🐈
» Forums » Support » VAT Number not approved
Page options
eloddo
Community Member

VAT Number not approved

Hello,

I am an Italian citizen currently living in Spain, where I have my tax residency.

I have a valid vat number and an official document from Spanish Government that can prove it.

I have tried putting it in a couple of times both with the number alone and ES + number, but it hasn't been approved.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? If yes, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Emanuela,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you and on this page. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
f2f6e690
Community Member

Hello Emanuela L,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your VAT number approved on Upwork. This can be a frustrating issue, but it's important to keep in mind that Upwork has certain policies and procedures in place to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations.

In your case, it sounds like you have a valid VAT number and documentation to prove it. However, it's possible that there may be a technical issue with Upwork's system that is preventing your number from being approved.

I would recommend reaching out to Upwork Support for assistance with this issue. They will be able to look into the matter further and help you resolve any issues that may be preventing your VAT number from being approved.

In the meantime, you may want to consider checking that the information you entered for your VAT number is correct and matches the information on your official documentation. It's possible that a small mistake or typo could be causing the issue.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in getting your VAT number approved on Upwork.

Best Regards,

USAMA I.

ArjayM

Hi Emanuela,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you and on this page. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3f712054
Community Member

I am having the same issue with the tax registration, I have all the papers to proof I own a company. I filled it in, in any format possible and it keeps on refusing my VAT number. Could someone please request a ticket for me? The support bot keeps sending nee in cirkels to useless information. Please someone help me with a ticket so an agent can look what is wrong. 

kind regards,

laurens 

Hi Laurens,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello!

I have the same problem. I am a Spanish citizen with VAT ID from Spain but it doesn't let me add it, it says that it must be 9 characters, but in Spain the VAT ID is 11 characters, so your system answers "invalid ID". Help please

Hi Cristian,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ec222237
Community Member

Hello,

same problem here, Italian freelancer living in the Netherlands, with a valid Dutch VAT number and official documents from the Chamber of Commerce. I have tried to fill in the blank with my number three times and in different ways, but it has been rejected.

Could someone help me, please?

Hi Riccardo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
027ed857
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same problem.

Croatian freelancer with a croatian WAT number, filled it out multiple times nothing worked out. Is it possible for someone to request a ticket for me? 

Thanks in advance,

Patrik

Hi Patrik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0e2a0645
Community Member

Hello,

I am a Turkish citizen living in Greece with a valid VAT number. However, the system has not approved it. I've made sure that the information I entered meets the criteria. Could someone please help me with this matter? Thank you very much in advance!

Zeynep

Hi Zeynep,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c1acc25e
Community Member

Hi, I have been struggling with the same issue as all the rest in this thread - I am a Bulgarian citizen with a Bulgarian agency but my VAT number keeps being rejected without a stated reason and I've tried all writing the number both with and without the country code.

Hi Vladimir,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties getting your VAT verified. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
369f5191
Community Member

Hello, 
I have the same problem. Dutch but I have a Spanish residence with a VAT number and this is not accepted. I already have a ticket and I need to contact my accountant or something like that. Does anyone have any other tips that made it work?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths