🐈
» Forums » Support » not receiving security code on my phone
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Alexandre,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
elqueanito
Community Member

Hello! Please help me asap 😞 I lost my sim card and i am not using the phone number i registered on my upwork account. I cannot withdraw my funds because its asking me for an aunthentiation code.. upwork please help me fix this

Hi Elque,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. I need help asap

I can't received the verification code because I lost my sim card. Please help me. Thank you.

Hi Ariston,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team is already assisting you directly with your concern. Please feel free to post any follow-up questions on the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there, I would like to ask some help with regard to changing contact number. I am trying to change/update my contact number, but I did not find ways on how to update it. My cell phone was stolen last month, I am using a new number now.
Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary, 

You should be able to update your phone number by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info), scrolling down to the "Location" section of the page, and editing your mobile number from there. 

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to let us know and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mgarret
Community Member

Thank you for your response Avery, greatly appreciated. I am not able to update the contact number through settings>contact info, since verification code is required in updating the information. Please see attached screenshot when I click the settings

Hi Mary Grace,

I've shared your concern about updating your mobile number with our team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mgarret
Community Member

Thanks very much, JoanneHeart! Greatly appreciated. I will just wiat the agent to contact me. 

I have the same problem,my phone was stolen last week Smiley Sad I cannot withdraw nor update my contact number. Every action need verification code. Smiley Sad

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also have the same issue, it is not giving me the security pin on my phone after inputting my phone number

Hi Parth,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
da12f972
Community Member

hello, I have the same problem with the SMS not arriving to complete the initial verification of the profile.

Thank you,

George

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same issue with the initial verification code.

Hi Taniele,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
joeyb88
Community Member

Hi

I am also having issues receiving a an SMS code for my profile set up.

I now can't request another one, as I have tried 5+ times.

Thanks

Joe

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm not receiving confirmation code on my phone too. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sebghatullah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7e5a37d4
Community Member

I'm having this same issue. Could I get some guidance on how to fix this and complete my account set up? Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kay,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f_lev
Community Member

I am also having this issue. It seems to be a common problem in the system. I requested a verification code multiple times but am not receiving them. Please advise!!

Just send my code so I can proceed with my profile.

you are delaying my completing it.

mahalo.

Hi Scott,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fdd3c51f
Community Member

I added the wrong phone number and I need to change it ASAP. Where do I do this? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE MY PHONE NUMBER TO **Edited for community guidelines**, WHICH IS MY CURRENT NUMBER, I GET A MESSAGE SAYING THAT THIS NUMBER IS BEING USED BY ANOTHER ACCOUNT....

GETTING SINCERELY FRUSTRATED... 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Normabeth.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3951298d
Community Member

Hi how to change number? It hasn’t been verified yet cos the number was incorrect when I signed up. I don’t even know how can I change the incorrect number that theyre trying to verify. Can someone pls help immediately? This is so frustrating. It’s a hard time registering in this site.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rubi, 

I checked your account and can see that you have already completed your phone verification. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I've lost my phone, so the phone number too.

I can't verify my account. How can I change the phone number?

I need to get paid, so this is urgent.

Please, help!

Hi Andranik,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Cheers,
Mike

Hello, I moved to another country a year ago and changed my number (the old one belongs to someone else), but it asks me to verify my account at that number and I no longer have it. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Paola,

Someone from our team will reach out to you directly in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I need to change my phone number because I no longer use the one that is registered in my account. But when I go to settings, a pop-up window will appear that says they need a code sent to my old number which I no longer use. How to solve this? I think getting paid is also affected by this. Please help. Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths