🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: availability badge
Page options
saima_faisal
Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

View solution in original post

213 REPLIES 213

Hi Achmad,

Thank you for your message. I have checked your profile and your profile visibility has been reset now. You should be able to turn on the Availability badge after adding Connects to your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello sir I have issue with my availability badge, I consumed my all connects related to availability badge but I want to assign or purchase the connects specifically for availability badge. 

Please see attached picture 

Please advise 

20230525_050137.jpg

Hi Amir,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Yes! You’ll have complete control over how many Connects you are willing to spend for the badge. You let us know the maximum number of Connects you are willing to spend and when that amount is reached, we will automatically remove the badge.

Feel free to check this help article to learn more about how to best manage your Availability Badge.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Can you help me to active my profile as public? I believe that I have the same issue. I can't turn on my availability badge too.

Thank you!

Hello Annie!

I've been having issues with my availability badge. It was on before, but due to my connects I'd to turn it off for a period of time. I do have connect now and I've been trying to turn it on but it showing an error code. Please help me out. 

Hi Kimberly,

It appears your profile was locked private, which wasn't allowing you to turn on the badge. I've updated your profile visibility, and you should now be able to turn on the badge if you choose to do so. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

But Availability Badge is need to activate for Upwork Plus Member .Because if we waste our coonect for this so how we bid @upwork must need to make changes on this and give some actual facality to memeber who paid for this .

Hello please I am having the same issue. Kindly help rectify it. Thank you

Hi Oluwadamilola.

Thank you for reaching out. I've checked and it looks like you're profile is on a private status which is why you're having difficulties turning your availability badge on. Don't worry! I have reset your profile visibility back to public. You can now turn your Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi AM

Would you please turn on my Profile Visibility ? 

Hi Md,

Your profile visibility has been updated to public.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Pradeep. I'm having same issue with my availability badge. I already have connects but still my availability badge cannot be turned on. 

Looking forward for your prompt response and resolve this matter soon. Thank you. CA Ankit Khicha

Hi Ankit,

I can see that your profile visibility has already been updated to public. Could you please try turning on your Availability Badge again? Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Aj

Would you please turn on my Profile Visibility ? 

forhad_sarkar_md_0-1693909513662.png

please turn on my availability badge

Hi Shafi,

I've checked and it looks like you're profile is on a private status which is why you're having difficulties turning your availability badge on. Don't worry! I have reset your profile visibility back to public.

You can now turn your Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

please turn my availability badge on. thank you

Hi Pradeep

I cannot turn on availability badge on my profile can you please help me ?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you receiving any errors on your end? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
saima_faisal
Community Member

Thank you so much Pradeep, I will definitely check out these resources.

829bc764
Community Member

Good evening sir/ma

Please I have an issue with my availability badge, I can't on it...my availability is set to private

Please help me

Hi Chinze,

I believe that you are referring to your profile's visibility and not the Availability Badge. Please know that these are two different things, you can learn more about the Availability Badge here. That said, I've reset your profile visibility so that is now public. You can check this help article to learn why it can be switched to private.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9d4ea626
Community Member

Hi, having trouble activating my profile visibility. I can't turn it on even though I have enough connects. Thank you for your assistance in advance. 

Hi Danica Anne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and it looks like you can't turn on the availability badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable. 

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You may retry turning your Availability Badge on and it should be working just fine now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9d4ea626
Community Member

Hi Arjay, my profile has been set to private again and I can't turn on my availability badge.

Hi Danica Anne,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
mehwishsiraj
Community Member

I am unable to turn on the availability badge on. Despite having enough connects I am unable to turn on the badge. I haven't put my profile on private. 

Please help me out 

Hi Mehwish,

I can confirm that your profile is now on a Public status so you should have the option to turn your Availability Badge on. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if you're having the same issue with a screenshot of what you can see from your end upon trying and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you so much, Arjay for a prompt response. 

I am glad to get the availability badge turned on. 

Regards

rdomina
Community Member

So I've been buying connects for years and trying to get work on here and now I see it's because I didn't turn on my availability badge?????   Are you serious?  I have to buy connects just to tell people I'm available??? WHAT? I wouldn't be on here if i wasn't available.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out and we certainly understand your concern. Please note that you can turn the availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile, and will know you’re eager for new work.

Please remember, you can always turn the badge off at any time if you don’t need it, so you don’t have to worry about clients thinking you're available when you’re not. We highly suggest you check out this help article for you to be more acquainted with how the availability badge works.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

I seem to have trouble turning my availability badge to available even if I have the sufficient connects, May I also get help seeing this through, please? Thank you!

Hi Gabriel,

I checked, and it looks like your profile was set to private. I have reset your profile visibility to public. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
aa053663
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue.. Please help.

Thank you

Hi Emily,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You may retry turning your Availability Badge on and it should be working just fine now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi! I seem to have a problem with my availability badge. I can't turn it on even though I have enough connect. Please help. Thank you.

Hi, I have the same issue. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Sindi,

Thank you for your message. I have checked your profile and noticed that your profile visibility was set to Private. I have reset your profile and the visibility is set to Public now. Could you please try setting your Availability badge now? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I seem to have a problem with my availability badge. I can't turn it on even though I have enough connects. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Darlyn,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You may retry turning your Availability Badge on, and it should be working fine now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths