🐈
» Forums » Support » Confirm That It's You with Every Login
Page options
andy-hill
Community Member

Confirm That It's You with Every Login

Hi Forum.

Recently, each time I attempt to log in to Upwork, I get a message that says, Confirm That It's You. I then get an Upwork verification code sent to my mobile, and I log in. Yet, despite a check in the 'Remember this Device box,' I get asked to verify my account each time. I've just logged in and out three times, and it's the same thing.

Should I open a support ticket for this, or is the two-step verification standard practice now?

Thank you in advance.

Andy H

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
NikolaS

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, Nikola.

08cfd859
Community Member

Hi, Nikola, I have the same problem as Andy H. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Hi Rafik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
08cfd859
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea.

Community Member

*deleted*

5ec662c4
Community Member

Hi Forum.

Recently, each time I attempt to log in to Upwork, I get a message that says, Confirm That It's You. I then get an Upwork verification code sent to my mobile, and I log in. Yet, despite a check in the 'Remember this Device box,' I get asked to verify my account each time. I've just logged in and out three times, and it's the same thing.

Should I open a support ticket for this, or is the two-step verification standard practice now?

Umar shahzad 

Hi Umar,

I have escalated your report to the relevant team and one of the support team members will be in touch via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page when ready.

~ Arjay
Upwork
20034bd3
Community Member

I login with my PC and forgot to logout, and then tried to login with my phone so I got a mail to secure my account if I wasn't me  so I secure my account without reading the email, now I can't login with my phone

Hi Edikan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you referring to being locked out of your account? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Could you please share a screenshot of the error you're getting so we can further investigate this for you?

~ AJ
Upwork
2785ce1c
Community Member

I'm curious! Did Upwork really solve this problem for you? Why don't they show a simple solution in this forum thread?

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for your message. For this particular issue/concern by users, the account needs to undergo a series of verification for security reasons and it cannot be disclosed here in the forum. Don't worry, rest assured that once you reached our support team, you will surely be assisted accordingly. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
gbobic
Community Member

I'm pretty sure the reason the answer is not publicly disclosed is because they don't want to share which cookies you need to allow to avoid it. My advice would be to live with it and let Ghostery do its thing.

09bdf30e
Community Member

I have the same issue please help me in this.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You may access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jitendra1981995
Community Member

Facing the same issue. Can't log in without confirming my phone number again and again, don't really know what SSO is used for.

Hi Jitendra,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
pixelshouters
Community Member

I am having same problem and it's quite irritating, please fix this isue

Hi Kamlesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you're always being prompted to confirm that it is you who is accessing your account. 

Have you tried checking the box that says "Remember this device" upon logging in?

Please also check if the clear browser cache/cookies on exit are disabled on your browser.  If it is already turned off, please let us know if you are accessing your Upwork account using another device or computer.  

If you have been accessing your account using the same computer and browser with no IP address changes, please provide a screenshot of the whole page that prompts you to verify the account again. Please also send us a screenshot of the support page result by going to this URL

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths