🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Changing location in Profile
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Jun,

I checked and it seems that you already updated your country. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you help me change country from US to India. I wanted US clients so choosed US but I live In India.

Can you help me change country from US to India? I wanted US clients so I selected US but I live In India.

Hi Priyansu,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The country is changed but I the Indian city is not showing.

Hi Priyansu,

Please clear your cache and cookies and then add your street address first. When you`re typing your address you will see a drop down menu and will need to choose one of the suggestions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Yes I was able to find a phone number for
customer care and they changed the country for me. Thanks for your time 🙂
c2f5ec6c
Community Member

I cannot change the country from US to Philippines. Can't proceed completing my profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathrina,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to the Philippines?

~ Bojan
Upwork
fahed_
Community Member

Hi, I'm creating my profile and I'm unable to change the country. It is set currently to UK but I live in Palestine. I tried using the settings but the website redirects me to the create profile page.

Thank you for the help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fahed,

Your country was updated as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Olaniyi

Hi Olaniyi,

I checked, and it looks like you have already changed your country successfully. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
misssahara
Community Member

Please help me change my location from UK to Kenya. I'm having a hard time. I used to live in UK but I reside in Kenya now. Please help.

Hi Sahara,

Your country has been updated to Kenya. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a8d2c582
Community Member

Hi! I need to change my country to the Philippines. When I signed up, it was automatically set to Hong Kong. Thanks!

a8d2c582
Community Member

Hi Joan! Hope you can also change my country to PHILIPPINES. Thanks!

Hi Katerine,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
caesartcw
Community Member

please help

Hi Qaysar,

Could you please confirm which country you are currently located? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
413d1ced
Community Member

Hi,
I am about to finish the registration form but I have mistakenly selected the UK as residence country and it looks like I can't change it because I am not allowed to select another country.

Hi Antonio,

Could you please confirm your current location/country so that our team can update it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am based in Italy.

Thanks
orianne_morantes
Community Member

Hi! Could you please change my location to Hong Kong? Thanks!

Hi Orianne,

Your country is now updated as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f0fbb5cc
Community Member

Hi, I would like to change the country. I mistakenly put my nationality (Japan)  instead of where I'm located(Spain).

Hi Megumi,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi
I also want to change my country from US to Germany

Hi Barzi,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
72a6d4a7
Community Member

Before finishing my profile, I find that the country of my account is the default "US." Unfortunately, I currently live in China. But, I find it very sad that I can't finish the last step because I don't have a phone number in the US. You have set it as the MUST step before I'm allowed to change my country code like other members. 

This is a complaint letter, as many people flow between different countries nowadays, and fixing one's account on a certain country is unreasonable for most of us, the global citizens. I hope you can seriously take my suggestions into consideration.

Finally, I hope to receive your reply via the email address: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hegel,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rawal_varsha
Community Member

Hi Admin,
as I'm new to this platform, I'm unable to change my country from USA to India while registering and creating a profile, I need to verify my contact number but I 'm unable to change my country before the mobile number.
Please help me out in this.

Hi Varsha,

I checked and it seems that your country was already set to India. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
spoerrle
Community Member

Hi, is there any option to change location in my profile? Regards, Marco

Hi Marco,

You should be able to make changes to your location after filling out your profile. If you would like us to update your country, please let us know so that we can assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

My country is already updated to Phoilippines but the cities I'm able to choose are still cities in Cambodia. Please help to update the cities as well so I can complete my profile. Thank you. 

Hi Paula,

Could you please try updating your city now? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am in Cambodia but my bank account is in Germany, could you please change my location to Germany?

Hi Stefan,

You should be able to update your location by going to Settings > Contact Info and making the changes under the Location section. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mercy120
Community Member

Hello, could you please help me change my country address to Ukraine?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths