🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hello again, I still can't set my city(Bishkek). It's only available to choose among UA cities

Nevermind, it's been updated

Hi Tilek,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
d_pyatnitskiy
Community Member

Good day, unfortunately, when I started my registration process, my country chaned to the US. I can't chage it now anyhow, so could you please swap my country to Russia?

Hi Dmitry,

Your country was updated to Russia as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
moacir_ramos
Community Member

can someone help me confirm my account, i'm new to upwork and put as i live in the usa, but i'm in another country, i just need a number to receive the 5 digits of confirmation !

Hi Moacir,

Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it. Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

BRAZIL

THANK YOU

Thank you for following up, Moacir. Your country was updated as per your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I couldn't confirm the code because it has the wrong number that I put in the USA!

my number is this +**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Moacir,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks, it looks like it has been fixed. I'll let you know if there are any other problems.

is configured with the wrong cell number, how do you change it?

I already got it, thanks

sidd_2019
Community Member

Not sure why I am unable to set the country on my profile to "Canada".

It shows "Albania" as default and is greyed out; I am unable to change it.

Has any of you encountered similar issues?

If Yes; Can you please guide me how to solve for this issue?

Best regards,

Sidd

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Siddhartha,

Your country was updated to Canada as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sidd_2019
Community Member

Thanks a lot Bojan for your prompt response.

Is it possible for you to update the city name on my profile to "Toronto, ON" and delete the existing one "TiranaON" ?

Best regards,

Sidd

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Siddhartha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to update the city field on your side?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
37b43e28
Community Member

I signed up to Upwork and I forgot to change the country, I want it to be set to Egypt, but I cant do it.

paulabg8
Community Member

The country in my profile is defaulted to Cambodia and Im not able to change it to Philippines. Can anyone help me to update the country on my profile since Philippines is my permanent country of residence. Thanks. 

Hi Paula,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! Can you change my location from Sweden to Ukraine. 

Thanks!

Hi Dmytro,

Your country has been updated to Ukraine.

~ Joanne
Upwork
30fad4b6
Community Member

Hello Joanne, thanks for changing my country! But can you also change my town - Lutsk (Volyn region) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutsk

Thanks!

Hi Dmytro,

Feel free to complete your application and submit it for a review. Once this is done, you will be able to go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f4c80a0d
Community Member

Hi, i made an account years ago with my gmail and i never completed my profile, now i after i m back again i cannot change my location ! it shows us and the input is disabled...what can i do i don't have a us phone number to verifiy my account cuz i m surley not a us citizen

this is a screen cap

Hi Sed,

Could you please confirm what country would you like your location to be updated to and we'll be happy to assist you with it?

~ Valeria
Upwork

I want to change it to Tunisia.
Thanks for your help and kindness :")

Hi Sed, 

Your country has been updated to Tunisia. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
runningonjoy
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account but there is no ability to select a different country for my home address and phone number. I live in Austria permanently.

Hi Kelly, 

Your country was updated to Austria as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
33dcea00
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issue - it only shows United States and I'm trying to change it to Canada.

Thanks!

Hi Vipul,

Your country has been updated to Canada.

~ Joanne
Upwork
33dcea00
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm not able to see any Canadian provinces or cities in their corresponding drop downs. Can you help?

Hi Vipul,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies and then add your street address first. If you`re still unable to see suggestions for Canada, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1a3d6415
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork while I was using VPN but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to United Arab Emmirates but I live in the Pakistan, I closed VPN and again refresh my account but its still not work. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Muhammad,

Your country is now updated, feel free to add the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5238de3c
Community Member

hi im new in upwork and my location is germany in part 9 of creating account

i want to change it to georgia

please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amir Mohammad,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to Georgia?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5238de3c
Community Member

please some one help me

i want to change my location from germany to georgia 

i stuck in part 9 of create my profile 

helpppppppppppp

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths