🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork Search Engine is Seriously Flawed
Page options
otisdemarie
Community Member

Upwork Search Engine is Seriously Flawed

The Upwork search engine is not doing what it should do. When I do an advanced search for the the exact phrase "news", I get a lot of job results that contain the word "new". Then, when I exclude the word "new" in the same search, I get zero results. How does this make any sense? Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated.

Edit: another major issue arises when using the Skill Search option. If you select a number similar skills in this box (News Writing, News Media, News Article, etc.), you will get job results that have exactly those skills. In most cases, this will lead to very few results because job listers do not include all those skills.

The Skill Search option should have the ability to show me all jobs that have ANY of the skills I selected. This is already possible when searching for individual words. Please consider adding this simple yet crucial feature that is certain to have a positive impact for both freelancers and job listers.

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Otis,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
btsolutionsinc
Community Member

Last week (?) I had a support ticket  because I was using two words, separted by or and UW said I needed to use upper case ("OR") to make it act like Advanced Search's "any words".  Now even that is broken AND it seems the Advanced Search, invoked directly doesn't seem to work.  

Sometimes I get multiple pages, sometimes only 1 page ????

Hi Bill,

I am sorry to hear that you are still facing challenges while using the Upwork search. I checked the support ticket you mentioned and I see that your issue was already flagged to our technical team. I recommend you report this issue on the same support ticket so that our team can investigate this further. You can respond to the email notification sent to your registered email address to create a follow-up ticket to get in touch with our team directly. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths