🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Certificate of tax residency
Page options
csm96x
Community Member

Certificate of Tax Residency - IRS Form 6166

Hello!

I am a Romanian freelancer and I need a copy of your 2021 Certificate of tax residency for avoiding double taxation in my country. 

Thank you very much.

Cosmina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Cosmina,

If you need IRS Form 6166, please reach out to Upwork Customer Support. How to reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
AndreaG

Hi Cosmina,

If you need IRS Form 6166, please reach out to Upwork Customer Support. How to reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork
db1f3798
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm interested in obtaining that certificate for the same reason mentioned by Cosmina. 

Thank you,

Anita

Hello Anita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello. I need this as well, please, it is urgent!
I need I need a copy of your 2021 and 2022 Certificate of tax residency for avoiding double taxation in my country.

Hi Ilija,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I've just created a request and it has been "solved" instantly by bot. 

Whom should I ask to receive the certificate?

Hi Damian,

Rest assured, our team has received your ticket and will follow up directly there as soon as possible to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
59b2d3fd
Community Member

Hello, i am a freelancer from Romania and i need the Upwork 2021 Certificate of tax residency for avoiding double taxation.

Hi George,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, i am a freelancer from Romania and i need the Upwork 2021 Certificate of tax residency

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mircea,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as well and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Mircea Alexandru V wrote:

Hello, i am a freelancer from Romania and i need the Upwork 2021 Certificate of tax residency

I don't know anything about the Romanian tax code, just curious: you are a resident of Romania and you perform your work in Romania. A double taxation treaty only comes into play if you live outside of your country for a considerable amount of time, so some of your work is performed outside your country of origin. So why do you need it?

Hi Martina, it's not about the tax we have to pay for OUR income. It's about the income tax that has to be paid by foreign businesses in the country where that income is made (mainly applied to digital goods and services).

Hi Goran,

Is the tax residency certificate for 2021 available now? The last time I talked with support (April) they said it might be available later in the year.

Thank you,

Anita

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anita, 

I'll go ahead and forward your concern to the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further through a support ticket.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I have a similar issue in Poland. Could Upwork provide a Certification of Tax Residency?

I'd like one for me too

Hi Damian and Gracjan,

Our team will reach out to you both via ticket and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ikkamitrov
Community Member

Hello,

I need this document as well in order to avoid double taxation.
I need Certificate of tax residency of UPWORK for 2022. Thank you!

Hi Ilija,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ee22e52d
Community Member

Hello, 

I am from Romania, and I regularly hire freelancers on Upwork. I also need Upworks Certification of Tax Residency.

Thank you for your help, 

Livia Vlaicu

Hi Livia,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, 

I also need the 2021 and 2022 tax residency forms. Thank you.

Hi Teofan,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to address your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
orbitsoft2
Community Member

Hello!

I am a Kazahstan freelancer and I need a copy of your 2022 Certificate of tax residency for avoiding double taxation in my country.Could you please help me?

Sincerely,
Anna

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

I am a Romanian freelancer and I will also need a copy of your 2022 Certificate of tax residency in order to avoid double taxation in my country. 

Regards,

Tudor

Hi Tudor,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I am a freelancer from Romania and I  also need a copy of your 2022 Certificate of tax residency in order to avoid double taxation.

Thank you

Marina

Hi Marina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, 

I am a freelancer from Romania and I need the Upwork 2021 Certificate of tax residency for avoiding double taxation.

Thank you!

Andra

Hi Andra,

Thank you for your post. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
71975c6f
Community Member

Hi,

I also need the Certificate of Tax Residency (probably the above-mentioned IRS Form 6166) from Upwork to avoid unnecessary additional taxes in Poland. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Agata

Hi Agata,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ,

thank you for your response. It's been 5 days now but the support team didn't reach me. Please help. We need the tax residency certificate asap.

Hi Agata,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
aff0006e
Community Member

Hi, I am a freelancer in Georgia, and I have the agency profile too. I need a Certificate of Tax Residency of Upwork for 2023 urgently. Could you help me to obtain this doc?

Hi Avtandil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
668cad87
Community Member

Hello!

I am a Romanian freelancer and I need a copy of your 2022 Certificate of tax residency for avoiding double taxation in my country. 

Thank you very much.

Claudiu

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths