🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
e15bb229
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

i Should Get 10 Connects After Winning an interview and Replying to it , well i didn't Get any Connects ?  does it take time or there is some kind of mistake ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

922 REPLIES 922
e4b3ac4a
Community Member

I wrote a proposal, won an interview but no connects

Hi Natnael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please allow more time for Connects to be added to your account? If you do not see your Connects after 24 hours feel free to follow up and we will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve, So that's why Upwork accounts no longer awarded free connects for every interview won by different users. If you truly won an interview, it may take 24-48 hours for the free Connects to be credited to your account.

Community Member

Hi Arjay! 

I believe the same thing happened to me. I applied for a job 7 days ago. Client responded. We talked and I got hired. But I never got the connects back. Is there anything else that needs to happen? Does the job need to end or something? I thought the point is to reward good proposals no matter whether somebody is hired or not. Would appreciate if somebody could take a look at it.

Maciej

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that the free Connects are offered for responding to the interview messages from the client on the proposals submitted by you. If you referring to this proposal, please note that direct offers on the submitted proposals and invitations from the client are not eligible for free Connects. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same issue.

I won 3 interviews throughout the previous week and didnt get free connects for any of them.

Here are the details for the 3 jobs that I won interviews for:

1- Excel VBA macro application , applied to the job on 12 Nov

2- Need a advanced excel and vba expert for 8-10 projects , applied to the job on 17 Nov

3- 5 Star Review - Total my Excel Doc ASAP , applied to the job on 23 Nov

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fd55e049
Community Member

Hi 

i really recommend to remove this feature because some freelancers use to hire them selves and get free connects without wasting money to buy connects.

Thanks.

0cae2bc9
Community Member

I have won an interview and I do response it but, after responding to the client, the project was deleted by client. Can I still get the connects?

Hi Tahsir,

Thank you for your message. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Sometimes, a project may get cancelled or a job may be removed from Upwork without a hire. In the following cases, these Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

You can always check your Connects History to verify and feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I got answer myself for this question.

Yes, I can get free 10 connects for interviewing even the project post is deleted or cancelled. 

c5d00406
Community Member

Hey, hope you're doing good. I won an interview from a client yesterday but didn't get 10 connects and it's been more than 24 hours now.

Can you please help me.

Yes, you should get 10 connects for interviewing, but if you didn't get those connects in 24 hours. Then Upwork will keep you waiting for 48 hours. Even not getting connects after 48 hours, then check your connects rewards history. Upwork offers all freelancers to get up to 50 connects in a week. If it's reached 50 connects within 7 days, there'll be no 10 connects rewards for interviewing. You can't get more than 50 connects in a week. Hopefully you'll get it all.

~ Tahsir Makakcha.

5cb2ac7f
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I have applied to different projects and got contacted by multiple clients but I haven't received any free connects yet and it's more than 24 hours. I have also checked connects history section but could not find it.

Thanks

Hi Fasih,

Please note that since the day has not ended, you may still receive pending Connects to be awarded until the end of the day, in accordance with the UTC time zone. If by tomorrow you still are not able to see the Connects you were supposed to receive, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5cb2ac7f
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for your response. I have still not received any connects yet. Please check.

Thanks

Hi Fasih,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about which proposals you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
5cb2ac7f
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Sent, please check your inbox.

Thanks

Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I didn't get 30 connects after getting response for interview and I also replied to these interview. Please help me it's been 24 hours and I didn't received connects.

Please can you check it to confirm that is there a bug or something else, would be a great help .

Thanks 

Satyam

Hi Satyam,

Thank you for your message. It may take up to 24-48 hours for the Connects to be credited to your Upwork account. Feel free to reach us if you do not receive them after 72 hours.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d73ccdc8
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I got 4 interviews in a day and during the week total 7 interviews, however, i only received 10 connect once and another 10 next, whereas I should be eligible for 50 connects, please advise.

Thank you,

Rohit

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please provide the job title for the interviews that should have received Connects?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for following up. I checked and can confirm you did receive the maximum of 50 Connects between the days of August 20th and 27th. This is why the rest of the interviews were not eligible. 

~Andrea
Upwork
d73ccdc8
Community Member

Thank you for your confirmation, could you please let me know on which day the counting of 7 days starts?

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your message. The maximum limit of 50 Connects is calculated on any given 7 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Also note that I haven't gotten my monthly connects for September as well.

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for letting us know. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9c5ab488
Community Member

Hello, i have the same problem, maybe there is a bug that doesn't register correctly two or more connects and and gives just one.

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your message. I checked and noticed that you have already received free Connects for the two most recent interviews. You can refer to the Connect History page for more information

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Arjay, I haven't received the connects from my last interview kindly see the issue.

Hi Umair,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Check out this Product Update for more information. 

~Andrea
Upwork
fe35750a
Community Member

I have the same problem as zeyad. I also interviewed 27 hours ago but did not get connects yet.

faryna
Community Member

Can you please check my profile? Why am I not awarded free connects, I won the interview and was hired today.

Also, I don't see this one as an open job in my profile section. Can you please verify

503b0a4b
Community Member

Hello! It's been 36 hours since my interview and I haven't gotten my connects yet. I got the connects for another interview that happened later though.

juukeox
Community Member

Hiya I've had a lot of interviews with no connects refunded. Do you mind having a look for me? Thanks!

Hi Malachi,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. For more information, please check out this Product Update

~ Joanne
Upwork
juukeox
Community Member

Thanks for your response. Lots of job postings end up asking for free work,
which is against ToS, but I never seem to get those connects refunded. How
do I get these connects back for the posts that have violated the rules?
Thanks?

Hi Malachi,

Thank you for your message. Please use the "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity or job post that requests free work. Our team will review and take action based on our internal guidelines. If we remove the flagged job post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
juukeox
Community Member

I've never seen a response in the dozens of times I've flagged a job
posting where the client asks for free work. For example, yesterday I got a
response for a post I spent connects applying on. The client said "I need
full blown articles in the end, so your "free" work is merely a demo of
your skills, since there's no other way to vet that". He expressed his
desire for free work repeatedly. When I said free work wasn't possible he
finished the conversation. Reporting the message/post has resulted in no
returned connects or anything similar. What am I missing here?

The job post in question - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Many thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths