🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

481 REPLIES 481
fac0e163
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I've asked the support team to help me for ID verification on Oct 3. But I haven't heard anything yet.

Any update?

Hi Andrew,

I went ahead and followed up with the team, you should receive an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
6a252edb
Community Member

Hello,

I tried to verify my ID a number of times and now my account is locked.  When I try to submit to customer support the new request page doesn't seem to able to directly send in a request.  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan, 

Have you tried the link through your account Settings? Hope this helps!
Settings > Identity Verifcation

Nope that didn't work for me. Thank you for the reply though!

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
aeebc69b
Community Member

Hi, I just created my account and was asked to first verify my DL. Upon uploading my DL I got a notification saying that I have exhausted my trials. I only did it once! can someone help me out please. Thank you.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same problem. Can someone help me with that please? Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Please I need help verifying my ID. I uploaded but it said it cant authenticate

I would contact Upwork support about this. I would also try in another browser.

Hi Onesmus,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here . You can also view the notification on the registered email address as well.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
leones-venus
Community Member

I changed my address from the Philippines to the USA. However, my already uploaded and verified ID shows the Philippines as my address. It doesn't let me upload a new document, in my case, my green card. I'm getting a warning that I need to verify my new location to keep my account active. Please help.

Hi Venus,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Please expect one of the team members' assistance via a support ticket that you can access on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
vandusupw
Community Member

Hi Team,

I want to verify my account but not able to conenct to upwork support. it says 5 days delay.

I am seeing such messages since 20 days. 

any one facing similar issue?

Hi Vandana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lawrence_eric
Community Member

Hello Everyone, 

I have already filled out my w-9 form.

When I go to Identity Verification to change my country from Philippines to USA the click continue (see photo below)

lawrence_eric_1-1669768052023.png

This gives me 2 options in this window:

lawrence_eric_2-1669768146757.png

if i choose Change profile location and change it from Philippines to USA:
I get this error:

lawrence_eric_3-1669768264619.png

if i choose the upload documents (where I plan to upload my US Driver's License), it says that ID should be from Philippines

lawrence_eric_4-1669768344105.png

It seems that neither of the options would allow me to update my location. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Lawrence, the country needs to match your ID. Looks like your ID is in the Philippines not the USA? Thanks!

Hi Willam, 

Thanks for your response. I cant change my ID either? I cant find it in the options presented. because it says,  that "ID should be from Philippines" as seen on the screenshot. vice versa, I cant also change my location to USA because the ID that ive uploaded before was from the Philippines as seen on the first screenshot as well. I hope it make sense. 

So, I guess the issue is I cant update neither my country location and my ID.

Hi Lawrence Eric,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your response.

stromenr
Community Member

Im having this same problem, while being asked to do my ID verification.

17120040-5E66-49B5-852B-6952BD1FC4FB.png

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
32b47e6f
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I just tried to submit my DL, but it says that its unable to authenticate. Can you please check this issue and let me know how I can go head?

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

~Andrea
Upwork
051edef6
Community Member

I have uploaded my CNIC Card and sent my selfie as well but now Upwork is still sending me warning emails for identity verification. 

Even tho I have already submitted my ID card but the warning is still there to verify the IDENTITY. They are not responding yet.

fc617e14
Community Member

I have searched this topic for days and am unable to find a solution. My ID verification was not processed and I received an email stating my location could not be verified (USA). I have the flag at the top of my page that says, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." This link only takes me to a blank page in support without any option of submitting a request. Most of the links in the previous questions regarding this issue just take you to information pages with links that either run you in circles or lead to a dead end. Is there a way to resubmit my ID for verification? I certainly cannot locate it.  Thanks. 

Hi Tia,

I have escalated your report to the appropriate team and one of the members has reached out to you via email with instructions on how to complete your ID Verification. Feel free to respond to the email or update this page if you have questions or need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
staceystephen
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Am getting that error yet i verified my ID successfully the firt time. What could be the problem

Hi Meshack,

~ Arjay
Upwork
fcb7a65a
Community Member

I submtted my driver license as a JPEG file. I keep receiving this message. 

We had some trouble verifying your ID

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport.

Try Again
Cancel

I now have this message when I try to apply to a job:
You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of the team members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your tickets and coordinate with the team on this page to complete the ID Verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3b8cb3fc
Community Member

Hi Team! I'm having trouble with the system not accepting my ID and therefore I cannot book any jobs. I have submitted a ticket  #38971712 but have not heard back or even received any sort of automated message saying that I will get assistance. Can someone please assist here?

Hi Claudia,

~Andrea
Upwork
3b8cb3fc
Community Member

Hi Andrea, its been over 48 hours since I opened the ticket and I have still not heard back. The system will not let me try again and I have not received any sort of guidance from the Tech Support team. Please advise. 

Hi Claudia,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3b8cb3fc
Community Member

Hi Joanne, I do have an open ticket but its been over 2 days since I opened it and I still haven't received any sort of support. I can't verify my ID and therefore I cannot use the platform. Please advise. 

Hi Claudia,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've followed up with the relevant team and they have shared an update with you via your support ticket.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths