🐈
» Forums » Support » I need assistance in disabling the authentica...
Page options
63d96221
Community Member

Can't login through authenticator

I can no longer access my account using the authenticator because I changed phones and there was no way for me to connect with the authenticator again. Is there a way to remove it and elect another form of verification instead? Thank you!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irvin,

If you need help because you don't have access to your authenticator app anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

125 REPLIES 125

Hi Christian,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
aamir_kalimi
Community Member

Hi , I need a assistance in disabling the authenticator since I always get the "Authorize your device" page and don't have access to the authenticator app. I appreciate it if someone from the technical team can contact me through my email. Thank you!

Hi Aamir,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tanveer05
Community Member

Hi there,

I have problem with 2 step verification of my account. Previously i used authenticator app for two step verification but later on i had problem with my apps and authenticator was removed from myphone. Now i cannot assess my settings. How do i solve this issue?

Hi Tanveer,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mihirpalyekar
Community Member

Hi, I don't have access to my previous phone because of which I can't authenticate using the google authenticator.
I logged in into the same account in google but still I cant authenticate.because I coudn't import accounts before and it has its screen shaterred and I got a new phone instead.
How can I solve this problem ?

Hi Mihir,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
angelbalibrea
Community Member

I can't access my profile setting due to authenticator app to generate code error. I don't know where to get it. Can you please help me?

Hi Angel,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alshariar
Community Member

When I factory reset my phone the authenticator app got deleted with its data.....Now can't access my user settings because it is always asking for the authenticator app code...Need help TIA

Hi AL,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks the problem has been fixed. 🙂

b_tadic
Community Member

Hello, is there a way for me to remove 2 factor authentication method for logging in since I deleted the authenticator app and now I have no ways of accessing my account.

Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards.

Hi Bogdan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
shiloh_4u
Community Member

Hey! Please help!

I setup google authenticator with my old phone and then it crashed and now I can't access my profile or change my account settings without a google authenticator code and I can't get the code, because my phone crashed! Can someone help me reset my two factor authentication or if there is another solution?

Thank you!

Hi Shiloh,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your phone. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
trizah_nabbale
Community Member

I'm not receiving phone code for device authorization. Please help.

Hi Treza,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abilfazal
Community Member

Hi,

I recently changed my phone and when I installed the authenticator app, I had lost my code and can't find options to get it back

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Hi Abilfazal,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gabrealdesigns
Community Member

When I click on continue with Google and I select the correct email, it asks me to input my generated code and they haven't sent any but whe. I click on try another method, they send the code.. I have been logged out for days on my PC, please I need help

Hi Gabriel,

I checked and I believe the code you're referring to is the Authenticator app code. Please note this code is not sent to you, but rather you consult the current code generated by your authenticator app. You can find more information on how this works here.

If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
66b86115
Community Member

Hi, Community.

Today, I was going to do Authenticator app code in Password & security.

So I have installed Google Authenticator App on my phone.

And then I tried to scan QR code and put the code in input field.

But that said me, invalid number.

Please help me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joao David De Souz,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
66b86115
Community Member

Thank you for your help
syedateeq1000
Community Member

I want to open settings but for that when I sent 3 times code and pasted on upwork all of the three times upwork said that the code is invalid. kindly fix the issue asap

Hello Ateeq,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
dishan_n
Community Member

Hi.

I used the Google Authenticator application for the security of my Upwork account. But a few days ago I formatted my mobile phone. How do I use Google Authenticator again?

Thank you.

Hi Dishan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I am also facing exactly the same issue.

I first tried using Text Message authentication but didn't received any text message.

Then I tried with Google Authenticator app and provided correct codes multiple times but getting the error continuously.

Hi Hassam,

~Andrea
Upwork

Go to the settings on your account, go to security, you will see the authenticator option there.

You can the new one there and just remove the old one you were using before

gabrealdesigns
Community Member

If you can log in on your PC, do these simple steps

-go to settings on your account on your PC 

- Go to security

-enable all of the 3 verification methods available

You can also remove one authenticator app and delete the one you were using before.

Let me know if this solves your problem or you need a more specific solution.

irvinparcon
Community Member

every time I log in to my laptop it always asks for the Two-step verification code from my phone or email even if I check the box that says "remember this device". How can I make this site to remember my laptop so I won't have to deal with the Two-step verification every time I log in.

Hi Irvin,

If you need help because you don't have access to your authenticator app anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab2e03a1
Community Member

I can no longer access my account using the authenticator because I changed phones, mail is not functioning again and there was no way for me to connect with the authenticator again. Is there a way to remove it and elect another form of verification instead? Thank you

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
jeapearl
Community Member

Im having the same problem. I can't login my account both in the upwork mobile app and in my browser, upwork requires authentication code from the mobile app, but i dont have access to my mobile app anymore. I would appreaciate help. Thank you!

Hi Jeany,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ae57b0a8
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team!

I've reinstalled the authenticator app but now the codes in the authenticator app don't work. I've also tried phone verification but I haven't received any code. Can you please solve my issues and help to get access back to my account?

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths