🐈
» Forums » Support » Haven't received a security pin
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Cameron,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties receiving a verification code. I'll have one of our team members reach out and assist you via a support ticket. Feel free to communicate with the team here once your tiket has been set up. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
639805c8
Community Member

I've entered my phone number but am not reciving the verification code to complete my profile.

Can someone help as this is a mandatory step that I cannot complete at present. Thanks

Hi Tina,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! We sincerely apologize for the late response. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you with further assistance via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update here once your case has been reviewed and the ticket has been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5085153c
Community Member

Ive tried clearing my cache, checking my wifi speed, using my phone, switching browsers, restarting my phone and trying again. NOTHING WORKS!! When I put my REAL phone number and all my information is correct it still does not send the code to my phone. I am just thinking of giving up on upwork because I have been trying to get this **bleep** to work for 2 months now. I just want to get my life in order and start making better money. For **bleep**s sake why cant I verify by e-mail? Please don't respond to this with "one of our support team reps will reach out to you" just fix my problem ffs.

Weren't you warned about seriousness of having multiple accounts?

Yeah, I didn't know before I did it but I wasn't even able to finish my profile on that account I deleted because of this problem so it dosen't matter.

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a79bd8bf
Community Member

Trying to verify my phone number and finish registering, but no matter how many times I hit "Send Code," I receive nothing.  I submitted a help ticket and have not yet heard back.

Hi Monica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using the same support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aef3449a
Community Member

Hi there,

I am trying to verify my UK mobile phone number and I'm not receiving a verification text no matter what I try.  I have tried my second number, other browsers, clearing cookies etc but still nothing comes through.  Can one of the admin team please assist?

Thanks in advance.

bilsim
Community Member

You need to get a verification request initiated by Upwork, did you get it? You can't initiate it yourself. Upwork may or may not send you such a request, it depends on them.

More details:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-can-I-verify-my-phone-number/m-p/274826

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge

You may continue quoting and working on jobs, and earn money, which you cannot withdraw without verification. This may prompt a verification request from Upwork.

aef3449a
Community Member

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It's the verification step in the profile creation stage that seems to be stuck.  Every time I log in I get redirected to this page https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/min/location

The last step is to send a code to a mobile device to confirm it, and this is where the process is falling down.  I've also tried the mobile app without any luck.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie, support ticket received.

953726b6
Community Member

I am not receiving the phone verification code to finish up my profile. I resent and refreshed page, but I'm still not receiving the code.

Hi Aaliayah,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I have checked and it looks like your phone has been verified and you were able to complete your profile. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
953726b6
Community Member

Yes it was. It literally sent me a code 20 mins after I posted on the board. Thank you!

Community Member

I tried to verify my account by sending my ID to be verified so I can take up more jobs on October 9th, but it's October 13th and it was supposed to be revised in 1 business day. I have until the 15th of this month to verify it and I'm worried I won't get confirmed by then, also I want to keep working, but it's not possible if not verified.

I hope someone can answer me, 

Thank you

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up and assist you further. Please expect an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
d9ec8ee9
Community Member

I am trying to finish my profile and verify my phone number but the code is just not coming through. I cannot finish my profile until it is verified. Please help!

Hi Janice,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

seems ive been having same problem too

5a145c35
Community Member

Hello. I have not received a text verification code. I have tried several times. Can You help?

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5151a1af
Community Member

I changed my phone and now I can't login to my account. They keep asking me to click on the message sent to my mobile 

Hey Precious, yes a 6 digit passcode will be sent to your mobile phone to allow the login. Thanks!

Hi Precious,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
asar-saleem
Community Member

Having same issue,
Cant receive otp on my mobile device. Any help please

Hello, 
I was using google authenticator app for upwork. Changed phone recently, now can't login to upwork.
niether mobile app nor network otp are working for me.
I've tried everything already.

Hi Asar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6d288171
Community Member

I dont understand what is wrong with the site but my phone wont get any messages

Hi Brody,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mbandillo
Community Member

Hi, Can someone help me with this same issue as well? Not receiving verificationi codes via SMS and email. Thanks!

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths