🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: not receiving security code on my phone
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513
0ba46037
Community Member

I have the same issue

Hi John,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
d0ec0798
Community Member

I am not able to finish creating my profile in order to submit a proposal without phone number verification and it is refusing to text me a code. Please help!

Hi Julian,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d0ec0798
Community Member

Ok so to be clear, am I opening a support ticket or am I waiting for someone to reach out to me? If it is the former, how do I do that?

_bakhtawar
Community Member

My account is 2 factor authenticated, I've tried many times to sign in and I am not receiving any code either on sms or email. What should I do and what does this mean? Please help, I'm worried. I use my account daily so it's not been dormant or anything. 

Hi Bakhtawar,

Someone from our team will reach out to you directly via emai in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
27ec881d
Community Member

I am having the same issue with the phone verification. What's the resolution for this?

Hi Joseph,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
27ec881d
Community Member

Thanks. Honest question, how has this been going on for years and not been resolved or at least have a troubleshooting page about? Seems there are hundreds if not thousands of people having this issue when they try to create a profile and the resolution is always to open a ticket.

cb0a7557
Community Member

I just created my profile, and am unable to continue because I never receive the verification text code.  My number is entered correctly. 

Hi Beli,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I've been trying to enter and re-enter my phone number several times. Hopefully someone can solve this problem soon 🙂  

arsalanrajpoot
Community Member

Hello everyone.

When I am trying to enter in my setting and then Upwork said we need a confirmation when I clicked on send me a code on my email. After waiting 10mins I didn't get any email. What is the problem I am facing now?

Hi Arslan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
931a7557
Community Member

Hi I'm trying to finish setting up my account but it won't send me a verification code to verify my phone number and I can't continue. Please help!

Hi Kayla,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your account. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
db785861
Community Member

Hi,

Initial mistake was entering a wrong mobile number and waiting for a text message,I retried many times. After observing a corrected mobile number, now getting below error.

Error Message: Something went wrong. Please try again later.

getting same error with the mobile app and different browsers.

Hi Somasekhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
16e79f2b
Community Member

When I put in my number, It says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." I know I have all of my information correct.

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty receiving a code on your phone. Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with the phone verification process. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa2c53d1
Community Member

I "re-sent" the code multiple times and made sure i had the right number but never got anything

Hi Oliver,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty receiving a code on your phone. Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with the phone verification process. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
16e79f2b
Community Member

I did not get any of your team members reach out to me. If you can just send me a one time password at  **Edited for Community Guidelines** that would be great. For some reason it only works when my number has a 1 in front of it but when I do that it doesn't get sent to my phone (because my number isn't **Edited for Community Guidelines**). I included a picture. when I put my actual phone number in it refuses to work. I do not understand.

Hi Eric,

I had to remove a portion of your post since it contained personal information that shouldn't be shared in the Community. Kindly refer to this link so you can access your ticket with the Customer Support team so that they can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fb398d22
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue as others. I cannot complete my profile because the phone verification is not working. A pin is not being sent to my phone.

Thanks, Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork. We truly appreciate your post. I'll have one of our team members assist you with the phone verification via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
vivekavi20
Community Member

It is happening to me for the last 3 weeks. whenever I want to login into my mobile Upwork app it sends OTP to my mobile number and email id BUT I am not getting any OTP. 

I tried to go to the setting through my Laptop but again the same thing is happening there. 

Hi Vivek,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties logging in to your account. I have reached out to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up regarding your concern. It looks like there's already a support ticket created and please expect an update on this page. Don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks Arjay for your quick response. There may be a ticket already created for the same issue because I have tried to contact through the "Get Support" chat also a week ago. i request to please help me to solve this issue. 

I am not getting OTP on my registered mobile and email. I also tried to contact through chat "Get Support" but didn't get any response to my issue. 

mostafa-belihi
Community Member

I can do 2-step authentication using my email when I try to login. When I try to access the Settings page, I try to get the verification code using my email, but it's never sent.

I was using an authenticator app, but after I reset my phone, I need to re-setup it via Settings page.

I searched the community forum for a similar issue, but failed.

Hi Mostafa,

Could you please check your spam/junk folder in case the email was sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork

Sure I did.

I've also tried again just now and the message is not sent.

When I tried to login to my account normally (not opening the Settings page), the login code was sent to my inbox normally, and I'm able to access my projects and profile. The issue is only when I try to access my Settings page. No code is sent at all, neither to inbox nor junk/spam box.

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
kashyapseo
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Good day!

My laptop gone bad. Now I am trying to log in through my another laptop but not rreceiving message from upwork to my mobile number for the verification. Please let me know what to do.

Sincerely,

Ash

Hi Aashutosh,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
1fa44549
Community Member

The text code verification to my cell phone isn't working. I'm not getting a text. I tried going into settings and enabling text verification...but that code didn't sent either. I'd like to complete my profile set-up. Any tips on getting this resolved? Thanks!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cef57eef
Community Member

Im not getting a code sent to my phone why I try to verify it

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths