🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Not getting paid for work for due to veri...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
fnixscript
Community Member

My account is suspended because my local bank was going through some maintenance and my credit card was offline for few hours. Now it is still back on and can you please guide me how can i place request for the removal of suspension. I am a top rated and as i havent violated any rule will i still lose the top rated badge. 

Hi Muahammad,

Sorry for the late reply. I can see that you no longer have any restrictions on your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions or need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
LuiggiR

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you to the account in question, using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
niazahmednil
Community Member

My freelancer account has been suspended 6 days ago. I've raised support tickets also. But the tickets showing as SOLVED, but my account still remain suspended. I posted here several times also, but every time you are telling me to wait 24-48 hrs. But I didn't get any result. Please remove the suspension asap. I can't submit proposals. Let me do work, please.

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your support ticket. They will reach out to you shortly.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie Jane B. 

Upwork assigned a Support Manager (R**Y) to the ticket. But, still there has no reply/result. Ticket- 37148853. Please do something for me.  Please

Hi Muhammad,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend for you to send further questions that you may have to the support ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you AJ. I am waiting.

Hi Annie,

You know, I've sumbitted a support ticket "Suspension Appeal Form Submission (37148853)" . Upwork assigned a representative**Edited for Community Guidelines**. He replied to the ticket 2 days ago. I am responding to the messages, but he **Edited for Community Guidelines** is not replying. Can you please let him know to respond to the ticket. It's already 8 days gone my account has been suspended. 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Niaz H.

Hi Muhammad,

I understand you want this resolved immediately. Please understand that our support team is having a high volume of requests but we're doing our best to stay on top of every concern that is being raised. Kindly avoid spamming the support ticket or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
6b43ac9e
Community Member

It started when my project catalog was approved, Upwork emailed me saying some of the images I uploaded there contained contact details of other individuals, do I still have a chance to reactivate that account and withdraw my earnings? I also have ongoing projects.

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
muhammad__ali1
Community Member

Hello Everyone

Today morning i was trying to buy new connects and my transactions got declined multiple times, at that time i did not notice but my debit card (attached with upwork) was blocked. and due to this unsuccessful payment upwork team suspended my account, I have unblocked the card its fully activated now as well as i have added my payoneer account as secondry payment method, below is the Email i received from upwork team,

Hi Muhammad,
We wanted to check in with you regarding the status of your account, as our attempt to validate your Visa ending in 2637 has been declined. Please contact your bank if you believe this is in error.
Unfortunately, we have to suspend your account until a valid payment method has been added. To resolve the issue, just update your card or add a new card or PayPal account. Once your payment method is validated, your account suspension will be lifted and you will be able to start new contracts.
If you need assistance, please contact Upwork Support.

I need help in getting my account back, as i have consistent clients that i need to deliver projects on time.

Looking for any solutions from upwork coordinators.

Regards

Muhammad.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. You can also expect an update in your email which is also linked to your ticket. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d21ac220
Community Member

Hello, We are currently on a project where I have already put in over 20 hours of work. I have subitted all my verification documents and have done the interview but still awating reply so I can continue on my project. Do we have an estimate of when we would be clear so I can communicate with the client?

Hi Jiham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d21ac220
Community Member

Thanks Nikola

Hello, I have submitted all my verification documents and have done the interview but still awating reply so I can continue on my project. Do we have an estimate of when we would be clear so I can communicate with the client?

Hi, It takes time 2,3 working days to Identify your verification. 

Thanks

7451c775
Community Member

Hey Upwork team, my account which I'm using right now was suspended a month ago because I have another account but the problem is that I forgot my last account security question and I made another account which I also verified and got the blue tick badge but they suspended it I request you to kindly unsuspend my current account and suspend the old one which I'm not using please look into this matter I want my current verified account back because the old one wasn't verified and also I'm not using the old account. 

My current account which I want to unsuspend is given below in a screenshot.

Hi Hasnain,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
23a309ff
Community Member

Screenshot_20230130-164244_Upwork Talent.jpg

 How long to wait for a response from the mail?

Luigi please help me how to find out what is wrong with my account

The screenshot shows that no one has answered for 4 days

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
23a309ff
Community Member

You can see I received a letter in the mail but it's not clear. I passed the passport check I have been approved by Upwork

Community Member

Hi, I am new here, and this is my first topic. I have a question. My account is got restricted due to no verification. I applied for account verification three days ago but didn't get any response yet. Can someone tell me how much time it would take?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the relevant team handling your request. I am pleased to inform you that your verification has been approved and your Upwork account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d5941fe7
Community Member

Hello Upwork team I have faced a big problem with my old account cause I could not write a topic to resolve my issue and I created a new account so that I could communicate my issue. 

am by names of kakooza yusufu ali user ID( 1acac26d), I don’t know what has happened to my account, After trying two times to add my debit card to billing & payments with out success, my account now having some text at the top saying “Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support. Kindly advise and tell me what is happening to my Upwork account.I have tried to click the contact support button in my old account and explaining my issue but nothing is done, I urgently need support on this cause it's going to affect my clients and I. I need urgent support please

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kakooza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ArjayM

Hi Kathleen,

I have checked and can confirm that there's no restriction on your account. You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ijeoma-okechukwu
Community Member

I submit any proposal request anymore, please what happened? Can someone help.

Hi Iljeoma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, i have the same problem with financial account already wrote ticket to support. Don't know why

Hi Sergii,

Thank you for reaching out. For your own privacy, we cannot share the details regarding this in the Community since this is a public space. Since you already have a support ticket, please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
9a90828b
Community Member

Hello,
I am having trouble verifying my government id, my account also is on hold so i could not post it from there (**Edited for Community Guidelines** ,this is my main id, with which i am having trouble with ) I uploaded my id three times for verification, and each time it says, we are reviewing your id wait for 1 business day and then it says we are having trouble reviewing your id and try again later, its been like a week and I am facing this issue again and again, the same happening for the visual verification it stuck at wait for 1 business day from last 4 days, please someone help me, it just started happening when I started getting some clients, i fear loosing my account please someone help.

Hi Harsh,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you via the email associated with your original account to assist you further. 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service

~ Nikola
Upwork
9a90828b
Community Member

Thanks Nikola,

and yes i know that, i made this account only to reach out to one of you, and i will close this one as soon as i get my original one back, i have no intention of using this. Also can you tell me how long it would take to solve my issue because its already been days, and loosing some potential clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths