🐈
» Forums » Support » removing a job
Page options
a5f9ac02
Community Member

removing a job

I am new to Upwork and I have posted a job in error and would like to remove it.  Will this have a negative effect on my profile? This is important as I will be shortly becoming a freelancer and don't want any bad feedback before I start my  freelancing journey 

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Lorraine,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! Here are the instructions on how to remove/cancel a job post.

1. Click the Jobs tab and locate the job you want to close in your Open Jobs.
  2. Click Remove Posting in the (...) options menu and follow the instructions. You can always come back and repost the job and hire a freelancer or agency that submitted a proposal.

Don't worry! If you're posting jobs using your client profile, it will not affect your freelancer profile. Users can have multiple contexts under the same login but they're still kept separate.

Additionally, Work History will only display contracts where at least $1 was paid. Any job postings that didn't result in a "hire" won't show there. You can also this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a5f9ac02
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your reply ....just to confirm, you wrote

"Don't worry! If you're posting jobs using your client profile, it will affect your freelancer profile" ....do you mean it will not affect your freelancer profile.

Thanks )

Hi Lorraine,

Yes. That's what I meant and I went ahead and corrected my comment. Apologies for the confusion.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths