🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account suspension
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
c863b4b8
Community Member

Thanks, Arjay 

My concern is no one responding to my ticket there and suddenly I got reply that I haven't give them reply that's why my ticket is closed. 
Can you make sure Your team member will check the ticket and then advice me how I can reactive my account? 

Thanks. 

Hi Safdar,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will be reaching you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep H
My issue has been resolved. 
Thanks, for your help and quick response. 

82e0d29f
Community Member

I submitted the verification documents after my account was put on hold, and I have been waiting for 4 days at this point. When I submitted my bank statement and ID, it said to wait 24 hours after submission. Then, when I clicked the "Get Support" button, it said to wait 72 hours. It has now been 4 days. It's unfortunate that they put my account on hold just as I was about to withdraw money, forcing me to suffer while sitting down. Please, if you're from Support, could you assist me?

I am still waiting on this, anyone from Upwork support team.

On Upwork, this kind of incident has never occurred. I did some research and discovered that verifying a person used to take a few hours, but now it has been 5 days and there has been absolutely no response to the ticket.Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 11.42.12.png

Hi Byiringiro,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
0d41b2f9
Community Member

Hi there,

I am a us citizen who created an upwork account a few months ago, now my account has been suspended permanently.

I also created an agency on upwork using the name of a company that I own and I have all the legimate documents.

But they say they couldn't verify my identity.

I tried to call them, but no way to call them directly and no way to have a video call.

Moreover, the balance available on the account is on hold by Upwork.

How could this happen? How could native americans not be verified?

Even ones who own a company?

Could anybody help me please?

Thanks,

Hi Joshua,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ebenezar-lawrenc
Community Member

Hi, my account was suspended and I have didn't even get an email alerting me to the suspension or the reason. I noticed it was suspended whe  I wasn't able to log in. I filed an apeal two weeks ago and up till now I haven't gotten a reply. I had to creat this account to be able to write this here and I know this is wrong but I didn't have any choice. I hope this can get resolved soon. 

It's been two weeks now I haven't recieved any reply. 

I hope someone can respond to this as I don't know what else to do

Hi Ebenezar,

Thank you for reaching out. I don't see any active suspension on your account right now. Could you please check again? If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot so we can include it in our report.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, as I said in my post I only created this account to make comment on the upwork community and I delete it as soon as the issue is resolved because I know it's against the rules. 

The issue is that I have another account that was permanently suspended and I have appealed the suspension almost  two weeks ago now but I have gotten any reply at all. Furthermore I wasn't alerted that my account was suspended. I didn't get an email at all. I had to find out it was suspended when I was trying to log in. I can send you more details on the suspended account but I plead that you lool into the issue. I don't know the reason for my suspension as I didn't receive any email stating the reason. 

This is the screenshot lf the email I recieved last before my account was suspended 

I mean I haven't gotten any reply at all*.

I am sorry for the grammatical errors

Hi Ebenezar,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi, I have sent the message, but I haven't seen ang change or gotten any reply. Is there any way I can know that something is been done about the issue?

Hi Ebenezar,

Thank you for sending the private message. Luiggi will review and respond to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Luiggi, it been more almost three days and nothing has chang and I haven't even gotten any reply to the appeal I sent two weeks ago. I assumed that it usually takes two days to check and review the issue. I don't know why it's taking this long but I can only ask that you please look into the issue.

872e84cc
Community Member

Hi

I need help!! I recently had to change a payment method over.  I changed payment method, paid the bill and the account is still suspended. Over 5 days since the money was taken.
I cannot contact any customer support to find a viable email address. I have reached out on Twitter still to no avail. 

Do's anyone know how to contact any support at Upwork ? 

My freelancers can't be paid until my account suspension is lifted?
How do you resolve this it is only a change of card seems ridiculous.
Thanks in advance

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the account hold. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
056a6e69
Community Member

I tried uploading my passport for confirmation, it kept claiming there was a problem, so I made what I thought were the tweaks it wanted, taking a picture that revealed all 4 corners of the passport, for example. I then reuploaded, same thing. Took a picture with less glare, then reuploaded. Nothing, and then account locked.

Made a new account, this time all went well, passport went through, but then when I went to apply for jobs it would just say 'your phone has been successfully verified' and I couldn't actually apply for anything.

Now I dig up an email address from when I was like 14 and have another go, at this point I think it recognises my passport picture popping up for the 1 millionth time and straight out bans me.

If the site wasn't so glitchy I wouldn't have needed to make multiple accounts, which wouldn't have led to me being perma banned.

I'd really like some help please and I would be keen to find a way to resolve this so Upwork is happy!

UPDATE: I tried to lodge an account suspension review claim. I then instantly recieve an email, to the first address, and not the address of the account I'm actually using, that says my account isn't suspended so there is nothing they can do?!

Hi Edward,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties proceeding with an account. Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your main account? We'll have your accounts reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4e75bbb5
Community Member

I update it thrice a time and still my account is suspended can any body guide me how can i remove suspension from my account

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already responded to the support ticket initiated by our team. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
33b75c6c
Community Member

I used this email "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" to sign up for an upwork account to hire part-time writers. I don't know why, but the account was suspended after sending the assignment. I contacted not an official upwork person. And I don't know how to solve this problem. Please contact me and help me to solve the problem of account suspension

Hi Lei,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that the team has already notified you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. You can respond to the notification sent to your registered email address. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
blertabina
Community Member

As I just created my account, I submit to verify my identity  but upwork still hasn't verified it and it's taking way too weeks and one day I got this email saying I won't be able to submit or work even tho I can't verify my account any other ways because it shows me that upwork is still reviewing it. Thank you

Hi Blerta,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. You can coordinate with the team through an email notification linked to your ticket that will be sent to you momentarily. You can also access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
885801e7
Community Member

Hi Everyone!

I withdrawal my money on 16 november by direct to local bank and its been almost 9 days i still didn't recieved my payment i had putted my father bank in payment method and also tell upwork that this is my father bank account and they said you will recieve the withdrawal by 24 november and after this connect a bank which belongs to you for not facing any problem in future its 25 november but still didn't get the payment.

!!READ FULL!!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
joesiervo
Community Member

Hello!

I am having an issue reaching out to support as there is no option for me to reach out to them. My account said it is suspended due to some unpaid bills, however, that was taken care of already and my account has some limitations like I am unable to submit a proposal. Please I need help to fix this issue. Thank you! Customer support 

Hi Jose,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you, Annie!

989ae83d
Community Member

After being financial transaction limit now my account is suspended can you please let me know why is my account suspended . I have never asked any freelancers to work outside upwork and the payment gateway is all related to me and my company .

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
ca10be30
Community Member

To whom it may concern,

I currently have a balance of $0.00 and I have updated my credit card information on upwork after communicating with customer support and yet I am still recieving this message;

We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information. Error [77253532ad78bac7-SEA, 77253532ad78bac7-SEA]

Can you please help me with this issue. I am trying to post a job that I need immediate help with.

Hi Lijon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. If you have further questions or need further assistance feel free to follow up with our team on your ticket and they will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3def682d
Community Member

I just sent due payment into Upwork.

but my account is still suspended .

please fix  that.

thank you

Hi Khairul,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. It looks like one of the members has sent you an update with more details and further instructions on how to resolve the issue with your account. It is important to keep everything consolidated into a single ticket to be certain those working on it have all the details. Please access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
muhammad-aabid
Community Member

Upwork shows a notice,

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. Get started.
I have done this on 2022-11-21
But this notice still shows on my profile and now it's been 12 days and still I am waiting for the support team to solve my issue and activate me to continue.
Can you please help me regard this issue?

Can you sir, please make fast this process?

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've been communicating with the appropriate team regarding the status of your account and several support tickets have been created. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket and please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths