🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: availability badge
Page options
saima_faisal
Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

View solution in original post

221 REPLIES 221

Hi, I have the same issue. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Sindi,

Thank you for your message. I have checked your profile and noticed that your profile visibility was set to Private. I have reset your profile and the visibility is set to Public now. Could you please try setting your Availability badge now? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I seem to have a problem with my availability badge. I can't turn it on even though I have enough connects. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Darlyn,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You may retry turning your Availability Badge on, and it should be working fine now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sergii-korzhenko
Community Member

Can you help me? 

I set 10 connects per week, but I see 'Current price 7 Connects per week' maybe you know what I did wrong? 

sergiikorzhenko_0-1680115089522.png

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've checked and it looks like 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours to add up to 7 Connects for the week. I suggest you check this help article for more details including badge cost samples and further instructions on how to set the maximum amount of Connects you want to spend in one week to keep the badge on. Let us know if you still need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
d2020226
Community Member

Hello Moderator,

My name is Imoro Awini Mamudu.

I am having problem turning on my availability badge.

Please, I was hoping you could assist me in do that.

Thank you for the service.

Hi Imoro,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public so you can turn on your availability badge. Please read this help article to learn more about profile visibility.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have the same issue. would you help me with this?

farhan

Hi Farhan,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

What if we not opt for Avaiablility Status? Can client see our proposals while bidding? As, Availability as for extra connects? Do we need to opt for it compulsorily?

I thought, my bids are visible to clients. But, while I am going through the questions, I was wondering about the Availability (Do I need to pay for it for client visibility?), though my Visibility is "Public". Please clarify?

-Sri

27d978c6
Community Member

Hi, 

I have the same problem. Although I buy a new connect 2 days ago. Now my availability badge is still off.  I tried to set it public and on. But I can't manage to set it as I want. 

Please help me!

Hi Nur,

Thank you for reaching out. I've set your profile visibility to public. You should be able to turn on your availability badge now.

~ AJ
Upwork
mariflor26
Community Member

Hi,

I haven't been using my Upwork account for a while now in applying for job. When I check my profile it seems like I can no longer turn on my my availability badge. Please help me out. Thanks

Hi Mariflor,

I would be happy to help. I've set your profile visibility to public. You should be able to turn on your Availability Badge now.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Edited to correct a typing error. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
writestar1
Community Member

I wrote a bunch of proposals the other day, which I only do intermittently, when things are slow with my usual clients.
Usually, at least one or two will come through, but I got nothing. Puzzled, I went to my profile andI noticed that my availablilty badge was turned off. When I clicked through to see what was going on, I discovered that I now have to submit connects just to show that I am available for work. (When did THIS start?) I was also informed that "The price to turn on the badge can change, so we'll turn the badge off automatically if the price exceeds your maximum."  It is bad enough that I have to get in a bidding war with my connects every time I try to submit a proposal. Now I have to do it make sure I will even be seen? I am wondering how many proposals I have written and wasted connects on that were completely ignored by the prospective client because my profile showed as "unavailable." This is extremely frustrating to me and I'm sure other freelancers. I wonder if there have been any other changes we should be aware of? I tried to contact a live agent for support and that is an absolute joke. The chat bot was infuriating and kept looping me back to where I started.

adeel_ghaziani
Community Member

I am unable to turn on the availability badge on. Despite applying for jobs and buying new connects I am unable to turn on the badge. I haven't put my profile on private. 

Please fix this issue

Hi Adeel,

We appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Community. I took the liberty of resetting your profile back to public. You should now have the option to turn your availability badge on to your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
donnah-rivera
Community Member

Hello there,
I also have the same issue of "You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable."
Hope the management of UW can help me out on this. Thanks 

Hi Donna Charissa,

We can definitely assist you with your concern. I took the liberty of resetting your profile back to public. You should now have the option to turn your availability badge on to your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Yehey, thank you Upwork for restoring my availability badge.
fac7ed0f
Community Member

Hi good day. I build my profile in upwork but i really can't turned on my badge. I have connects but it is still not turning on. What should i do?

Hi Kristine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and it looks like you can't turn on the availability badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable. 

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You may retry turning your Availability Badge on and it should be working just fine now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
77036ffe
Community Member

I've gotten 2 jobs already, it's great. I had a lot of connects, but the avaliabily badge was turned on and I didn't even realise it was sucking all of it. I have nothing left and I can't send any proposals. Now I have to pay for it even though I had so many??

I really had no idea. Off to a bad start... I don't really need this badge right now and I thought I was for free. My mistake. So i left it 😕

Is there anyway, please, that I can get my connects back? I worked hard for them and landed 2 contracts pretty quicky. I lost something like 10 connects, maybe more.

Please help!

Thanks. 

Hi Karin,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ravishkumarsaini
Community Member

My availability badge is turned off right now. Does turning on the availability badge helps you win the job ?

Thanks in advance.

Ravish.

No. But it will help you to waste some money if you want.

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

I have kept my Availability Badge On. But these Availability badges are of no use. By keeping Availability Badge On or, Off there always has been Zero Views & Wastage of Money. 

There has been no Views & purchases in my Project Catalogues & Profile for longer years. Is there any problem in my Contents & Subjects in my Project Catalogues Materials?

Kindly suggest & let me know the Problem.

Regards

Romel R

Availability badges are just an optional tool. If it doesn't work for you, don't use it. Better use those connects to send job proposals.

Dear Viacheslav

There are many tools which are useless, should we avoid them. Let me know.

Thanks.

Regards

aa053663
Community Member

Please help how to turn on availability badge. Thanks

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try updating the Availability badge now?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
angelo1300
Community Member

Hi, there.
I currently turn on my availability badge, however when I try to find my profile in the talent search my name is unsearchable. I do check Graphic Design as my niche still my profile didn't show up. Do I need to spend Connect for my availability badge? or much better to use my connect for sending proposals? I highly appreciate any response, thank you!

Hi Angelo,

The availability badge is a new way to let potential clients know you are ready for new projects. You can use Connects to add a blue “Available now” badge to your profile, which will also be visible to clients who find you in search results.

Your standard availability settings tell clients about your general availability for Upwork jobs. This is another way to highlight that those hours aren’t filled yet. For example, you may be a part-time freelancer who can dedicate 20 hours per week to Upwork, which you can state in your profile. Using the badge can let clients know that your 20 hours for this particular week are not all filled and you’re still looking for work.

The Availability Badge does not impact where you appear in search results. However, when searching for freelancers to invite to a job, clients can filter through the Availability Badge to see who is available for work right now. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
gyaseen1986
Community Member

Hi, my availability bedge is ON and active. But my current price is set to 7 connects per week. I want to increase it to 25 connects per week. How can i do it? i do not see how i can increase it to 25.

thank you,

Ghulam Yaseen

e67c1ffe
Community Member

I sent a few requests, and I had 80 connections. But in a couple of days, I only have 8 connections left.

I'm sure I didn't use up that many.

Hey, sorry about that. But don't you think, your availability badge is put on? Check, it may be the cause of the reduction of your connections. Thank you 

Hi Nazariy,

Obruche is correct! You have the Availability Badge turned on which requires Connect to show your availability status on your Upwork profile. You can refer to the Connect History page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a99720de
Community Member

The first time I paid for the 'available' badge, I received several invitations, but in general, they weren't quite suitable for what I was looking for, as all the offers were paying below my usual rate, which is why I deactivated it. Now I've reactivated it, and I'm hardly receiving any invitations. What could be the reason I'm not receiving invitations, unlike the first time?

Whenever I have a lot of ongoing contracts, I keep receiving offers when I hardly have time. Now that I activated it because I finished all my tasks and I'm ready to take on new ones, it's not working as it should. Whenever I have a lot of ongoing contracts, I keep receiving offers when I hardly have time. Now that I activated it because I finished all my tasks and I'm ready to take on new ones, it's not working as it should.

Thanks for reading 

Vanu

It works as expected: it shown. Thats all.

This bage won't give you a contracts, sorry. This just a bage. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths