A support ticket has already been created with your concern. You can always check here or your email for progress and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1dc2d321
Community Member

Hey all. I just submitted a high-resolution scan of my passport to verify my ID, only to have the site tell me I've exceeded the maximum number of verification attempts and now I can't access the verification page at all. The automated support bot only goes in circles and won't connect me to a human. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f9a4cc0c
Community Member

I have  reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. So, I can not acess any new job. How can I solve this issue?  I can not find support email address or service center emial.

Hi Hyo,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
e99c714f
Community Member

After attempting to upload my ID, I got this email:

"Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded.

As a result, we have placed a hold on your account. Please know you will still be able to work and complete any open contracts and withdraw earnings, but you won’t be able to submit proposals for new jobs or accept new contracts.

We are sorry to have to take this step, but we must for the safety of our marketplace. Please let us know if you have any questions."

What am I supposed to do?

Hi Isabella,

I've requested the help of our team to assist you in completing the location verification process. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
clazio
Community Member

I can't seem to get upwork to accept my Driver's License. It's a perfectly clear picture of my ID with all four corners showing, and in color. Not sure what to do here but can't seem to get anywhere with the chat option and don't see an email address to contact them. I'm new so I'm still trying to figure this all out....

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your issue should be resolved now. Could you please log out of your account and then log in again to see if the issue persists. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f8fc08f1
Community Member

Hi my ID verification keeps failing even though they are legitimate and meet the requirements, is there a way I can log a support ticket? Every time I go to new support request I just get a blank page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and they will reach out to you to assist you further through an email support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths