🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork Verification Name spelled wrong and th...
Page options
f7d3f426
Community Member

Upwork Verification Name spelled wrong and the worst chat support experience of all time

I verified my identity with Upwork several weeks ago successfully. I completed a job today and tried to add two payment methods - paypal and a bank card.

I got an error saying my names don't match. I navigated to the "Certitificate of Earnings" to find that my name, which is Jordan, was spelled "Jordmin" . I need this fixed.

I went to chat support and have gone around and around and around with this bot to get an answer. They just keep saying things like "Contact Support" (which is exactly what I did by opening this chat bot), "Offering me articles that are either unrelated, or bring me to a place where the suggestion is "Contact Support"...It has been the most frustrating support situation I've ever dealt with. It then randomly told me that my account is suspended (I have no idea where that is coming from) and gave me two options: "Continue Creating Ticket" or "Appeal Suspension". I don't understand the suspension thing so I clicked "Continue Creating Ticket" and it just sent me a bunch of random paragraphs:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that your request is important, and we're here to assist you to the best of our ability. When you need additional support, consider exploring the Upwork Academy. It's a goldmine of resources to supercharge your success on Upwork.

Ask a question in Community
You can also tap into the collective wisdom of the Upwork Community! If you ever come across specific questions or concerns, feel free to share them with the community. You'll find a wealth of insights based on their experiences.

Explore Academy
Access a suite of interactive learning resources and videos to help you navigate the Upwork platform. Remember, we're here to ensure your success on Upwork, whether it's about learning the ropes or finding solutions. Your journey matters to us! 

There is no option there to create a ticket. Also, every time I click a link that the chat sends, it CLOSES THE CHAT and I have to start over. What on earth is going on. I just want to talk to a real person and get this resolved as it was upwork that verified my identity as "Jordmin" instead of "Jordan".

2 REPLIES 2
f7d3f426
Community Member

Just an update on this for anyone interested...

I continued to struggle with the chat bot and it continued to offer the same options. I eventually clicked "Appeal Suspension" because "Continue Creating Ticket" didn't bring me anywhere, and I filled out a form to Appeal Suspension. After submitting, the page I was immediately directed to said the issue was solved and my account was not suspended (and likely never was), then I received an email from Podio Support telling me the same.

Since the email was from a real person, I finally was able to reply and asked about the Verified Name issue. 1 day later I got a response from someone saying they fixed the spelling mistake in my verified name and I was good to go.

Finally, I replied to the support email asking in the future what I should do for issues like this where the chat bot was sending me in circles, and they kindly apologized...and told me to contact support in the future. 

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for bringing this to our attention. I am glad to hear that everything is sorted with your account now. I’m sorry to learn you weren’t able to contact the Upwork Support Team directly, or file a ticket after interacting with the chatbot. Please know that your feedback is important to us as we work on improving our services. I'll make sure to pass on your feedback to our team for review.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot.

However, should you need our assistance, please do not hesitate to post here in the Community.

~Ivy
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths