🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Credit Card Fraud
Page options
a7042cb6
Community Member

Credit Card Fraud

I had never heard of upwork until i spotted an unauthorised transaction on my credit card statement yesterday. I have contacted my credit card company and they have cancelled my card. The amount of that transaction is over 1,600 NZ dollars. The credit campany said that the charges were made by someone based in Dublin, and I live in New Zealand. There is a reference number attached to the transaction. My credit card company is now investigating this matter, but could you please look into this at your end? They have said they can’t dispute the charges until it’s fully gone through (it’s in a hold currently and the merchant needs to confirm the transaction before it goes through). I can provide more infomation. Please contact me ASAP.

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Jane,

Thank you for reporting this and I'm sorry to learn about this unpleasant experience. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team for further review. Please expect an update from one of the members via email where you'll be advised and assisted on how to resolve the issue. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a7042cb6
Community Member

Someone named **Edited for Community Guidelines** replied to me about this privately, however I cannot respond to his request for more information as the page won't load. 

The date of the transaction was 21/10/2022. 

It showed on my bank statement as 

Upwork -531880333Ref  Dublin  Le

Please address this and reverse the payment. My bank fraud team are investigating and I will take this further if the payment isn't refunded. I've never used this site before and created a profile solely because I couldn't find any other way of contacting admin/support. 

Hi Jane,

We truly appreciate you sharing these details. Can you please try accessing your support tickets on this page? Please let me know if you're still having difficulties coordinating with the team through that page and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mr1996
Community Member

Plz create a support ticket if the matter is related to Upwork transaction?

Upwork never accept Ilegal activities.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Jane, that is an issue directly for the fraud department of your credit card provider. They should have you file the appropriate paperwork for the reversal. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths