🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My account is suspended! but I did not br...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

The same for me and my agency. 6 days of waiting. No clarity.

yehor-oleinyk
Community Member

Hi,

We were scheduled to call today at 8:30 am PST. so I joined at 8:27 am PST and waited for 20 minutes. but nobody was there. Any issues? It's a really bad experience these days...

~Yehor

Hi Yehor,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already updated your support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Kindly allow some time for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
mackdiesel
Community Member

I have been trying to reach someone (anyone) at UpWork for about 18 hours now regarding an urgent matter!

I have called, I have open a ticket and I have left voice mail messages and yet not a single person has bothered to address my concerns.

I tried reaching someone at UpWork overnight to no avail and it is now nearly 3pm the next day and I have still been unable to contact anyone regarding this very urgent matter and I am growing ever more concerned that if this issue cannot be addressed in a timely manner on a weekday that the odds of me getting any resolution whatsover over the weekend are near zero and that is 100% unacceptable.

What does it take to get someone from UpWork to respond to a Freelancer / Client & Agency Owner in a timely and professional manner?????

Hi Mack,

I can see that you've been in contact with the appropriate team about your concern and several support tickets have been set up. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can always check this page for updates on those tickets and feel free to communicate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you accordingly and more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

My account should have never been suspended in the first place and I cannot wait 24 to 48 hours for this issue to be resolved and the near $3,000 that is owed to me to be paid.

I need this issue to be resolved ASAP as if you read the original ticket it seems pretty clear that my account should NOT have been suspeneded and it is clear that UpWork owes me several thousand dollars.

What kind of legitimate company suspends a persons account during them adding a debit card to make payment and then withholds thousands of dollars that CLEARLY don't belong to them??

This entire thread is FILLED we people all stating that they have been waiting DAYS for their issues to be resolved with ZERO resolutions thus far.

Why on earth do you think me sitting around and waiting to be paid what is owed to me is somehow a reasonable solution or answer to my inquiry???

My account should have never been suspeneded to begin with and my funds should be where they belong which is with me and not being held ransom by UpWork.

Do the professional thing and have someone contact me at once.

If this issue is not resolved today I will begin to terminate the contracts of all the contractors we still have using the UpWork system and working under our Client account and these individuals will NOT be re-hired.

This will be the second time that the less than adequate customer service at UpWork has forced me to reduce the volume of work that we do with your company. 

The last incident several months resulted in more than a dozen freelancers who worked for us being terminated.

The inaction of UpWork to look into and resolve this situation is now going to cost UpWork even more revenue.

sunilsonar7589
Community Member

Hello all,

I was trying add My wife credit card for purchasing connects. I have completed 2057+hrs & 11K Total earnings. Please help me with this problem 

Hu Sunil,

I can see that you've been in contact with the relevant team about your concern via a support ticket. We highly suggest you continue communicating with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you accordingly. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
63959f4d
Community Member

Hi there,

My account was suspended two hours ago, becasue I flagged job posts without payment verification as inappropiate many times, which I didn't know was against the TOS. And I filed an appeal via email just now. Can my account go back to normal once agian please? If yes, how long will it take? Unfortunately, I'm currently in urgent need of communicating with one of my clients. 😭

Thanks for your attention.

Hi Zhonglin,

I can see that you've responded to the email notification the team sent you. I can see that a support ticket has been set up and please note that they are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can always update the ticket on this page if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bluskyweb
Community Member

I'm looking to add a bank account payment method to our account but it is not listed 'available payment options'. 

How do I go about enabling this on our account if it is not listed as an option? We currently have Paypal and credit card as the only option available. 

Hi Rick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4e9bb08d
Community Member

Hello, 
I've submitted my ID and Bill document as instructed a day ago but I didn't get any update as of now. When could I expect my account to be alive and so I can move forward?
Please advise if anybody is available to help. 
Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket and have been communicating with the team regarding your concern. You can access your support ticket here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nsergiu
Community Member

My account was suspended 4 days ago. And upwork asked me to upload my ID image and billing document, and I submitted the documents. After a while, upwork responsed that my ID image didn't not pass and asked to upload another ID image.

I took a new ID image and re-submitted. But still I didn't get a response even though I asked to review my documents multiple times. What should I do?

Hi Sergiu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6c10b673
Community Member

Hi everyone! I wanted to talk about Upwork suspensions, I am so much sad & frustrated over it. Upwork really shares a big share of 20% on every project. Over violation of either client, they start sending you notices, and within no time they suspend your account. Why Upwork doesn't bother to care about the ongoing projects of clients or the frozen earnings of freelancers who worked hard by sweat n blood and struggle to get so far? My account got suspended when I was a few weeks away from being top-rated, over a so-called violation by a client, which I didn't know even when I accepted a job invitation from them. Now, I appealed, it's been more than 6 hours, and still no response. at least they should have 24/7 CSR so that this kind of issue can be dealt with on a priority basis because we all have ongoing commitments and projects to do. forgive me if I seem offended, but I really am, because it seems so unfair policy. I'd love to have a chat with upwork personnel about it. Thanks

Hi Dr Muhammad Usama,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've been communicating with the appropriate team and several tickets were raised regarding your concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You expect an update on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7dee9e1b
Community Member

I'm trying to post a job, and I keep getting the same notification already on the first step (title and specifics):

We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information. Error [7681c5aa8cecb01b-SEA, 7681c5aa8cecb01b-SEA]

Can this be solved?

Hi Bojana,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties posting a job. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a4b193d1
Community Member

Hello,

I am Aasma Farheen from Pakistan . I wish to work at UpWork with the mask and with this my photo as anyone can see on the profile picture. But my account was suspended after editing this picture. What should I do? At that movement, I feel sorrowful and helpless because a global organization can not understand my feelings and cultural values. This is right? I feel that UpWork does not help me more . Should I leave this platform for searching for work or stay there ? Please help and guide me .

Thanks

Aasma Farheen

Hi Aasma,

I certainly understand your concern and I'm really sorry to learn about this experience. I'll have the team review your account and have a member assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page or your email and please don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you have questions.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e68e39c3
Community Member

I do not understand!😪 I wonder why my account was suspended, I didn't break any rules! and I didn't receive any notification about my account being suspended either to my email address or to the notification bell on my account! I can't figure out what's causing it, and I wrote to technical support and they said they would respond within 48 hours! but I still don't understand why! Can anyone advise me? please ladies and gentlemen! leave your opinion😢😭

Hi Iftikhor,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action on your account. I see that the relevant team has already notified you about the same issue via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Sir, I went to the link you mentioned and clicked to confirm my identity and sent the documents, my passport photo in jpg format in good condition! but in the second step, it is necessary to enter the year, month, and day, and I entered it, but it gives me an error! I don't understand! What should I do?😭

Безымянный.jpg

Hi Iftikhor,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again and ensure the date is entered in the correct format?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

yes mr Pradeep, I entered it correctly! I entered the first year, month and day, it gave me an error, and then I entered the day, month and year. and the result gave a homogenous error! hma gave an error in both! the link you sent asked for the first year, month and day, I did exactly that, but it gave me an error! but I sent the necessary documents to the place where the message came from and sent a screenshot of the situation that gave an error!

Thank you for sharing the screenshots via support ticket, Iftikhor. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8ca5ee2b
Community Member

I am trying to post a job but getting error while saving job

There was an error saving the job: error [76852f6ce9f6c930-SEA, 76852f6ce9f6c930-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Hi Uma,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your account has been placed on hold. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cameron_t111
Community Member

Is it just me or has Upwork support just gotten horrible? It used to be so easy to get ahold of someone and now it seems horribly automated ... and when you have been suspended for no reason and have no person to contact ... it feels like you need to leave the platform...

Can anyone help me understand?

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mlkmasud
Community Member

An expiration date error is coming when I go to verify my ID card.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It's not an error, your ID is expired. 

But my account is suspended. Now asking to verify, but not getting verified. What should I do now?

Hi Masud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c863b4b8
Community Member

I got this notifictaion last friday. I have contacted customer support and submitted all the verification documents. 

Then submitted a message as well. But after a week what I got is agent close the case saying that I didn't reply to their inquriy. 
I don't know why this is happened. Please help me out how I can reactivate my account? 
I need to do it ASAP as I'm loosing my potential new customers. 
This is the ticket number I have been assigned. 
Link: 37702102

Thanks.

Hi Safdar,

I can also see that you've been coordinating with the appropriate team via a support ticket. We highly suggest you continue doing that through the same ticket so that the team can assist you accordingly. You can access your tickets on this page.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths