🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork being partial to the clients
Page options
80b59b20
Community Member

Upwork being partial to the clients

Hi everyone,

I am really frustrated with how Upwork is so partial when it comes to freelancers as they focus more on client feedback than on freelancer feedback for a client. I had a client who asked me to finish something in a day's time and due to a family emergency (my grandfather was really sick), I asked her for a day's extension but she canceled the project and asked for a complete refund even though I gave her some initial work and apologized for the situation. The contract was for $600 and this has now impacted my JSS score really badly. While working with the client, the client took a very long time to respond which also led to delays in submitting the work which she already needed in a day's time. A delay from the client to pay or unresponsiveness is not penalized but a freelancer who has a perfect 100% score is penalized by bringing their score down to 75%. This is so unfair.

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Jyoti,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your client. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry earlier and our support team has already responded to you. You can view your support ticket from this link. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths