🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't complete profile creation (stuck on pag...
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Edwin,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. Please allow time for our team to review. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am getting the same error message as

When I am creating my profile and get to the phone verification step and get this error message: "Something went wrong. Please try again later." No code is ever sent and I can't move past this step.

I was wondering if the support team can kindly help me? 

Thank you!

Hi Asrar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nfagone
Community Member

Has anyone else had this problem?  I can't complete my profile creation. I've made it all the way to page 9/9 but keep getting an error message when trying to submit my phone number for verification. Have been checking for a few days now and nothing has changed.

Hi Nick,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ca7583b8
Community Member

I’m having an identical issue. I get to the final page, input my phone number, submit for verification, and I get the message “something went wrong, try again later.”

Hi Drew,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4cfeaecc
Community Member

Hi,
I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Please help me.

Hi Farhad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
04a0724a
Community Member

I'm in the process of finishing/publishing my profile, and I come to the last portion where you fill out your address and give your phone number. Every time I try to 'Send Code' to my phone, I get the error message 'Something went wrong. Please try again later'. I've tried customizing cookie settings and using different browsers but I'm not having any luck - hoping someone can assist!

Hi Molly,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
mdshahjalal820
Community Member

Unable to log in in Android aoo

Hi Md Shah,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f163778f
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I can't complete my profile creation. When trying to submit my phone number for verification I keep getting this error message: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Hi Angelique.

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue, can someone assist me?

Hi Kaelan,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
7bd2b9f6
Community Member

Hello Andrea

I am having the same problem of verifying my phone, that a lot of others seem to be having...

Can I get your assistance please...Appreciate it

88fe1a03
Community Member

Hello, I got to the 10th step and when I try to verify my phone number it says something is wrong. Please can you help
82decea1
Community Member

Hi! 

I am trying to set up my profile for the first time and am not receiving the text message for authentication and am thus unable to finish creating my account. 

I've tried closing my browser window, turning off my phone with no luck. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to fix this issue!

Hi Madison,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
fe39dccb
Community Member

Can someone please contact me? I'm trying to set up a freelancer account and I'm not receiving the text for phone number verification. No one is responding on chat support either.

Hi Carolyn,

~Andrea
Upwork
88fe1a03
Community Member

I have the exact same issue and can’t verify my phone

Hi Maya,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9e942107
Community Member

I'm having the same problem - when I enter my phone number, I get an error saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm having the same issue. Can anyone help?

same issue, been trying for days...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, David.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also having issues with this an am unable to verify my number. I would appreciate if you could have someone reach out to me as well. Thank you.

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
a9f6265c
Community Member

From what I can tell, this has been an issue for years....

Try to enter my phone number in the personal section to create a profile.

* Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Tried for 3 days now.

what do I have to do to use your site.....? If you don't want users why don't you close the app?

b8174014
Community Member

Hello, I am not receiving a verification code on my phone. Trying to create a freelancer account, but I'm stuck at that last step.

Hi Onyema,

I checked and it looks like you have already created a freelancer profile and it has been approved. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b8174014
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I've successfully created my profile.

Thank you.

andbricab
Community Member

My verify phone button wont work, it keeps saying something went wrong. I've tried it on my phone,laptop, & tablet but it still does not work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Hi Andrea,

~Andrea
Upwork
420d60fa
Community Member

I am having the same problem that a lot of others are experiencing.  I am trying to complete my profile and when I enter my phone number, it tells me there is an error and to try again later.  I have been trying all day with no success.  Could somebody please help me?  I might also add that I have tried on both my laptop and my smartphone.  I have also tried clearing cache and cookies on my devices.

Hi Kimberly,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths